deskthority - Suggestions and Changelog

mintberryminuscrunch

03 Sep 2012, 09:57

DeathAdder wrote:
mintberryminuscrunch wrote:It's so nerve wracking if you are writing a post, view the preview and accidentally click on a link without Ctrl pressed
Wow, that's some old school technique.
As 002 said, mouse wheel click opens every link in a new tab. AFAIK every modern browser supports it.
not if you are at your laptop ;)

Acanthophis

03 Sep 2012, 11:59

Some notebooks can imitate the mouse wheel click when both mouse buttons are pressed. Try looking into your mouse pad driver.

fossala
Elite +1

09 Sep 2012, 09:24

You thought of putting in a search function for pm's?

mintberryminuscrunch

09 Sep 2012, 10:25

DeathAdder wrote:Some notebooks can imitate the mouse wheel click when both mouse buttons are pressed. Try looking into your mouse pad driver.
That's worse than pressing Ctrl

off

09 Sep 2012, 12:51

Just a quick note (perhaps redundant), but in the PM inbox you can sort messages by author, yet in the sent folder you can't (sort by adressee).. and seeing there's no search as far as I've found, that makes it pretty nasty to find that one message you want!

webwit
Wild Duck

11 Sep 2012, 00:07

It would be nice. I guess phpBB was never ment for such large pm boxes. Normally you can store like 50 messages and then you have to delete old stuff to make space.

bjarven

11 Sep 2012, 10:57

I have a problem when I try to login with tapatalk, I've misspelled my password a few times and now when I try to login
I get a error message that I've entered the wrong password too many times. And then I should enter a captcha. But the captcha isn't displayed in tapatalk... Hmm... Any ideas?

webwit
Wild Duck

11 Sep 2012, 21:32

Should have solved itself, it stores login attemps for the last 6 hours.

7bit

19 Sep 2012, 22:07

Is there a way to make my new mail directory the default, so it replaces the full one?

Or even better, any download option?

webwit
Wild Duck

19 Sep 2012, 23:50

If you don't see it, it ain't there.

7bit

20 Sep 2012, 08:35

webwit wrote:If you don't see it, it ain't there.
:cry:

ps: thanks for adding the sort by user function.

:-)

Daniel

25 Sep 2012, 16:07

Was the favicon changed? I think it's different than a week ago. :?:

webwit
Wild Duck

25 Sep 2012, 16:12

Yesterday with thanks to Daniel Beardsmore.

RC-1140

25 Sep 2012, 21:54

To be honest I liked the old one better. This one looks too bold. Only my opinion though.

webwit
Wild Duck

25 Sep 2012, 22:33

Old vs new.

7bit

25 Sep 2012, 22:47

Thanks for giving us back the old one!*

*) I guess the better looking right one is the old icon.

fossala
Elite +1

25 Sep 2012, 22:50

You thought of putting a search in the PM's?

webwit
Wild Duck

25 Sep 2012, 22:56

I'd love to but I don't have the time in the foreseeable future. Perhaps xbb or someone else is interested in implementing or researching it (maybe there's a phbBB mod for this).

webwit
Wild Duck

25 Sep 2012, 22:56

7bit wrote:Thanks for giving us back the old one!*

*) I guess the better looking right one is the old icon.
If you see the old one, your browser is still caching it!

xbb

26 Sep 2012, 02:02

I will take a look this weekend for the PMs search feature.

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Sep 2012, 02:08

Cheers.

I kinda like the new favicon. The old one is a quick hack job by sixty and a very simple pixelated icon. New one has anti-aliasing and different sizes if the client requests it. Granted, the D is bolder in the 16x16 version than the old version, but I think it works well for such a small icon.

Topre Enthusiast

26 Sep 2012, 02:45

I like the new one too, man. Don't listen to these haters.

Half-Saint

29 Sep 2012, 22:57

How 'bout adding [SOLD] category to the Marketplace? Tnx

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Sep 2012, 00:45

Added.

Daniel Beardsmore

30 Sep 2012, 17:42

BTW, webwit has enabled SVG support in MediaWiki now, which means that graphics can be uploaded in vector format now. This brings graphics in line with the spirit of a wiki.

For those who don't know vector graphics, think of it as open source graphics – the source of the image is the image: every line, circle, label remains editable as its own object, and you can clone objects such that when you alter one of them, all the clones update automatically. This means that you can save an image from the wiki to disc, tweak a line or circle or colour or edit a caption, and upload a new version really easily. It's also infinitely scalable, unlike a PNG or GIF that becomes pixellated when you enlarge it. Inkscape (which I use) is a pretty reasonable FOSS SVG editor — no-where near as buggy or crashy as it used to be in the past ;-) (apparently the Windows version was far less stable than the Linux version, perhaps due to GTK+ bugs under Windows).

Vierax

01 Oct 2012, 09:24

That's a wonderful news !

Daniel Beardsmore

02 Oct 2012, 01:52

DeathAdder wrote:Some notebooks can imitate the mouse wheel click when both mouse buttons are pressed. Try looking into your mouse pad driver.
I tend to map middle mouse to the top left area of the trackpad. My laptop does have a four button trackpad but I've stuck with the top-left tap zone out of habit.

Unfortunately tapping the top-left corner isn't much more reliable than trying to click two buttons at the exact same time. My work laptop is terrible at correctly detecting top-left taps.

JBert

03 Oct 2012, 22:12

From the "post your header image" thread:
webwit wrote:Thanks guys, currently these in use.
Would it be possible to get the "try header" script on this special page, just like it works in that particular thread? I know this is some other "nice to have" feature, but it doesn't appear all that hard either.

webwit
Wild Duck

03 Oct 2012, 22:31

Done.

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Oct 2012, 21:40

I updated Tapatalk to the latest version. It now also has push notifications. Tapatalk also has a free plugin for Chrome for push notifications:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ofmahljkjj

Return to “Deskthority talk”