Please welcome the new owners of Deskthority

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Mar 2021, 19:23

Hi everybody,

Deskthority has found a new owner!

First of all, I'd like to thank the following people:

Thanks to everyone who was interested in becoming the new owner(s). There was lots of interest, and I was pleased everyone just wanted the best for Deskthority. Thank you!

I also want to thank the entire community, there were and are so many fantastic contributions, so much effort, and such a great vibe. It was a great honor owning such a wonderful community.

Special thanks to matt3o. Running Deskthority is not always easy as most people are just interested in keyboards, and matt3o didn't only put in the effort, but also the loyalty and reliability.

The new owners will introduce themselves now.

Please don't be worried. I decided to move forward with their interest because they have a very clear understanding of how a community like this works, how they might move it forward, but especially what not to do, which they consider to be entirely counterproductive.

So for example you keep being the owner of your own user content, and the wiki will remain open source, and the new owners will discuss things with you and want your input so they don't spoil Deskthority. In other words, they are not stupid and wanted Deskthority for what it is. If you are still worried, please give them a chance.

For myself, I've greatly enjoyed running and owning the show, it has been my favorite hobby ever!

I'll stick around for a bit as a moderator to help the new owners with the transition.

keyboardjoy

15 Mar 2021, 20:41

Hello everyone,

My name is Oliver (keyboardjoy), and I'm delighted that Lennert has entrusted me as the new custodian for the community he has built over the last ten years. Lennert will remain as a moderator, and we will continue an active dialogue in the coming months.

First of all, I want to echo Lennert to say a huge thank you to matt3o for his dedication that has gone far beyond usual day-to-day administration; without his involvement, Deskthority would not be in the strong position it is today.

I also want to express my gratitude to Lennert for everything he has done for our community. He has built something very special here. I intend to keep this community as open and user-driven as it always has been. You should see no changes in the coming weeks except for increased investment in the backend infrastructure.

The goal is for Deskthority to remain the most authoritative resource for mechanical keyboards on the net and for us to develop this community together, openly and transparently.

I'm happy to answer your questions, and I look forward to learning and contributing to this community.

Yours, Keyboardjoy

wobbled

15 Mar 2021, 20:58

A warm welcome to Oliver, and a final thank you to Webwit and Matteo for their incredible dedication and commitment over the years!

TheInverseKey

15 Mar 2021, 20:59

Hi,

Welcome I hopeful to see what the future of DT holds. Is there any more information about your background in the hobby?

Thanks,

lbassett_21

15 Mar 2021, 21:01

Hi there!

Welcome to deskthority as the new owner! Looking forward to see what the future holds. :)

Easy_Spinach

15 Mar 2021, 21:03

Welcome.
First order of business.
Unban moer from Discord server.
Thanks!

shallot

15 Mar 2021, 21:05

Don't do that ^

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

15 Mar 2021, 21:06

keyboardjoy wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 20:41
Hello everyone,

My name is Oliver (keyboardjoy), and I'm delighted that Lennert has entrusted me as the new custodian for the community he has built over the last ten years. Lennert will remain as a moderator, and we will continue an active dialogue in the coming months.

First of all, I want to echo Lennert to say a huge thank you to matt3o for his dedication that has gone far beyond usual day-to-day administration; without his involvement, Deskthority would not be in the strong position it is today.

I also want to express my gratitude to Lennert for everything he has done for our community. He has built something very special here. I intend to keep this community as open and user-driven as it always has been. You should see no changes in the coming weeks except for increased investment in the backend infrastructure.

The goal is for Deskthority to remain the most authoritative resource for mechanical keyboards on the net and for us to develop this community together, openly and transparently.

I'm happy to answer your questions, and I look forward to learning and contributing to this community.

Yours, Keyboardjoy
Welcome, overlord! What are your plans for this community beyond remaining the most authoritative source for keyboards? Are you planning on upgrading the website forum software or adding advertisements?
Also, what is your favorite keyboard and switch?

UnscrambledEggs

15 Mar 2021, 21:07

Hi keyboardjoy! Welcome as the new owner of DT :D
I wanted to ask, what drove you to buy DT? (if that's private, I completely understand, sorry for asking). I see the account you have here is about a month old, so I was thinking:

1.) you are genuinely new to the community (in which case welcome!) or
2.) this is simply a new account.

I'm very curious, and thanks for the warm introduction!

Sturmtiger001

15 Mar 2021, 21:08

Welcome to the cult of old keyboards, may you guide us into a bright future.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

I need a drink

Muirium
µ

15 Mar 2021, 21:09

Way ahead of ya. ;)
Redmaus wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 21:06
Welcome, overlord! What are your plans for this community beyond remaining the most authoritative source for keyboards? Are you planning on upgrading the website forum software or adding advertisements?
Also, what is your favorite keyboard and switch?
You could always look at their profile. Says right there. The better question is to explain their rationale for, of all things, MX blue! :D

Myoth

15 Mar 2021, 21:09

don't want to be the buzz kill but usually a generic nickname, less than a month of registeration and 4 posts means a bot to a lot of us, I don't have the choice of getting into this newly branded adventure other than optimistically but still ...

wobbled

15 Mar 2021, 21:10

Wodan wrote:
I need a drink
Could you check your inbox first? :D

sharktastica

15 Mar 2021, 21:10

Indeed, welcome to the chair, Oliver!

I look forward to seeing what you'll bring to the table and learning more about you. Big thanks to the previous owners for their dedication over the years, and I remain (hopefully understandably) cautiously optimistic for the future!
Last edited by sharktastica on 15 Mar 2021, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.

TNT

15 Mar 2021, 21:11

Welcome and thank you all for your continuous effort! I'm looking forward to where the future will take us as a community and an online forum.

Bjerrk

15 Mar 2021, 21:14

The emphasis on "don't be worried!" worries me :? :P

Easy_Spinach

15 Mar 2021, 21:15

shallot wrote:
Don't do that ^
Dont listen to her. She is cray cray

doomsday_device

welcome! i hope you keep things up in the quality we are used by the previous owner. that said, you should definitely review your favourite switch choice. :)

Muirium
µ

15 Mar 2021, 21:18

We are judging you! By your key switch! But overlordship too. Yeah, also that. But first the switches!

UnscrambledEggs

15 Mar 2021, 21:19

Easy_Spinach wrote:
shallot wrote:
Don't do that ^
Dont listen to her. She is cray cray
I concur with shallot don't unban moer

doomsday_device

15 Mar 2021, 21:19

Muirium wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 21:18
We are judging you! By your key switch! But overlordship too. Yeah, also that. But first the switches!
:D
this was obviously meant as a joke.

Muirium
µ

15 Mar 2021, 21:20

The best jokes contain a nugget of the truth.

sirplatypus

15 Mar 2021, 21:23

Did you buy gme? This is important info

Bjerrk

15 Mar 2021, 21:34

Did anybody else notice that all non-MX boards are suddenly gone from the wiki?

Muirium
µ

15 Mar 2021, 21:36

Bjerrk wrote:
[interest check] Lynch Mob

depletedvespene

15 Mar 2021, 21:39

Welcome, new owners!

Please don't ban me. Ban that other guy instead.

Jacobalbertus1

15 Mar 2021, 21:42

Welcome Oliver, I see that we now have you as the ultimate keyboard warrior.

So what's your favorite switch/board?
Mine is IBM beam springs in the IBM 4978 beamship

Dingster

15 Mar 2021, 21:43

Bjerrk wrote:
There is a big shiny "next page" buttom at the top of the page, the first page is occupied by boards starting with A, B and....,you guessed it, C(herry!). Enjoy your browsing ;)

tinnie

15 Mar 2021, 21:44

Welcum. Who is Oli actually?

Return to “Deskthority talk”