Terminal Model M 122 key + Monitor

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

25 Jan 2015, 12:00

Einmal ziemlich günstig aus ebay Kauf (für ein anderes DT Mitglied getätigt, da besteht allerdings kein Bedarf mehr) weiterzugeben, 22,55€ inkl. Versand innerhalb Deutschlands. Falls jemand aus der Region Mainz ist, und die Combo abholen kann, sogar noch günstiger. Das Angebot gilt nur heute und maximal morgen , da ich spätestens übermorgen die Zahlung tätigen, und dabei dann auch die Lieferadresse angeben muss.

Screen und Keyboard entsprechen ziemlich genau diesem Bild: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... bm3486.jpg

idollar
i$

25 Jan 2015, 13:18

Guk. I will take it. Read the PM that I have sent you.

idollar
i$

31 Jan 2015, 17:46

I got it today. The guy has 4 more. 20 euros each he told me ...

scottc

31 Jan 2015, 18:21

Nice! I'd love a set of caps off of one but I wouldn't want to leave it naked.

idollar
i$

31 Jan 2015, 19:49

scottc wrote: Nice! I'd love a set of caps off of one but I wouldn't want to leave it naked.
We could get one and use the rest of the keyboard for spares . These will be a lot of springs and flippers.
If you are interested we could share the cost. I have no interest at all in the caps. I use ANSI US.
I could pick it up (I live in 50kms away) and post you the caps only.

i$

scottc

31 Jan 2015, 20:57

That would be great - I'll PM you. Let's try to see if anyone else would be interested in others to make it worth your while to go. Thanks!

idollar
i$

31 Jan 2015, 21:08

The space bar is yellowish. Have you ever to retr0bright pasltic ? I am doing it right now. It takes some time but it works.

scottc

31 Jan 2015, 21:11

Spacebars are no problem - I've got lots of spares. I just want the interesting and unusual terminal keycaps. I've never retr0brighted anything, thankfully I've never really had a need to.

Are the keycaps with German text or English? I don't really have a need for German-language keycaps but the English ones would be just what I'm looking for.

idollar
i$

31 Jan 2015, 21:15

Scott,

Please help me.

I would not mind to clean the keyboards and sell them to the dt members. Actually, doing it relaxes me.
How much would you pay for the keyboard cleaned and Soarer's converted ?
If the keyboard is 20 and the controller cost additional 20 it should not go below 50 eur. I would say that my time cost other 50.

Is the keyboard USB converted worthing 100eurs + shipping ?

i$

idollar
i$

31 Jan 2015, 21:16

scottc wrote: Are the keycaps with German text or English? I don't really have a need for German-language keycaps but the English ones would be just what I'm looking for.
They are ISO DE :-(

scottc

31 Jan 2015, 21:21

Oh, that's a shame. I'm sorry about that but I suppose they would be no use to me then. :(

I'm afraid that I don't think a converted keyboard would sell for 100 euro plus shipping since the IBM 122s aren't very sought after.

vsev

31 Jan 2015, 21:28

Maybe for spare shits as springs, case, pcb, barrels board, caps ( not printed ones) ..
20€ is quite a nice price ?

idollar
i$

31 Jan 2015, 21:31

scottc wrote: Oh, that's a shame. I'm sorry about that but I suppose they would be no use to me then. :(
I'm afraid that I don't think a converted keyboard would sell for 100 euro plus shipping since the IBM 122s aren't very sought after.
Thant's my guess also. I have posted a [FS] message in the Marketplace anyhow.
I think that the buyer and I could donate 50% of my time to the forum (25eur).
Let's see what happens. I will not be making money from this. The price of the diesel would be more than 25 :-(

scottc

31 Jan 2015, 21:43

What vsev said: they could be very useful for parts, at least.

Muirium
µ

31 Jan 2015, 21:48

Yup. I'm all good for ISO caps (ANSI caps are my preference too), and M bits in general. 100 Euro is unrealistic for a 122 key M in any condition, mind. Model F 122s would be a different story!

idollar
i$

31 Jan 2015, 22:04

Muirium wrote: Yup. I'm all good for ISO caps (ANSI caps are my preference too), and M bits in general. 100 Euro is unrealistic for a 122 key M in any condition, mind. Model F 122s would be a different story!
OK. I tried and failed :-)
I have deleted the [FS] post as it seems that this idea of rescuing the M 122 will not work :cry:

Arakula

07 Feb 2015, 10:51

I'm a bit unclear about the current state of affairs. i$, dou you have the 4, or are they still at the seller's, or are they gone? If still at the seller's, do you have a contact address?

idollar
i$

07 Feb 2015, 17:09

Hello Arakula,

The situation is as follows:

I have transformed one of these M122-DE into a Soarer's keyboard. In the process I have cleaned each and every keycap by hand, cleaned the case and replaced the COTS cable with a nice USB cable. Cost of the process without my time is approx 60eur. Guk and I are preparing to offer it in ebay starting from costs to see how it goes. I will in any case donate the 50% that I promised to the forum.

Here are the pictures that we have prepared:
DSC_9555.jpg
DSC_9555.jpg (340.79 KiB) Viewed 5417 times
DSC_9543.jpg
DSC_9543.jpg (389.93 KiB) Viewed 5417 times
DSC_9544.jpg
DSC_9544.jpg (406.95 KiB) Viewed 5417 times
DSC_9545.jpg
DSC_9545.jpg (412.34 KiB) Viewed 5417 times
DSC_9558.jpg
DSC_9558.jpg (188.98 KiB) Viewed 5417 times
DSC_9559.jpg
DSC_9559.jpg (76 KiB) Viewed 5417 times
If you like it and the price is fine with you, make an offer (above 60eur). 50% of the excess from 60 will go to the forum pot. With the other 50% you will be contributing to my next DT project. On top you have to add the shipping (6 eurs in Germany DHL ?)

If you want to have one for 20 euros, without converter, dirty and non tested ( ;-) ) let me know. I am thinking of making an offer to the seller and buy all his stock. You will get one under the conditions above and the real price. If you decide to contribute to the diesel of my car :-P , 50% of any excess of the real price will go to the forum, 50% to my next project. But if you do not mind, I would like to see first how the auction goes in ebay.

If you still have questions, simply ask.

Cheers

i$

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

07 Feb 2015, 20:20

very nice work i$. Anyone looking for a Model M 122 should buy this. If I did not allready have my 1389278 I would get this!

Arakula

08 Feb 2015, 07:44

idollar wrote: If you want to have one for 20 euros, without converter, dirty and non tested ( ;-) ) let me know.
That would be my general idea, yes, as for some bizarre reason I can't really find out I, too, find it fun and relaxing to take these things apart and augment them, as we both know ;)
3M122.jpg
3M122.jpg (137.4 KiB) Viewed 5366 times
... still not completely finished, as you can see. Since I took this photo, I've added original "Esc" caps, and my prototype (the one with the hand-printed LED overlay) now has "Strg" instead of "Grdst" and "Daten Freigabe"; I'm still hunting for 3 more "Strg" caps to complete that, and for the LED overlays.

... so another one might be nice, if only to improve my skills in that area. But not one that's already been modified.

BTW, one of my 3 has lost the two little rubber feet on the underside - do you have any idea how to replace these?
idollar wrote: But if you do not mind, I would like to see first how the auction goes in ebay.
Absolutely fine with me.

Oh, and - really nice work you've done.

idollar
i$

09 Feb 2015, 18:04

Arakula,

We have to do something with your yellow space bars,
If we manage to get this keyboard for 20euros you will get a bottle of H2O2 with it :-)

Return to “Diskussionen auf Deutsch”