Eiiti Wada
6%

Total votes: 97

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 Nov 2018, 09:29

The Deskthority Award

Sponsored by

Vote for a chance to win a Cooler Master SK630.

Final vote!
This is the final vote for the Deskthority Award. This is the main award and "super category," so anything goes. You can suggest a keyboard, company, keycap set, person, etc. It can be something or someone already nominated in another category as well. What has been extra special this year? Who earns the Golden Wingnut?

You can change your vote at any time up until 2018-12-03 19:00:00. Contrary to previous DTA editions, this is the final vote, there is no "vote for nominee" phase.

The nominees are

Yuk Tsi's TGR

TGR has consistently brought out high quality custom keyboard kits, and continues to push the limits of keyboard design. The TGR Alice in particular is a pinnacle of keyboard design, and I believe it deserves special recognition.

-----------------------

Wilba

Wilba for making top quality PCB's, as seen in RAMA products and the recent Verne TKL by Zambumon

-----------------------

QMK Firmware

QMK for maintaining and supporting the QMK Firmware base - one of the easiest and powerful firmwares.

-----------------------

elecplus

elecplus for saving so many keyboards and giving fair prices for them.

-----------------------

Findecanor

Findecanor for steadily contributing to the wiki

-----------------------

iMav

iMav for having founded Geekhack and held out managing it until this year.

-----------------------

orihalcon

Orihalcon. He has always been really helpful when looking for random ass parts. He also sells those great cables and keeps them in stock for the most part and always has great fair prices.

-----------------------

NovelKeys

NovelKeys. Mike is a really stand up guy, and trying to do things for the community, even when they are difficult. He was one of the retailers involved in the Box fiasco, and immediately stopped sales and then took the hit on discounting them after Kailh wouldn't make things right, instead of just trying to offload stock as corrected as some others did.

-----------------------

clickclack

clickclack. The first artisan keycap maker avant la lettre, he inspired a whole new scene.

-----------------------

Eiiti Wada

Eiiti Wada. For basically being the pioneer of professional 60% keyboards.

Chyros

28 Nov 2018, 10:19

Very difficult one, this! I'm voting for Cindy :) .

Findecanor

28 Nov 2018, 11:08

My name does not belong together with these. I have not done anything worthy of recognition (yet..)
I'm afraid that the poll would be reset if it is edited. Please don't vote until the "Findecanor" entry has been removed.
Last edited by Findecanor on 28 Nov 2018, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 Nov 2018, 11:18

Findecanor wrote: My name does not belong together with these. I have not done anything worthy of recognition (yet..)
I'm afraid that the poll would be reset if it is edited. Please don't vote until the "Findecanor" entry has been removed.
you can't be un-nominated. I tried many times in the past. Nobody listened. Now it's your turn. The only way to be excluded is by organizing the DT Awards.

enjoy your nomination!

ZedTheMan

28 Nov 2018, 18:13

Ugh, this is a hard one. I think I'm going for NovelKeys.

Nothing but respect for Mike's work.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

29 Nov 2018, 08:16

Cindy is so overdue for a DTA

Khers

29 Nov 2018, 08:20

Wodan wrote: Cindy is so overdue for a DTA
+1

matt3o
-[°_°]-

29 Nov 2018, 08:27

actually she is also a sponsor, so I don't know if she should be here. but this year is the wild edition, so I guess it's okay.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

29 Nov 2018, 08:41

matt3o wrote: actually she is also a sponsor, so I don't know if she should be here. but this year is the wild edition, so I guess it's okay.
Oh yeah we‘re really bending the rules here. Back in the good old days, such good deeds would not go unpunished. This non-anal version of the DTA this year are really the best edition I have seen. No brown nosing the popular kids and less stupid rules, many DT relevant nominees.

This could be a new start, seriously. Thanks matt3o

Inb4 someone starts a reddit campaign for his nomination again and „we“ don‘t even ask for lube.

Muirium
µ

30 Nov 2018, 13:03

Voted for Fin, because he squirms so much!

JBert

02 Dec 2018, 15:31

Voting for clickclack: trolling the artisan market since 2010.

wobbled

02 Dec 2018, 17:12

Cindy is the obvious choice here

Nivlom_Drol-

03 Dec 2018, 00:24

I'm voting for Mr.Nobody.

Nivlom_Drol-

03 Dec 2018, 00:25

Ok srsly tho I will vote for Orihalcon that guy is beastly.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

03 Dec 2018, 01:51

Maybe next year I'll start re-indexing my collection in September and start posting photos. :evilgeek:

Didn't have a chance to do anything keyboard related this year between kid #3 and day job. :roll:

I voted for elecplus. You should too. :P

depletedvespene

03 Dec 2018, 02:40

Who says I didn't? :)

Hak Foo

03 Dec 2018, 05:27

As much as the final days of his adminstration may be controversial, iMav was instrumental in forming the keyboard hobby as we know it. I wonder if there would be a Deskthority without Geekhack, or if it would be as vibrant without the regular crises over there causing sudden rushes of users here?

Return to “Final Vote”