Please implement a proper table on the forum

Myoth

16 Oct 2018, 18:24

The one on the wiki is very easy to use and intuitive, but the one on the forum is just so bad, I spent time trying to figure out how to convert normal BBcode tables to DT's BBcode, and I figured it out in the end, which leads me to : why is it using proprietary stuff ?

This is how easy it is to make a table using whichever site you can find that will generate a table for you in BBcode :

Code: Select all

[table]
[tr]
	[th]Item name[/th]
	[th]Pictures[/th]
	[th]Price[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
	[td]Item #1[/td]
	[td]Picture 1[/td]
	[td]Price X[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
	[td]Item #2[/td]
	[td]Picture 2[/td]
	[td]Price Y[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
This is what is needed to make the same table on Deskthority :

Code: Select all

[table border=1 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width=100% height=50px] [tr]  [td align=center valign=middle bordercolor=#666666 bgcolor=#ffffff]Item name[/td]  [td align=center valign=middle bordercolor=#666666 bgcolor=#ffffff]Pictures[/td]  [td align=center valign=middle bordercolor=#666666 bgcolor=#ffffff]Price[/td] [/tr] [tr]  [td align=center valign=middle bordercolor=#666666 bgcolor=#ffffff]Item #1[/td]  [td align=center valign=middle bordercolor=#666666 bgcolor=#ffffff]Picture 1[/td]  [td align=center valign=middle bordercolor=#666666 bgcolor=#ffffff]Price X[/td] [/tr] [tr]  [td align=center valign=middle bordercolor=#666666 bgcolor=#ffffff]Item #2[/td]  [td align=center valign=middle bordercolor=#666666 bgcolor=#ffffff]Picture 2[/td]  [td align=center valign=middle bordercolor=#666666 bgcolor=#ffffff]Price Y[/td] [/tr][/table]
This is horrible, horrifying, abnormal, you name it. So please, I beg of you, admins and whatnot, please implement a way to make easy tables, or jus simplify the current, just do something. And if you can't or that I'm asking for the moon, please explain why.

Noobmaen

19 Mar 2019, 20:13

bump

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Apr 2019, 20:26

Sorry this was in the wrong section so it slipped my radar.

We can't break backward compatibility, so I have to check how and if this is actually feasible, but I agree the current method is a bit too much verbose.

Return to “Deskthority talk”