Marketplace regulation

Half-Saint

23 Mar 2017, 20:04

I'm surprised to find that after so many years the Marketplace is still completely unregulated at least as far as I can see.

The thing I find disturbing the most if that people are allowed to change post titles from "XY for sale" to "NOTHING" and similar. It would be beneficial to everybody, if deleting content and prices from threads wasn't allowed after sales.

What do you guys think?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

23 Mar 2017, 20:07

I totally agree with you. I know webwit is not a fan of regulations and likes to think the DT crowd is "above" the need for rules & regulations. There is some truth to both sides. This is a valid point to be raised.

webwit
Wild Duck

23 Mar 2017, 20:15

Users own their own posts, not other people.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

23 Mar 2017, 20:23

I usually move sold items into a spoiler but that's a manual task.
There's not been any general issues with the marketplace recently.
It's not nearly as busy here as the reddit mechmarket where insane regulations are enforced but a lot more shady stuff if going on. Most people her sell to friends ;)

emdude
Model M Apologist

23 Mar 2017, 20:50

I do this as well, I find it frustrating when I try to find old sold items (mostly to reference photos), only to see that they have been completely purged from their threads.

As far as marketplace regulations, I think the lack thereof is one of nicest things about DT. I imagine some members get their start here simply looking for a keyboard. I was one of them! I don't care for the intimidating rules on GH and r/MM. :geek:

Daniel Beardsmore

23 Mar 2017, 20:58

emdude wrote: I do this as well, I find it frustrating when I try to find old sold items (mostly to reference photos), only to see that they have been completely purged from their threads.
You're tackling the problem from the wrong end. The marketplace is not supposed to be our repository of photographs.

emdude
Model M Apologist

23 Mar 2017, 21:07

That's fair, but I've seen at least one instance where a member did not post any photos of an uncommon keyboard/keyset anywhere but in their FS thread. I was very disappointed when I tried to dig up that photo again and found that it was removed.

Return to “Deskthority talk”