Muirium
µ

10 Mar 2021, 20:19

kbdfr wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 17:48
Sorry to raise the issue again,
kbdfr wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 08:18
The spy appears to not include posts made in the "Other languages" section.
kbdfr wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 07:25
Obviously the spy function omits posts in the "Other languages" section.
I think it should not.
but is there a reason why the Spy view systematically omits the "Other languages" Section?
May I also suggest again that Search replaces either the News or My Posts tab on the main interface? I use search so much but those two never. And if people searched more, we’d all be better off as their questions would be in the right threads!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

11 Mar 2021, 11:02

Muirium wrote:
May I also suggest again that Search replaces either the News or My Posts tab on the main interface? I use search so much but those two never. And if people searched more, we’d all be better off as their questions would be in the right threads!
I'll have to wait for the new owner, I don't know what will be my position.

Muirium
µ

11 Mar 2021, 11:41

If our new Overlord is a search engine and inserts their branding into our UI, I'll be over in the corner eating my request with a side of poetic irony…

kbdfr
The Tiproman

11 Mar 2021, 16:12

matt3o wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 11:02
Muirium wrote:
I'll have to wait for the new owner, I don't know what will be my position.
@matt3o,
you answered (and selectively quoted) Muirium's suggestion made in the second part of his post,
while again ignoring (and selectively not quoting) my repeated question which he had himself quoted to begin with:
Muirium wrote:
kbdfr wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 17:48
Sorry to raise the issue again,
kbdfr wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 08:18
The spy appears to not include posts made in the "Other languages" section.
kbdfr wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 07:25
Obviously the spy function omits posts in the "Other languages" section.
I think it should not.
but is there a reason why the Spy view systematically omits the "Other languages" Section?
Am I less a DT member than Muirium?

Muirium
µ

11 Mar 2021, 17:19

I think what he’s actually saying is don’t expect any tweaks during the transition, because as things stand Matteo doesn’t know if he has authority to do so. My issue’s as unfixed as yours!

webwit
Wild Duck

11 Mar 2021, 17:23

viewtopic.php?p=434625#p434625

Probably because other users didn't want it.

Muirium
µ

11 Mar 2021, 17:34

Hey, I've nothing against it. I remember the Spy with Finnish and French threads as well as good old feisty German and it was all good. Certainly not an excuse to remove that useful forum wide overview from users of those languages.

The Spy’s pretty much a pro-user function anyway, for opinionated fogeys like yourself and Choc ‘n me to swoop on in as our interest allows.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

11 Mar 2021, 18:21

kbdfr wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 16:12
Am I less a DT member than Muirium?
I quoted him but it was meant for everybody. Consider it a status update.

The spy doesn't have other languages because I need to add an option to disable them (because otherwise people whine). But everything's on hold now.

Muirium
µ

20 Mar 2021, 00:02

New feature request, because I pay no attention!

A keyboard shortcut for Submit post, right in the post composition dialog. When you've a beamspring on your lap, that mouse feels far away…

I'm not actually sure browsers can do this, let alone phpBB, but Control something or another would be nice! Maybe even tell us about it in the tooltip for the button.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

20 Mar 2021, 08:09

Muirium wrote:
20 Mar 2021, 00:02
New feature request, because I pay no attention!

A keyboard shortcut for Submit post, right in the post composition dialog. When you've a beamspring on your lap, that mouse feels far away…

I'm not actually sure browsers can do this, let alone phpBB, but Control something or another would be nice! Maybe even tell us about it in the tooltip for the button.
Now there's a simple solution: while the cursor is in the message window, hit Tab twice and then Enter.

Muirium
µ

20 Mar 2021, 11:15

Tab tab… Nah, not on all browsers. Mine switches between the 3 text fields on the page (text composition, forum search and topic search) and the address bar.

Muirium
µ

21 Mar 2021, 13:11

Is it just me* or did the forum spy's layout just get worse?

Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 12.07.53 pm.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 12.07.53 pm.jpg (284.96 KiB) Viewed 10034 times
Stretching the window size, I see the right hand column stays much too wide. It finally shrinks and then collapses when the squeeze is extreme—responsive design, woo!—but at nice easy desktop sizes, it's wasting a whole lot of room on literal blankness.

That left column is where the information lies.

There's no userextraouttahandheyyouguysreallygottacheckoutmynamememymememenameme! type username further down the spy, to throw this out of whack. I checked!

*Probably just me. But I can't unsee it now…

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Mar 2021, 19:17

nothing changed there, it's probably your lonely browser

Muirium
µ

04 Apr 2021, 17:48

Spot the problem:
Muirium wrote:
04 Apr 2021, 17:37
Those aren’t resistors: they are diodes. Which means this keyboard ought to be [wiki]NKRO[/wiki], which is always a relief!
Searching DT Wiki for NKRO goes straight to:
wiki/Rollover,_blocking_and_ghosting#n-key_rollover

Is the [wiki] tag just broken/deprecated now? If so, better to delete its button form the web interface than leave it as a broken gotcha.

Findecanor

04 Apr 2021, 18:11

The wiki works as designed. "NKRO" in the Wiki is a redirect-page, i.e. it redirects to another article.

If you get redirected, there is a blurb at the top of the page right under the title with a link to the redirect, so that it can be found and edited if necessary.

There are lots of redirects in the Wiki. Many of them are for variations of a keyboard or switch into a longer article that describes the whole series. Others are for synonyms, such as "Enter key" ⇒ "Return key".
Last edited by Findecanor on 04 Apr 2021, 18:26, edited 2 times in total.

Muirium
µ

04 Apr 2021, 18:18

Any chance of a shorter NKRO page for newbs? (Linking of course to the full one.) The rollover article is huge, and will put off all but the hardiest on first sight!

Muirium
µ

12 Apr 2021, 09:58

Um…
Muirium wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 09:53
Indeed. The colours all clash. Likely [wiki]frankenboard[/wiki].

Mix enough things together, and whatever you get will be “literally unique.” Not to be confused with noteworthy, however. ;)
I’m trying. What am I doing wrong? The wiki article is titled Frankenboard. Lowercase and capitalised, both fail. What use are the [wiki] tags doing here?

wiki/Frankenboard

zrrion

12 Apr 2021, 12:53

The visual editor for the wiki is also down, so it would appear that parts of the wiki are acting up presently.

Muirium
µ

12 Apr 2021, 13:04

Ah. Well, at least it's not just me. Partial relief credit!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

12 Apr 2021, 13:27

if they changed server they probably need to make some updates to the visual editor listening IP

headphone_jack

13 Apr 2021, 03:37

Timestamps for posts on the front page seem to be wonky. Anyone else?

Muirium
µ

13 Apr 2021, 10:07

Timezone you mean? They look fine to me, but I leave them in DT’s default European timezone.

Return to “Deskthority talk”