中文?

Daniel Beardsmore

08 Mar 2013, 21:43

I got this picture from Hua-Jie earlier:
Hua-Jie switches.png
Hua-Jie switches.png (514.09 KiB) Viewed 33509 times
No idea what any of it says — Chinese is too complicated to OCR at normal resolution.

webwit
Wild Duck

09 Mar 2013, 02:30

I once used this to solve a captcha in Chinese:
http://www.chinese-tools.com/tools/mouse.html

It works really bad.

Daniel Beardsmore

09 Mar 2013, 02:36

Java? I'd rather bathe in my own bile ;-)

webwit
Wild Duck

09 Mar 2013, 03:10

Awww, a Chinese Java web app. What can possibly go wrong?

Topre Enthusiast

09 Mar 2013, 03:21

Line 1:
主体插静触片槽大
大片可动片局部刷金
1、型号 : AK-CN2
(汉元原規格品)

Line 2:
大片静触片局部刷金

Line 3:
主体插静触片槽小
大片可動片局部刷金
2、型号 : AK-CN2 (2)
代表镀金
(新产品)

Line 4:
小片静触整个镀金
响声片
3、型号 : AK- D N2 (2)
代表无响声片

Topre Enthusiast

09 Mar 2013, 03:30

Come at me, China! I'm behind seven ploxies.
Spoiler:
just kidding, please don't

Daniel Beardsmore

09 Mar 2013, 03:35

Thanks. It doesn't translate very well, but it doesn't appear to contain much info besides what the photos already show. One of the lines does come out as "new design". I don't know what the gilding is — I can't believe that they gold-plate the whole contact!

As for Java, it's a nasty virus vector. Maybe if Oracle ever get automatic updating going … or even an updater that understands UAC …

Daniel Beardsmore

09 Mar 2013, 03:50

Interesting. The image gives Hanyuan as "汉元", but Himake's old spec sheet gives it as "漢元". (漢元電機股份有限公司 — Han Yuan Electric Co., Ltd.)

Turns out, the image above is using a Chinese Simplified character :)

Daniel Beardsmore

06 Aug 2013, 23:09

Last but one post on this page: http://kbtalking.cool3c.com/article/8366?page=2

如果你詳細註明來源與出處及原始來源網頁,引用至WiKi~~這是可以的

I'd just like to confirm that Alps.tw is granting us permission to use his photos on our wiki. Machine translations are coming back with things like "If you specify the source and the source and the original source page, references to WiKi~~ this can be", which isn't quite precise enough (since I don't know what sort of garbage Chinese I was giving him from Google Translate!)

deskTH

27 Sep 2013, 11:49

:lol: Hi everyone,

I'm Chinese, 我是中国人

Muirium
µ

27 Sep 2013, 11:58

Cool! Daniel could really use your help.

deskTH

29 Sep 2013, 11:00

wowo, seems that you guys are talking about a very complicated thing, what can I do for your guys?? worlds before that, I'm a fresh for mech board /)

Topre Enthusiast

29 Sep 2013, 11:06

I think Daniel already confirmed with Alps.tw that we can use his images on the DT wiki; so unless Dan has some other request, I think we're good for now :)

Daniel Beardsmore

29 Sep 2013, 13:35

There's no end of things that need translating from other languages into English; Chinese and Japanese in particular.

ssk

13 Nov 2013, 04:58

中国人飘过

mech greenhand

02 Jan 2014, 03:58

中国人, :lol:

Daniel Beardsmore

21 Jul 2014, 09:47

OK, here's a couple of challenges for Chinese speakers:

1) Find out whose switches Ortek bought. One company should be Alps Electric of Japan (for the SX models of their keyboards), and the FX models used switches from a different manufacturer. I've had no luck contacting them in English, but a Chinese speaker might fare better. Any switch part numbers are a bonus :)

2) Find out from Wong's Electronics (WEC) who AWC were. AWC made keyboards for Acorn and Atari in the 80s, and were described as "WONGS" in a contemporary catalogue, so I'm guessing that AWC were a subsidiary of, or maybe even an older name for, WEC. AWC have vanished from the earth. Wong's are in Hong Kong.

Topre Enthusiast

21 Jul 2014, 09:56

I actually have one of those shitty Ortek keyboards.
Would it help if I disassembled a switch and posted some pics or do we already have that info and you need confirmation from a direct source?

Daniel Beardsmore

21 Jul 2014, 22:06

Yeah we know what the switches look like, but not who made them. I just want a bit of backup, that's all, to my theory that they all came from Himake (now part of Hua-Jie Group) and really this needs a Chinese speaker who can apply persuasion the way I cannot.

I feel that I went out on a limb by declaring Monterey switches to be genuine SMK, but I had confirmation from both Chicony and Monterey, and further evidence has strengthened this greatly (including a fully SMK-branded Apple keyboard). Monterey gave me the name Hua-Jie, and Chicony rarely if ever used Alps clones (but they did give me the name of the Cherry MX clone maker they used, the first and so far only such vintage company to be identified).

Daniel Beardsmore

21 Jul 2014, 23:13

http://kbtalking.cool3c.com/article/8366?page=4

I can't respond to most of what he writes as Google Translate and Bing Translate are too unreliable (I get the gyst only), and I don't have a Chinese translation sidekick. However, I would like to check two things before I reply.

a) "左邊我暫定為OA1 ......右邊暫定為OA2" — essentially, he's saying that OA1 is on the left, and OA2 is on the right? (This was my assumption, but it's hard to tell from his topic, and it's so frigging hard to communicate via Google Translate with the guy.)

b) "拍攝正反面,,,與拍攝角度不同吧" — what the …? I get "Shooting positive and negative, with different shooting angle bars" (Google) or "Shooting back, and, shooting from different angles" (Bing) and both are too vague to understand. Sandy's vanished again, which is a pain as, being Japanese, he's able to understand Chinese keyboard terms better than I can due to the overlap in character usage with Japanese.

(I plan to enquire with alps.tw whether we can add T10 for my new discovery, and whether the T1+LED should be T1 or T11, but I'm stuck until I can understand his shooting angle bars response to KSB-LE.)

Daniel Beardsmore

26 Jul 2014, 19:47

Anyone able to translate the above?

Topre Enthusiast

27 Jul 2014, 01:34

Maybe tinnie can help? I'll direct him to this thread.

Daniel Beardsmore

04 Aug 2014, 09:26

Oh dear.

Topre Enthusiast

04 Aug 2014, 09:34

Scary thought, I know. I did tell him but he is not feeling up to it at the moment.
I tried :)

Daniel Beardsmore

04 Aug 2014, 09:47

I figured there would be a few people here who know Chinese better than Google Translate. I am disappoint.

Daniel Beardsmore

07 Dec 2014, 18:58

I assume that the odds of getting this page translated is sub-zero?

http://kbtalking.cool3c.com/article/18452

Google Translate has such gems as "no fixed sizzling fat feet" that are completely meaningless.

I think "sense of the paragraph" means "tactile point", but I'm never sure, especially with sentences like this one:

"Spring 13.7m m 4m m diameter pressure trigger signal when the number of grams of paragraphs 63 to 65 grams of sound occurs 65 to 67"

I assume he's saying that the tactile point is just before 65 g, and the click occurs separately just after 65 g, but I can't prove that actuation isn't covered by this as it's just guesswork from reading various other mistranslated sentences on other pages.

I'm still not sure what name to use for this series of switches. I'm suspecting that the whole page represents Aristotle switches, but for now I'd rather document them separately. alps.tw refers to them as "TW" switches (Taiwan white axis) except since lots of them have black sliders, I can't tell what term he has for both sorts.

It's just so frustrating having such a divide between the English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean-speaking communities, and none of them have anything like our wiki either. I tried contacting a Korean chap about photos he took of brown Alps switches with typical tactile leaves (instead of their characteristic ones) — I have no idea if they're real or mix-and-match, source keyboard, anything. As expected, no reply. That's one reason for being so insistent on the quality of the wiki.

elecplus

07 Dec 2014, 19:18

I have sent the page in question to one of my recycle buddies who is Chinese, to see if he will translate for me. He is one of the fellows who lets me scrounge thru his warehouse :-)

Maybe I can help get something contributed, since everyone here has been so helpful to me.

Daniel Beardsmore

07 Dec 2014, 20:02

Thanks … hopefully his grasp of keyboard jargon is sufficient.

Daniel Beardsmore

30 Dec 2014, 02:46

Well, I've put up a basic page: [wiki]Taiwan white and black shaft[/wiki]

I can't even get a good translation of the title of the KBtalKing article, let alone the contents, so I've written most of what I know for certain and will leave someone else to complete the translation work.

faycheung

24 Jul 2015, 12:20

大家好,我係香港人,講緊廣東話口語。 :D 我而家喺澳洲讀高中,應該唔會反香港。死火,開始唔記得點寫中文添。

Return to “Other languages”