Best input device photo

webwit
Wild Duck

06 Dec 2017, 20:39

Sponsored by:
Voters have a chance at winning a 3 keycap sets, a grab bag, and SP hats from Pimp My Keyboard/SP!

Winner:
The official nominees in the Best input device photo category were:

• Duck Viper with GMK Hyperfuse by Will_26
  • "Fake busy" by Madhias
  • IBM 3727 by pr0ximity
  • Polished keycaps by Slom
  • Jungle Mix Moba x Reaper by iArson

The Wingnut, as voted for by the keyboard community, goes to...
Spoiler:
Jungle Mix Moba x Reaper by iArson
Runners-up:
Spoiler:
2nd place: Polished keycaps by Slom

3rd place: Duck Viper with GMK Hyperfuse by Will_26
Honorable mentions:
Spoiler:
"Fake busy" by Madhias

IBM 3727 by pr0ximity

Findecanor

06 Dec 2017, 20:42

I'll be checking eBay later then ... :P

Halvar

06 Dec 2017, 20:43

Yeah, I reddit. :roll:

A warm welcome to all our new users! 8-)

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

06 Dec 2017, 20:44

yeah boys someone is winning a fugu today

Lustique

06 Dec 2017, 20:45

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I guess the kids won this one.

Slom

06 Dec 2017, 21:32

Gratz iArson!

Thanks to everybody who voted, and special thanks to the organizers. This has been a fun experience :D

andrewjoy

06 Dec 2017, 21:55

Findecanor wrote: I'll be checking eBay later then ... :P
8-)

jkaos92

06 Dec 2017, 21:58

Findecanor wrote: I'll be checking eBay later then ... :P

Pretty sure you will be disappointed.

zacheadams

06 Dec 2017, 22:03

Slom wrote: Gratz iArson!

Thanks to everybody who voted, and special thanks to the organizers. This has been a fun experience :D
This is incredibly copacetic. Thanks for being a hell of a person and taking 2nd in stride.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

06 Dec 2017, 22:04

What a shit show.

scottc

06 Dec 2017, 22:06

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hansichen

06 Dec 2017, 22:07

Nice, reddit manipulation has won. No wonder that nobody cares about dt anymore.

wobbled

06 Dec 2017, 22:09

hansichen wrote: Nice, reddit manipulation has won. No wonder that nobody cares about dt anymore.
For what it's worth I voted for it as well and I have never used reddit. I genuinely liked it the most.

jkaos92

06 Dec 2017, 22:36

Damn i surely missed the part where he asked for votes or the part where he said that you had to vote for him to enter the raffle /s

Cmon DT, check out other Awards if you want to see something possibly rigged.
Last edited by jkaos92 on 06 Dec 2017, 23:07, edited 1 time in total.

mecano

06 Dec 2017, 22:40

Ah crap, the shrouded conspiracy won again, we need more recruits in the /shiny_camp

kokokoy

07 Dec 2017, 05:40

Damn! Such disappointment.

7bit

07 Dec 2017, 10:18

These are so beautiful:
:cry:

cookie

07 Dec 2017, 10:24

Whatever...

kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Dec 2017, 12:29

Well, he made it - congratulations :lol:

CoffeeHamster

08 Dec 2017, 08:41

ayy not all reddit users are bad :( I voted for last place

uncletobai

09 Dec 2017, 20:54

Didn't want to be part of this discussion initally but i'll leave my two cents here anyways. While iArson never told people to vote for him, and possibly had all the best intentions to just make people more aware of this award, it's a fact that people will feel inclined to vote for you for hosting a giveaway - be it as a thank you, guilt or whatever.
iArson should have explicitly told people to vote for what they think is the best photo in order to counteract this issue.
An even better possibility would have been to link to the overview of all the awards if he really wanted to make the DTA more popular.

Halvar

10 Dec 2017, 09:27

It might also have helped if he hadn't named the thread "We need your votes!". The posting was ambiguous and I have no reason to think that this was unintentional. He only let the Schrödinger wave function break down to one of the possible interpretations when he was confronted.

davkol

10 Dec 2017, 11:36

Here's that post for the curious: [Giveaway] DT Awards! We need your votes!

JBert

10 Dec 2017, 14:57

Yeah. DeskThority is suuuuper toxic rn (and not just because of reddit, anyone who wants to see how the shitty oldheads act can just look back at the call for best artisan nominations thread).
They're on to us. And I'm saying that as an "oldhead".

scottc

10 Dec 2017, 15:09

JBert wrote:
Yeah. DeskThority is suuuuper toxic rn (and not just because of reddit, anyone who wants to see how the shitty oldheads act can just look back at the call for best artisan nominations thread).
They're on to us. And I'm saying that as an "oldhead".
I'm growing a bit concerned, is it normal for my head to be aging at a faster rate than the rest of my body? Is there a cure?

What's that, the cure is spending $1000 on a vomiting lion keycap? Shit.

Maybe I'll just live with it.

andrewjoy

11 Dec 2017, 12:22

I honestly don't care if people think i am being "offensive" or "toxic" when i point out how stupid people are who spend 100s if not 1000s on a single horrible keycap.

I know its not the given norm 2017 , but " your toxic" or " i am offended" is not an argument.

Madhias
BS TORPE

12 Dec 2017, 22:21

Hey there was a pic I made here in the votes! Great to see =) Completely missed the action going on here the past months being only on bicycle and other discussion boards.

Return to “Results”