Welcome to the annual Deskthority Awards!
This year's awards are completely community driven. You not only decide who is a worthy nominee but you also get to pick the categories!
We do not have categories, so you'll post ALL your nominations right here in this thread, you may suggest a category best suited for your nominations but of course the actual categories will be decided based on the aggregated results.
Based on all the nominations we will then group them into sensible categories and go straight to the final round!
So rules are simple.
- You've got until 2019-11-22 at 23:59 UTC to send your nominations right in this thread
- There is no limit to the number of nominations each user can post
- You must accompany your nominations with the reason for the nomination
- You may suggest a category for the nominations
Prizes Winners for each category will get a wingnut. Not sure if and who will get a gold one.
What about the random loot for all the participants? Simple. There are none. YAY!
I would try to keep this community/project based, what I'm trying to say is that nominating "Cooler Master" or "Cherry" would be just a waste of wingnuts... but anyway I'm not imposing this rule, it's up to you.
And now send your nominations!
The nominations so far:
- a proper case for the Vortex ViBE viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22099
- Heikkonen's beamspring find viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22863
- karlmartin95’s F77 find viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22176
- DMA for the Magnetic Valve switch conversion added to Commonsense
- Alps discovery by XTaran viewtopic.php?t=20339&p=431372
- unusual Alps switches by snacksthecat viewtopic.php?f=62&t=22325&p=449295
- snacksthecat's well documented Micro Switch Hall Effect project viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21908
- Darcruix's beamspring and F107 - viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1919&p=440294#p440294
- Tron's collection of beamsprings - viewtopic.php?p=440503#p440503
- kmnov2017 for the Model F restoration - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21888&p=444524#p444524
- Mattr567 for restoring and (un)saving his G80-2100 which sustained some heavy damage during shipping - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21977
- Xwhatsit's solenoid driver alternative - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23048
- ZedTheMan's triple Beamspring restoration thread - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22681
- RAMA (https://rama.works/) for creating great custom keyboards and making them available without unit limits
- TGR for creating stunning high quality customs (https://www.instagram.com/yuktsi/)
- Ploopy: the first accessible DIY modern trackball kit - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22899
- iso's MEM 3d printed modular ergonomic mouse - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=98360
- Michael Stapelberg for the Kinesis Advantage replacement controller the kinX project - https://michael.stapelberg.ch/
- crystalhand for making Dactyl/Manuform more easily available to wider public - https://github.com/crystalhand/dactyl-keyboard
- FalbaTech: making nice keyboard cases locally, building good ergonomic designs like Redox and ErgoDash - https://falba.tech/
- ErgoWarp for experimenting with the keyboard shape - https://github.com/pseudoku/ErgoWarp
- redmaus for his massive haul from Computer Reset - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22055
- SneakyRobb for his Beamspring project viewtopic.php?t=21851
- Delirious for the Omron75 viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22022