The forum master went rogue

matt3o
-[°_°]-

16 Apr 2017, 11:16

I'm posting this under "deskthority talk" (instead of off topic) because I believe somehow influences the whole forum a little.

Short version
I'm moving to a new house, I'll be for a few months on a temporary location. Most of my stuff (notably a soldering iron) is stored and locked until I can move to the new place. During this transition I'm also on a metered LTE connection, so not super fast, not super stable, no 4k streaming videos.

I put most of the projects in stand by and slowly working on them one at the time (instead of all at once like I normally do :) ). Right now I'm finishing up the Hi-Profile PBT set. It will be ready in few days so I can move on possibly updating the forum software.

All this just to say that I'm at 20% capacity right now. I check almost every day and I follow what is happening but I don't have the time (and strength) to participate actively. In case of emergency I'm always available.

Regretfully this condition will persist for few more months.

Long version
The long version would be a mix between Lemony Sniket and Les Misarables. So I spare you that. I'll tell you about the dis-adventures of the forum master when everything will be solved, with a good cigar and a lot of beer.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

16 Apr 2017, 11:29

I knew this very well and I understand moving house is very time consuming, as the club master I still expect you to read my PM's while you do not need to answer them. It is of course obviously visible how much time you spend in what threads. I really do not intend to get on your nerves.
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (244.97 KiB) Viewed 4189 times
Last edited by seebart on 16 Apr 2017, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

16 Apr 2017, 16:09

matt3o wrote:
Long version
The long version would be a mix between Lemony Sniket and Les Misarables. So I spare you that. I'll tell you about the dis-adventures of the forum master when everything will be solved, with a good cigar and a lot of beer.
Please, I am interested in this version, I love a good story/drama.

rsbseb
-Horned Rabbit-

16 Apr 2017, 17:53

Moving sucks. I made a move in order to simply my obligations over a year ago so I could focus on recovery. Now that I'm back in the game of living I am now struggling with locating everything that was put into storage. I don't envy the pending stress of resettlement that lies ahead for you.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

16 Apr 2017, 18:30

Agreed. I know about moving and the work involved. No joke. There are positive aspects of course.

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

16 Apr 2017, 19:46

Sorry to hear about the tough times. I look forward to hearing about them once you're settled.

nevin

17 Apr 2017, 04:44

truly wish you the best

matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 Apr 2017, 11:11

vivalarevolución wrote: Please, I am interested in this version, I love a good story/drama.
that would probably require a book. Making it short.

The story begins almost a year ago when my father-in-law passed away. He never shared his financials and he left us in a bad spot. We ended up with some close-to-zero value properties thousands of km away from our place and a wife (my mother-in-law) which is barely functional and requires 24/7 care.

Around that time we were also looking for a new home and actually found one. We also had already a buyer for our (now ex-)home. Of course we had to pause the new-house situation until we solved the shit we were into... that took approx an year. We then tried to buy the house we liked. The buyer of our current house wanted to close the deal (she waited an year and started to get pissed), we already had a house to buy so we sold our home but due to a very "inexperienced" realtor we couldn't actually buy it (the house turned out not to be even for sale, we didn't lose money, so no lawyers involved but still bad situation).

So we moved to a temporary location (we stuffed 88mq of things in 34mq), we had another house we liked so we were still fine... This time we asked all the papers in advance and it turned out that due to some technicalities it cannot be sold right away, which means we have to wait until the city hall releases some red tape and gives permission.

That's pretty much it.

chuckdee

18 Apr 2017, 17:12

Sounds like a lot to deal with, on top of everything else. I wish you the best on getting the legalities straightened out.

A question for you. When you say 'went rogue', what do mean? That means different things to different people, so I wanted to clarify when/if you have a sec.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 Apr 2017, 17:22

LOL I didn't know it was "anal sex" :D (if you believe urbandictionary) BTW, this is what I mean:

"It means to stop following orders. It is often used in works of fiction when an operative stops carrying out his or her given orders, no longer adhere to protocol, and instead do something else out of their own volition.

Someone who acts independently and wayward from the usual group, generally acting in an outrageous or abnormal manner."

chuckdee

18 Apr 2017, 17:29

Sounds good! Thanks!

Return to “Deskthority talk”