Problem Report: Not getting email notifications

thefarside

07 Jun 2022, 14:01

I’ve stopped getting email notifications. Is there a way to reset or fix that? Looking at my profile I don’t see any setting for turning on and off notifications.

Thanks!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Jun 2022, 16:00

User control panel > Board preferences > Edit notification options

thefarside

07 Jun 2022, 17:48

Thanks I checked those settings and everything is enabled and has been since I created my account. Below is a screen shot.
BE3C3188-80A3-4777-BE1B-45A4E60EB4B1.png
BE3C3188-80A3-4777-BE1B-45A4E60EB4B1.png (504.85 KiB) Viewed 2618 times

jsheradin

07 Jun 2022, 18:29

Try checking your spam folder. It's possible your email provider decided to start flagging them as spam.

thefarside

07 Jun 2022, 21:53

jsheradin wrote:
07 Jun 2022, 18:29
Try checking your spam folder. It's possible your email provider decided to start flagging them as spam.
I’ve been checking that too and nothing from there. This has been happening for a while where I occasionally stop getting email notifications and I have to unsubscribe and resubscribe in the thread but that no longer works. Strange… :?:

doomsday_device

07 Jun 2022, 22:19

same issue here :)

thefarside

09 Jun 2022, 14:56

I fixed it! I don’t know which step resolved the issue but here’s what I did:
1) Went into my profile settings and unchecked all notification options and saved the changes.
2) Went into my profile settings and enabled all notification options and saved the changes.
3) Changed my profile email address to a different email - this worked and I started getting emails to the new address.
4) Changed my profile email address back to my original email.
5) Went into gmail and marked mech@deskthority.net as “Not Spam”.

I’m now getting emails again and hope this helps and works for anyone else with issues!

thefarside

10 Jun 2022, 11:59

I spoke to soon. I got a registration email but still didn’t get any thread notification emails until I changed it back to my non-gmail email address. Is working now as long as I use my other email. I’m not sure why emails to gmail aren’t coming through as I’m not seeing anything in my spam or junk folders.

doomsday_device

17 Jul 2022, 21:15

the issue still persists and it seems people with gmail account cant make accounts here anymore.

thefarside

17 Jul 2022, 22:33

Sorry to hear that. Since my post I’ve switched to a non-Gmail account and things are working, but none of my attempts using Gmail have worked so far. Not sure why Gmail has a problem :?:

doomsday_device

30 Aug 2022, 17:24

months later issue is still unfixed.

Muirium
µ

30 Aug 2022, 23:15

Indeed. I don’t reliably get them either. Bugger all us mods can do about it, though. Like the headers carousel, this one’s in the sysop’s hands. While the tumbleweed blows…

wobbled

30 Aug 2022, 23:40

Muirium wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 23:15
Indeed. I don’t reliably get them either. Bugger all us mods can do about it, though. Like the headers carousel, this one’s in the sysop’s hands. While the tumbleweed blows…
Do you guys have regular contact with our supreme overlord?

Ellipse

31 Aug 2022, 19:43

Someone seems to suggest a fix for the issue of emails not going through on their side; Deskthority IT admins need to fix something on their end - below is a copy of what was sent to me.

I had the same issue with gmail (no emails from DT went through, not even to to the junk folder) and had to switch my DT email to a non-gmail account.

"It looks like the
deskthority mails are slightly misconfigured at the moment, it's announcing
itself as "mech.deskthority.net" which isn't a resolvable DNS name:

warning: hostname mech.deskthority.net does not resolve to address
(IP redacted): Name or service not known
NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[IP redacted]: 450 4.7.1
<mech.deskthority.net>: Helo command rejected: Host not found; from=<no-
reply@deskthority.net> to=<redacted@redacted.com> proto=ESMTP
helo=<mech.deskthority.net>

A lot of email servers will reject that by default, I can whitelist my end no
worries and that should sort the problem for me (done, aaand there we go
emails arrive) but should be an easy fix. Could explain why some mail services