Off-topic market

Trent

07 Mar 2012, 01:59

I quickly scanned through this board, and did not see this suggestion. If this has been suggested, my apologies nuke the thread.

I think it would be interesting to have a "not keyboard related" marketplace for the deskthority community. This could mainly be for other electronic/technology products but others as well. This could either be supported by linking your posts on eBay or by just posting a [WTS] advertisement.

I'd be interested to see what people think about this suggestion, I have not been in the community very long and have yet to interact with the deskthority marketplace, so if this seems like something that would be awesome cool! If not that is fine too :lol:

Trent

Icarium

07 Mar 2012, 09:30

I think categories for products might be really nice. I keep wishing to be able to hide all those buy/sell topics for keycaps because I am really not interested in caps.

webwit
Wild Duck

07 Mar 2012, 15:16

Not sure if there's enough traffic for a separate subforum for a off-topic market place. If you have a monitor or whatever for sale, I'd just post it as a [FS] in the marketplace. If people start to post more of these, we can make a separate tag like [FS Other] or something. If people start to post even more, we can make a new subforum for it.

Categories are a bit harder since the forum software doesn't support that, we'd have to make a custom mod. I'm planning something slightly different, which is to make tabs at the top for the different topic tags in the marketplace, so you have tabs All (default), FS, WTB, etc. I stole this idea from the Korean forums, it's less complex than different subforums but still allows you to filter only on specific tags. Maybe I can incorporate your idea in that somehow, although I guess it's a separate thing.

Return to “Deskthority talk”