Best Project or Innovation

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Nov 2018, 18:18

innovation.png
innovation.png (532.97 KiB) Viewed 16844 times
Best Project or Innovation

Please send your nomination for Best Project or Innovation. What is the best keyboard released this year by the community or a company? What's the most sophisticated switch that has been developed? What the most interesting project the community has conceived?

- You have to give a short motivation for each suggestion.

- You cannot nominate your own relics or discoveries.

Sponsored by

depletedvespene

15 Nov 2018, 18:24

I'd like to nominate Afferscheim's homemade keypad (with a knob). It's not every day that rotating knobs are integrated in such an elegant manner to a numpad or a keyboard (and as a first build, to boot!).

hansichen

15 Nov 2018, 18:51

The DMA Common Sense Controller.
Model F/Beamspring: workshop-f7/commonsense-controller-bett ... 13988.html
Topre: workshop-f7/topsense-better-capsense-no ... 19550.html
Bluetooth Model F: workshop-f7/commonsense-controller-bett ... ml#p407422

While already being nominated next year I think it deserves another nomination. The inclusion of bluetooth (bluetooth model F and beamspring) and the topre controller makes it worth it for this year. Also DMA's dedication to the project (while sadly nearly nobody uses it cause custom Topre and Model F boards are really a thing) and support for people that test and use it (eg adding support for the beamship within a day) is exceptional.

davkol

15 Nov 2018, 20:58

1. Hyper 7 build by jae-3soteric (hopefully it's the right category here)

It's *HUGE*. Does it need more than a picture?

2. Bucis' gaming keypad.

Because it's a very nicely polished, innovative project that's more of a glove-like input device rather than yet another keypad.

chuckdee

15 Nov 2018, 22:09

depletedvespene wrote: I'd like to nominate Afferscheim's homemade keypad (with a knob). It's not every day that rotating knobs are integrated in such an elegant manner to a numpad or a keyboard (and as a first build, to boot!).
I'd like to second that nomination. That was the first project I was looking for in this category.

And though it was never posted here, I'd like to second the nomination for @Bucis on GH for his amazing gamepad

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=93039.0;topicseen

keyboards-f2/early-nomination-for-best- ... 17918.html

green-squid

16 Nov 2018, 14:06

I am also voting the DMA capsense project for 'Best Project' because he's bringing Beamsprings and terminal Model Fs back to the future. (sidenote, the Topre thing is cool too, but I don't care about Topre, already too expensive)

kekstee

16 Nov 2018, 16:32

I would like to nominate the UHKB
https://ultimatehackingkeyboard.com/

It has always been a cool project, and it turned into a super professional product which is open source:
Last edited by kekstee on 19 Nov 2018, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

17 Nov 2018, 17:53

Nominations so far:

- Afferscheim's homemade keypad (with a knob). It's not every day that rotating knobs are integrated in such an elegant manner to a numpad or a keyboard
- The DMA Common Sense Controller. While already being nominated last year I think it deserves another nomination. The inclusion of bluetooth (bluetooth model F and beamspring) and the topre controller makes it worth it for this year. Also DMA's dedication to the project is exceptional.
- Hyper 7 build by jae-3soteric... because it's... huge.
- Bucis' gaming keypad. Because it's a very nicely polished, innovative project that's more of a glove-like input device rather than yet another keypad.
- UHKB It has always been a cool project, and it turned into a super professional product:

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

17 Nov 2018, 18:58

I'd like to nominate sealclubber for his 3d printed mammoth (sb147). Everything was designed from scratch and opensourced. A huge undertaking and a truly unique project!

keyboards-f2/the-sb147-a-custom-made-2- ... 19951.html

JP!

20 Nov 2018, 19:25

snacksthecat wrote: I'd like to nominate sealclubber for his 3d printed mammoth (sb147). Everything was designed from scratch and opensourced. A huge undertaking and a truly unique project!

keyboards-f2/the-sb147-a-custom-made-2- ... 19951.html
this-has-my-seal-of-approval.jpg
this-has-my-seal-of-approval.jpg (82.36 KiB) Viewed 16493 times

Myoth

20 Nov 2018, 19:49

workshop-f7/the-blue-wave-t20017.html

Can't forget about this !!!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

24 Nov 2018, 09:44

To hopefully get more nominations (and since we are still negotiating with the sponsors) I'm extending the nomination phase till November 27.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

25 Nov 2018, 09:02

Nominations so far:

- Afferscheim's homemade keypad (with a knob). It's not every day that rotating knobs are integrated in such an elegant manner to a numpad or a keyboard
- The DMA Common Sense Controller. While already being nominated last year I think it deserves another nomination. The inclusion of bluetooth (bluetooth model F and beamspring) and the topre controller makes it worth it for this year. Also DMA's dedication to the project is exceptional.
- Hyper 7 build by jae-3soteric... because it's... huge.
- Bucis' gaming keypad. Because it's a very nicely polished, innovative project that's more of a glove-like input device rather than yet another keypad.
- UHKB It has always been a cool project, and it turned into a super professional product:
- sealclubber for his 3d printed mammoth (sb147). Everything was designed from scratch and opensourced. A huge undertaking and a truly unique project!

let me know if I missed something

Return to “Call for nominees”