7%
KBDFans for bringing new good things for a cheap price
12%

Total votes: 264

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Nov 2017, 21:26

Sponsored by:
Vote in the final round of this category to win a Varmilo VA68Mg and Filco Convertible 2 from The Keyboard Company!

Round 2 rules:
Please vote for nominees for the Deskthority Award 2017. What has been extra special this year? Who earns the Golden Wingnut?

You can cast a maximum of five votes.

This round is used to trim down the suggested nominees from round 1 - the five entries with the most votes will be promoted to official nominees and make it into the third and final round.

Suggested nominees:
  • Kailh Box Switches
  • IBM Model M and Cherry G80 for starting it all
  • Chyros / Chyrosran22 for his productions in 2017 in his youtube channel. He got me into the hobby, especially into vintage boards. Super informative and entertaining reviews.
  • "KeepClackingAnd..." for organizing "MECHANICON" in Germany
  • Daniel Beardsmore for continuing to work on the wiki and starting to post pedantically again. The wiki really is an invaluable resource often taken for granted.
  • Kailh separately for actually innovating in the switch design space
  • The Board Podcast for providing us with free, high quality podcast episodes, videos and livestream around our keyboard community since their debut over a year ago.
  • oldisnew for his great efforts in converting various vintage keyboards, for example, the Harris Smart Terminal, xwhatsit Model F to USB
  • ruiqimao for creating the Keyboard Firmware Builder and making the use of JH's QMK software a lot easier
  • I'd like to nominate Wodan for his keyboard building videos, showing off and talking about good keyboard building practices.
  • HaaTa / Input club for furthering the hobby. All that work on force-graphs is truly amazing. I did love the Halo-true switch. I also like that input club is bringing better keyboards to the masses with their sponsoring of e-sport.
  • KBDFans, for bringing new good things for a cheap price!
The second round ends on Friday 1 December, 19:00 UTC. You can change your vote until the end of the round.

The full results will be published at the end of the awards.

Return to “Vote for nominees”