Possibly downtime because of maintenance

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Jul 2012, 20:42

I'm upgrading some server side software, this might cause some minutes of downtime in the next hour.

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Jul 2012, 21:02

Maintenance completed.

Charlie_Brown_MX

24 Jul 2012, 22:26

I’m appalled by the competent and professional manner in which this board is run. Shame on you, webwit, for informing users of downtime an communicating in an effective manner. Worst of all, no posts were lost and we weren’t treated to a roll-back of several days or more. You disgust me.

itlnstln

24 Jul 2012, 23:33

koralatov wrote:I’m appalled by the competent and professional manner in which this board is run. Shame on you, webwit, for informing users of downtime an communicating in an effective manner. Worst of all, no posts were lost and we weren’t treated to a roll-back of several days or more. You disgust me.
This. WTF did you do? Dust the hardware?

Maintenance my ass.

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Jul 2012, 23:39

Damn you caught me. Forgot the rollback. :?

Php updates. This sometimes brings down the old instance running under Apache, but it didn't now.

Charlie_Brown_MX

25 Jul 2012, 08:08

It’s even worse than I thought. I just checked the wiki and it’s still there, and not one attachment disappeared during this so-called “maintenance”.

If we can’t rely on you to arbitrarily lose or remove parts of this site during maintenance, what’s the point?

fossala
Elite +1

25 Jul 2012, 10:04

Don't worry we won't get caught, American's don't get sarcasm.

Return to “Deskthority talk”