Language help for ebay.de

mbodrov

16 Mar 2013, 15:02

Can one of our German-speaking members please help me to translate a few phrases? I need to talk to a seller on ebay.de about an item that should have arrived by now, and is probably lost.

Acanthophis

16 Mar 2013, 15:28

Shoot me a PM or reply here.

mbodrov

16 Mar 2013, 17:44

Thanks. I'll use this thread, because I think it may be useful for all foreign buyers on ebay.de.

So how do you say this in German:

"The item (link) was marked as shipped on 28 Dec 2012, but still hasn't arrived. Even for this country's postal system, this is a bit slow, so I fear it may be lost."

ne0phyte
Toast.

16 Mar 2013, 18:25

Der Artikel (link) wurde am 28. Dez. 2012 als verschickt markiert, aber ist noch immer nicht angekommen. Selbst für das Postsystem meines Landes ist das etwas langsam und ich befürchte, dass das Paket verloren gegangen sein könnte.

Bullveyr

16 Mar 2013, 20:24

I can confirm that this is a correct translation and that ne0phyte isn't screwing with you. :D

ne0phyte
Toast.

16 Mar 2013, 20:25

Bullveyr wrote:I can confirm that this is a correct translation and that ne0phyte isn't screwing with you. :D
If I wanted to screw with him I would have sent him something via PM :lol:

Acanthophis

16 Mar 2013, 21:51

Selbst für die russische Post ist das etwas langsam und ich befürchte, [...]
FTFY.

I translated "Even for this country's postal system" with "Even for the Russian post [Russian postal service]" because from a German perspective she/he assumes the Russian postal service is crap. By emphasis on the word "Russian" he grasps the context of the passed time better.

But ne0's literal translation is fine, I just germanised your English. :lol:

If you need further help when he replies, well, you know where to find us :D

ne0phyte
Toast.

16 Mar 2013, 22:28

I thought about writing it that way but I decided to translate it more or less 1:1.
Either way works, yours sounds more natural tho' :P

mbodrov

25 Mar 2013, 17:16

The seller was responsible enough to send me a refund. I want to thank him:

"I got your refund, appreciate it. Although very rare, delivery times of 4 or 5 months are not unheard of, so if the item does arrive, I'll be sure to pay you again."

ne0phyte
Toast.

25 Mar 2013, 17:24

Vielen Dank, ich habe die Rückerstattung erhalten. Auch wenn es sehr selten vorkommt, sind Lieferzeiten von 4 oder 5 Monaten hier nichts Neues. Sollte das Paket also doch noch irgendwann ankommen, werde ich Sie auf jeden Fall wieder bezahlen.

mbodrov

25 Mar 2013, 17:55

And thank you too, Acanthopis and ne0phypte. Lastly, how do I write the positive feedback: "Item lost in mail, but responsible seller issued refund."

Acanthophis

25 Mar 2013, 18:07

Artikel ist auf dem Postweg verschollen, doch der ehrliche (=honest. Couldn't come up with a German word for responsible which fit into context and meaning.) Verkäufer leistete eine Rückerstattung.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

25 Mar 2013, 19:04

Acanthophis wrote:Artikel ist auf dem Postweg verschollen, doch der ehrliche (=honest. Couldn't come up with a German word for responsible which fit into context and meaning.) Verkäufer leistete eine Rückerstattung.
You must restrict the answer to 80 characters :mrgreen:

Acanthophis

25 Mar 2013, 19:24

Artikel auf dem Postweg verschollen, doch Rückerstattung durch den Verkäufer.

Less than 80 characters now. Had to get rid of the 'responsible'.

Return to “Diskussionen auf Deutsch”