Best artisan keycap

Meddle

06 Dec 2017, 22:47

webwit wrote: The nominators have nominated. The voters have voted.
It was a joke nomination, if you hadn't noticed.

andrewjoy

06 Dec 2017, 22:56

Meddle wrote:
A vitriolic reaction to the poorly ran awards, imagine that.

So what you wanted to win so you cry and moan ?

I am guessing you also went to the Trump Inauguration.

dalesnail

06 Dec 2017, 22:59

hansichen wrote: Artisans are a joke so it's understandable that a joke won.

scottc

06 Dec 2017, 23:01

andrewjoy wrote:
Meddle wrote:

Christ on a bike, let's not compare disliking artisans to supporting Trump :lol:

Meddle

06 Dec 2017, 23:01

andrewjoy wrote:
Meddle wrote:

Heaven forbid anyone criticizes the process.

Strangely fitting that the joke nomination won the joke awards, I suppose.

Chyros

06 Dec 2017, 23:24

scottc wrote:
andrewjoy wrote:
Meddle wrote:

Christ on a bike, let's not compare disliking artisans to supporting Trump :lol:
Oh is that guy SUPPORTING Trump?! I honestly thought he was lamenting it xD .

andrewjoy

06 Dec 2017, 23:26

no he is lamenting it .

The so called "real artisans "are the establishment( clinton) and the jelly are the outsider (trump)

In both cases millennials are autistic screeching

Meddle

06 Dec 2017, 23:31

andrewjoy wrote: no he is lamenting it .

The so called "real artisans "are the establishment( clinton) and the jelly are the outsider (trump)

In both cases millennials are autistic screeching

Only in this case, the establishment are the real people, and the outsider is a factory in it for cash as opposed to art. Clack must be dying a little inside.

andrewjoy

06 Dec 2017, 23:39

Not sure how you can say that when the artisan market is the scalpers wet dream with 100s and 1000s of money tokens getting traded for a single cap.

But its ok, i am sure it will come out soon that russia hacked the vote.

dickeroni

06 Dec 2017, 23:42

Not that it matters, I did jokingly nominate Jelly Keys even using the same phrase that the previous years nomination used, as well as including problems with their quality control. Their keycaps do not follow any logical profile and their handcrafted sculpts are complete disasters.

I do not think they deserve to win twice in a row, or even once. However, I knew this community is full of fucking retards that would vote for them again. The only thing they do well is peddle shit to the masses for cheap, which entitled idiots enjoy. Thus, they won. Again.

The other people (ETF, Sneaky, GAF, HWS) nominated overwhelmingly deserved this years wingnut, due to their service and overall presence in the community. All of those people are truly great members and do so much more than simply sell caps.

I, unfortunately, can't say the same for Jelly Keys.

totes hacked the vote, go russians

Meddle

06 Dec 2017, 23:44

andrewjoy wrote: Not sure how you can say that when the artisan market is the scalpers wet dream with 100s and 1000s of money tokens getting traded for a single cap.
Not sure what this has to do with which artist wins? Where's the strawman emoji when you need one?

webwit
Wild Duck

06 Dec 2017, 23:46

I actually checked the vote on someone's request, and there were no irregularities. People liked the designs. Speaking of retards, you must be proud of yourself. :roll: Shot. Foot. Etc.

Meddle

06 Dec 2017, 23:51

webwit wrote: I actually checked the vote on someone's request, and there were no irregularities. People liked the designs.
Can you check the joke nominations too? Kill the issue at the stem. This is akin to Deez nuts winning presidency. Image

chuckdee

06 Dec 2017, 23:55

dickeroni wrote: I do not think they deserve to win twice in a row, or even once. However, I knew this community is full of fucking retards that would vote for them again. The only thing they do well is peddle shit to the masses for cheap, which entitled idiots enjoy. Thus, they won. Again.
Thanks for the quote I can use behind the scene when I drive home again that this category shouldn't exist on DTAs. And JK is one of the only artisans that I have, because of the themes and craftsmanship. Not the same old cast (or 3d printed sculpt) in different colors.

To each, his own.

webwit
Wild Duck

06 Dec 2017, 23:55

Anyone can nominate. The voters decide.

dickeroni

07 Dec 2017, 00:01

Yes, and I didn't shoot myself in the foot. The community decided on this, all 67 of them lol.

dickeroni

07 Dec 2017, 00:06

chuckdee wrote:
dickeroni wrote: I do not think they deserve to win twice in a row, or even once. However, I knew this community is full of fucking retards that would vote for them again. The only thing they do well is peddle shit to the masses for cheap, which entitled idiots enjoy. Thus, they won. Again.
Thanks for the quote I can use behind the scene when I drive home again that this category shouldn't exist on DTAs. And JK is one of the only artisans that I have, because of the themes and craftsmanship. Not the same old cast (or 3d printed sculpt) in different colors.

To each, his own.
https://imgur.com/a/eGEcD

They do 3D print sculpts and paint over them, I'm sorry I had to inform you of that since you actually seemed to like them. However, that will probably not change your overall opinion.

webwit
Wild Duck

07 Dec 2017, 00:07

Cry yourself a river. :lol:

chuckdee

07 Dec 2017, 00:11

dickeroni wrote:
chuckdee wrote:

To each, his own.

They do 3D print sculpts and paint over them, I'm sorry I had to inform you of that since you actually seemed to like them. However, that will probably not change your overall opinion.
Oh, are the ones where they have to mold them to get the stars painted over? Or what about the one posted in your nomination? They might have others that they do different things with. But that's not the sum total of their work.

nugglets

07 Dec 2017, 00:13

chuckdee wrote:
dickeroni wrote:
chuckdee wrote: Thanks for the quote I can use behind the scene when I drive home again that this category shouldn't exist on DTAs. And JK is one of the only artisans that I have, because of the themes and craftsmanship. Not the same old cast (or 3d printed sculpt) in different colors.

To each, his own.

Oh, are the ones where they have to mold them to get the stars painted over? Or what about the one posted in your nomination? They might have others that they do different things with. But that's not the sum total of their work.
So we can generalize the "sum total" of all other artisans work like in your previous reply, but not the two-time award winning Jelly Key.

Got it.

dickeroni

07 Dec 2017, 00:15

webwit wrote: Cry yourself a river. :lol:
k

shinz0

07 Dec 2017, 00:16

Deskthority Awards voters for ping award 2018

dickeroni

07 Dec 2017, 00:16

chuckdee wrote:
dickeroni wrote:
chuckdee wrote: Thanks for the quote I can use behind the scene when I drive home again that this category shouldn't exist on DTAs. And JK is one of the only artisans that I have, because of the themes and craftsmanship. Not the same old cast (or 3d printed sculpt) in different colors.

To each, his own.

I was simply trying to correct part of your previous assessment where you stated they did not use 3D printed sculpts.

Meddle

07 Dec 2017, 00:30

shinz0 wrote: Deskthority Awards voters for ping award 2018
They seem to accept any and all nominations, so sure! This has my vote.

Lustique

07 Dec 2017, 00:36

dickeroni wrote: I was simply trying to correct part of your previous assessment where you stated they did not use 3D printed sculpts.
He didn't. Read it again.

chuckdee

07 Dec 2017, 00:38

dickeroni wrote:
chuckdee wrote:
dickeroni wrote: https://imgur.com/a/eGEcD

I was simply trying to correct part of your previous assessment where you stated they did not use 3D printed sculpts.
Read please. I never said they don't. I just said they do things other than different colors and 3d sculpts. Those are two different statements.
Last edited by chuckdee on 07 Dec 2017, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.

codemonkeymike

07 Dec 2017, 00:44

Meddle wrote:
scottc wrote: "True community members" :lol: Alright.

My favourite part of this award is the reaction.

There's a reason you can put a name, a face and a personality to every nominee but one. I can't befriend a factory.
Poorly ran? Webwit did all the leg work to do a write up on every nominee, he even heard community concerns on there not being an Artisan award and made one. The rules were clearly stated/clarified and everyone had a chance to nominate, even members with no posts who joined a minute before nominating. I feel the reason you are angry is because you have an emotional attachment to a person/people who make artisan keycaps. This is fine, for some it is an art but for others it is a business, with employees who have families just like the solo artists. I implore you to research Andy Warhol, he had an print factory with multiple employees.

webwit
Wild Duck

07 Dec 2017, 00:54

Meddle wrote:
shinz0 wrote: Deskthority Awards voters for ping award 2018
They seem to accept any and all nominations, so sure! This has my vote.
Tip: Use the #dta2018 hashtag as a reminder for next year's nominations!

flowerlandfilms

07 Dec 2017, 00:58

Findecanor

07 Dec 2017, 01:19

Everyone also gets several chances to comment on the nominees during the three rounds, and explain why a nominee would be less or more deserving of votes than others. Complaining afterwards is a bit childish.

Return to “Results”