Countries in titles of sales

gmjhowe

24 Feb 2013, 13:30

This probably isn't a massive problem.

However when browsing classifieds I will see something I like/want, get excited, only to open the link and see that its not available with me being in the UK.

I know we have a slightly more widespread membership than GH, so I thought it might be useful to have people put a country of origin in the title of their sales.

Similar to how you can choose a category which is put infront of the title.
It just means it would be a lot easier to quickly browse and view the items you stand a chance of being able to buy with a decent shipping rate.

Example, if someones title listed 'France' as the origin, then I know there is a chance of reasonable shipping to the UK.

Originally I was going to suggest sub forum areas for different countries, however I think being able to see all items being sold in one place works well, especially as people may be happy to pay for expensive shipping for a desirable item.

(NB, I did try and search/browse for a suggestion similar to this, but couldn't find it)

Acanthophis

24 Feb 2013, 16:31

It's stickied in the marketplace. http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ ... t1386.html
It's not exactly what you proposed, but it's something.

gmjhowe

24 Feb 2013, 16:36

Yeah, it does help that you can quickly check the persons profile, with the little pop up boxes making that really handy.

Also people are very good at giving locations in listings.

However it's about making it easier to spot potential items to buy before opening a link.
So when I see someone selling a poker I don't get all excited to find its in the USA

Return to “Deskthority talk”