Deskthority key caps

asdf

08 Jul 2012, 02:21

modified xbb's
Maybe put it on a 1.25 key. Also lowercase 't'
Dtmod.PNG
Dtmod.PNG (1.86 KiB) Viewed 6330 times
edit: ripster's photoshop for regular key makes it look fine
Last edited by asdf on 08 Jul 2012, 02:43, edited 1 time in total.

Acanthophis

08 Jul 2012, 02:25

asdf wrote:
Dtmod.PNG
DtFlip.PNG
Both are nice!

ripster

08 Jul 2012, 02:56

Both ARE!

Could run both colors like the Pi Group Key Buy.

xbb

08 Jul 2012, 03:42

white on black: doubleshot
black on white: doubleshot / dye sublimation

Not my idea to place a T near the D, I saw it somewhere before but I forgot where.

webwit
Wild Duck

08 Jul 2012, 03:45

Sixty has played with key designs before. He made a great logo.

ripster

08 Jul 2012, 04:28

Ragnorock said he could help whatever the design is. He knows a LOT about working with SP but a EU person would be good too.

IvanIvanovich

08 Jul 2012, 04:31

I'm with webwit's design, just simple D would be cool in my opinion for doubleshot or dyesub. Full Deskthority logo on spacebar would also be ok, maybe on one of those 3D printed metal ones being talked about for groupbuy already? Or if not that maybe on thick PBT with etched style? But not super giant maybe like 3-4units, I like simple and elegant understated style.

Ragnorock

08 Jul 2012, 08:24

I'm just stopping by to let everyone know I'd be willing to run this if one of your more "DT based" guys isn't I was pointed here because I heard they needed someone with a good reputation to do it right, so here I am. I'd love to do both the black on white and white on black keys pictured below, and the Desk flip enter or backspace key (backspace might suit the legend better,) potentially in both color combos as well. So 3 or 4 keys. Thoughts?

phetto
Elite

08 Jul 2012, 11:59

DeathAdder wrote:How about those?
asdf wrote:Shift / Enter / Backspace
RougeRambo wrote:Image

How about this for a space bar design?
All of these are AWESOME!!! Make GB NOW :D

*drool* DS SPACEBAR :mrgreen:

dirge

08 Jul 2012, 12:31

Awesome work guys, but instead of white would you consider cherry beige? Also the Escape replacement has been done to death, would love to see mods :) Or even a shift replacement with the up arrow still there?

webwit
Wild Duck

08 Jul 2012, 12:40

Some great designs, I like the DT variations too.

I'm just gonna put this in here. For keyboard case or space bar side. Thanks sixty!
Spoiler:
dt_stickers.jpg
dt_stickers.jpg (173.25 KiB) Viewed 6214 times

dirge

08 Jul 2012, 12:48

Be nice if some stickers like that could be made for the phantoms.

Djuzuh

08 Jul 2012, 12:56

how where those made, If I may ask?

webwit
Wild Duck

08 Jul 2012, 13:04

Same Korean sticker company that made the Cherry transfer foil metal stickers for OTD. You send a design for an entire sheet and money, and they send you the stickers. But there are plenty of sticker companies.

Djuzuh

08 Jul 2012, 13:14

yeah I know some sticker companies, but first time I see a custom foil methal sticker.

Soarer

08 Jul 2012, 13:40

I vote for a simple 'D' or 'DT' version. Somehow 'DESK' on its own looks odd to me.

Or...
dtdgh2.png
dtdgh2.png (929 Bytes) Viewed 6185 times
:lol:

GMC

08 Jul 2012, 14:09

Spacebar would be nicer if done two tone. I.e. the bar itself is coloured as per the logo backgrounds

IvanIvanovich

08 Jul 2012, 15:23

Definitely do the stickers. Foil is good, or transparent color ones like original Cherry case sticker

RougeRambo

08 Jul 2012, 15:26

Ragnorock wrote:I'm just stopping by to let everyone know I'd be willing to run this if one of your more "DT based" guys isn't I was pointed here because I heard they needed someone with a good reputation to do it right, so here I am. I'd love to do both the black on white and white on black keys pictured below, and the Desk flip enter or backspace key (backspace might suit the legend better,) potentially in both color combos as well. So 3 or 4 keys. Thoughts?
asdf wrote:Shift / Enter / Backspace
RougeRambo wrote:Image

How about this for a space bar design?
I reckon these three would be the best for a group buy so far, although my spacebar would need neatening up, its a bit pixelated atm, and we would be very grateful if you facilitated it.
Thanks

RougeR

asdf

08 Jul 2012, 15:31

dirge wrote:Awesome work guys, but instead of white would you consider cherry beige? Also the Escape replacement has been done to death, would love to see mods :) Or even a shift replacement with the up arrow still there?
true, there are a lot of row 4 keys for novelty keycaps. A small sticker would be cool too
DTpipe.jpg
DTpipe.jpg (19.01 KiB) Viewed 6150 times

rindorbrot

08 Jul 2012, 15:45

How about a set of TAB and CapsLock keys with the "Desk" part of the logo on the TAB and the "thority" on the larger CapsLock key?

From the ones already posted I definitively like the simple ones with just the D or the Dt the best...

dirge

08 Jul 2012, 15:48

Nice asdf, but that's a one unit key in Europe ;)

ripster

08 Jul 2012, 15:54

I swiped the image/color scheme from the Wiki.

I don't think Signature Plastics can do front printing though. UNLIKE my Filco Camo Lasered keys.

dirge

08 Jul 2012, 15:57

Be nice if we approached sleabo and had qwerkeys for these. Be nice to see the difference between SP and Qwerkeys.

damorgue

08 Jul 2012, 15:58

rindorbrot wrote:How about a set of TAB and CapsLock keys with the "Desk" part of the logo on the TAB and the "thority" on the larger CapsLock key?

From the ones already posted I definitively like the simple ones with just the D or the Dt the best...
Interesting thought. Perhaps even put part the logo on the step of a stepped caps lock.

rindorbrot

08 Jul 2012, 16:13

Made a quick and dirty mockup for the tab and capslock...
not pretty, but you should get the idea
dt_mockup.png
dt_mockup.png (501.59 KiB) Viewed 6124 times

Glissant

08 Jul 2012, 16:23

ripster wrote: I don't think Signature Plastics can do front printing though. UNLIKE my Filco Camo Lasered keys.
Isn't there front printed legends on some of the cream cheese and green key caps tsangan just got? Google images search
Last edited by Glissant on 08 Jul 2012, 16:34, edited 3 times in total.

RougeRambo

08 Jul 2012, 16:24

rindorbrot wrote:Made a quick and dirty mockup for the tab and capslock...
not pretty, but you should get the idea
I like that, think its a cool idea.

asdf

08 Jul 2012, 16:34

+1 for stepped caps lock. Always wanted one anyway :D

Acanthophis

08 Jul 2012, 16:38

Stepped caps lock with centred stem isn't possible.
CnC and also Red Alert 2 were going to have them, but it turns out SP can't make them.

Return to “Deskthority talk”