Thanks for the smoothest DTA

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Dec 2018, 20:15

The DTA2018 are officially closed, in the coming hours I will make the official announcements with the winners and all that jazz. In the meantime thanks everybody for participating and for making this year's event the smoothest, drama free DTA.

Now let's see who won those damned prizes.

JP!

03 Dec 2018, 21:32

matt3o wrote: ...making this year's event the smoothest, drama free DTA.
:o

Muirium
µ

03 Dec 2018, 22:22

Notably: Jae’s Hyper 7 runner up spot in the hotly contested Innovation catgeohory got MORE VOTES than any other category’s winner. (Some of those were blowouts; the closest was Cherry double shots landslide win in best caps.) A remarkable achievement.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

03 Dec 2018, 23:12

Thanks matt3o for running this. I said it before and I want to say it again. Maybe this scaled down version of the DTA could be the beginning of something great and new.

As much as some of you veterans like to hold on to it but I would really like to suggest one more time to let go of the wingnut as the DTA price because it's REAL MONEY value has absolutely spiraled out of proportion adding an unnecessary amount of leverage to the drama potential.

Turn this into an honorary award for those who care about earning a title more than they care about earning an artisan.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Dec 2018, 23:33

I actually agree @Wodan

hansichen

03 Dec 2018, 23:36

I have to agree as well. I had my doubts when I heard that DTA will return but the scaled down version was nice and I enjoyed it. Thanks for organizing this year's DTA matt3o!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

04 Dec 2018, 06:34

I agree with everything that has been written in this thread.

andrewjoy

04 Dec 2018, 15:37

Wodan wrote: Thanks matt3o for running this. I said it before and I want to say it again. Maybe this scaled down version of the DTA could be the beginning of something great and new.

As much as some of you veterans like to hold on to it but I would really like to suggest one more time to let go of the wingnut as the DTA price because it's REAL MONEY value has absolutely spiraled out of proportion adding an unnecessary amount of leverage to the drama potential.

Turn this into an honorary award for those who care about earning a title more than they care about earning an artisan.

This is why we should put serial number on them, then we can name and shame whoever is selling them!

Or we need to find a way to make them self destruct when you sell them!

codemonkeymike

04 Dec 2018, 16:01

IMO the only thing that should really have an award is "Best find or relic" and "Best project or innovation"

Aer Fixus

04 Dec 2018, 20:26

I find physical artifacts meaningful. In an undetermined period of time I'll stumble across a possession of mine that I had long forgotten about and it will prompt memories that I'll be able to continue cherishing in an instance that I would not have otherwise recalled them. That said, the physical form of artifact does not matter as much as the presence of the item itself.

For instance, if the award arts had been printed on a real dot matrix printer, I'd love to frame it and hang it on my wall.

P.S. Great thanks to Matt3o for hosting this year's DTA.

Nivlom_Drol-

04 Dec 2018, 21:14

Nice i hope i win something
hehe

Return to “DTA News”