[question] Any way to make subscribed topics NOT send email?

off

11 Apr 2012, 12:24

That.

Subscribe is useful since it can be set to auto whenever you post somewhere, thus making it better than bookmark; but having my inbox fill up is not cool. Any way to make it so there's no mails sent?
Last edited by off on 11 Apr 2012, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

11 Apr 2012, 12:38

Why not simply uncheck the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" before submitting your post?

off

11 Apr 2012, 12:42

Because that would be dumb. :P
There's an option to not automatically subscribe to topics in the settings.

BUT: I like having a list of topics I replied in (and thus find interesting), and subscribe can do that automatically, while bookmark is manual.
So an extra option (if it's not there yet) to disable the notification of subscribed topics into my email inbox would be awesome. Or an auto-bookmark function, though that is less desirable since I prefer to have two possible categories; one with all, and one with important things (like what I ordered from whom).

kbdfr
The Tiproman

11 Apr 2012, 12:51

off wrote:[...] BUT: I like having a list of topics I replied in (and thus find interesting), and subscribe can do that automatically, while bookmark is manual.
Well, then you can just disable the notification option in your profile.
And whenever you want to know in which topics you had posted, go to your User Control Panel and click "Show your posts".

off

11 Apr 2012, 13:34

kbdfr wrote:
off wrote:[...] BUT: I like having a list of topics I replied in (and thus find interesting), and subscribe can do that automatically, while bookmark is manual.
And whenever you want to know in which topics you had posted, go to your User Control Panel and click "Show your posts".
which would give me a list of posts, not topics (meaning topics where I posted 10 times would be represented 10 times as well) :|

kbdfr
The Tiproman

11 Apr 2012, 13:48

off wrote:
kbdfr wrote:
which would give me a list of posts, not topics (meaning topics where I posted 10 times would be represented 10 times as well) :|
Sorry, my mistake.
Do not go to your User Control Panel, but click "View your posts" instead.
Y'ou'll find a list of the topics you have posted in.

off

11 Apr 2012, 14:16

Not too bad! Might actually work for my needs.. cheers!

Return to “Deskthority talk”