Delete my account

pcunite

17 Mar 2017, 22:12

Hello,
I don't use this forum (cool discussions, however). So, please delete my account.

Thank you and take care.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

17 Mar 2017, 22:24

Welcome and goodbye. How efficient. Possibly this is what I should have done.
Wow.

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

18 Mar 2017, 17:48

seebart wrote:Welcome and goodbye. How efficient. Possibly this is what I should have done.
I definitely could have saved a lot of money by doing that. :P

rsbseb
-Horned Rabbit-

18 Mar 2017, 18:17

Techno Trousers wrote:
seebart wrote:Welcome and goodbye. How efficient. Possibly this is what I should have done.
Same here

seebart

18 Mar 2017, 18:24

Techno Trousers wrote:
I don't believe it would have worked that way for me, then I would have choosen GH and tolerated the eye cancer theme.

chuckdee

18 Mar 2017, 20:04

seebart wrote:
Techno Trousers wrote:
I don't believe it would have worked that way for me, then I would have choosen GH and tolerated the eye cancer theme.
You know that you can change that in your profile, right?

cml

18 Mar 2017, 20:06

seebart wrote:
Techno Trousers wrote:
... and tolerated the eye cancer theme.
you mean the dark theme? It's one of the few things, if not the only one, that I like of GH.

The white DT theme is too bright on my eyes.

chuckdee

18 Mar 2017, 20:57

cml wrote:
seebart wrote: ... and tolerated the eye cancer theme.
you mean the dark theme? It's one of the few things, if not the only one, that I like of GH.

Agreed. I use a 'solarized' theme on GH, and it feels a lot better.

Ratfink

18 Mar 2017, 21:26

cml wrote: The white DT theme is too bright on my eyes.
Turn down your monitor's brightness, then. ;)

seebart

18 Mar 2017, 21:44

cml wrote: you mean the dark theme? It's one of the few things, if not the only one, that I like of GH.

A child of the darkness. :evilgeek:

Daniel Beardsmore

18 Mar 2017, 22:09

I don't know what Microsoft have against custom colour schemes. Windows 10 Creators Update finally exposes custom accents to the user (which Winaero Tweaker has done for ages) but it's still impossible to instruct Windows to have the taskbar be a dark colour and title bars be a bright colour. This is possible in the Registry but the Anniversary Update wipes this change on every login (but doesn't wipe the hidden custom inactive title bar colour setting).

Windows 7 all the way back to 3 (and maybe older, but I never explored that much of Windows 2) were far more flexible, but there were always programs that didn't heed the system colours. I tried having pure black window backgrounds, but Photoshop 7 uses static black dialog control captions, so they all disappeared. Word frustratingly draws the whole page in the system window background shade, and draws the automatic text colour in the system control caption colour; I don't want Word to follow this scheme!

The strangest one was textured backgrounds in Mac OS 8 and 9. Classic Mac OS text selection was done by examining each pixel one by one and colouring any background pixel in the highlight colour. This was already broken by anti-aliasing, but a textured background (as used by some Appearance themes) totally broke text selection as few if any background pixels were still the window's official background colour. With no pixels to swap between the two colours, there was no highlight. The iCab web browser eventually implemented custom selections to deal with this, as websites with background images were similarly affected.

I don't recall ever using a GUI where you could theme it dependably and reliably, and although Windows had fairly good fine-grain control, that's all a distant memory now (although the theme engine is still used — I used a third-party theme in 8 and 8.1 to control title bar colours). There were some amazing themes for Mac OS X, but those were all hacks and I guess that died out.

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

19 Mar 2017, 06:41

Ha ha, Offtopicthority at its best. We went from "delete my account" to "Windows' color schemes suck" in just one page.

Biernot

24 Sep 2017, 20:33

Well, back to topic:

Could someone please delete my account?

Thank you.

seebart

24 Sep 2017, 20:45

Biernot wrote: Well, back to topic:

Could someone please delete my account?

Thank you.
"Someone" can't do that, PM matt3o if you have not done so yet.
hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg (67.03 KiB) Viewed 5722 times

Return to “Deskthority talk”