Deskthority vs. DeskAthority

the_buff

15 May 2011, 00:20

This is probably a known issue, but--

--I had stumbled on this site looking for photos of keyboards before, but when I specifically tried to browse to this site I kept entering deskAuthority.net, because I couldn't remember the name, and I kept getting redirected to geekhack.org.

Fantastic and all, but a total pain in the ass that I'm sure others have encountered. Not sure there is anything you can do about it, but you might want to weigh your options.

Someone isn't playing nice, but seeing how this is a spinoff, you're probably not surprised. ;)

sixty
Gasbag Guru

15 May 2011, 00:32

Hah! Up to this day I was not aware iMav had grabbed that domain. I am pretty amused. Well played, iMav.

geekheck.org anyone?

webwit
Wild Duck

15 May 2011, 00:35

Har har.

webwit
Wild Duck

15 May 2011, 00:40

sixty wrote:geekheck.org anyone?
After you registered that, you should make a sock puppet account on geekhack and claim you couldn't find it, because you use geekheck.org.

Crazy9000

17 May 2011, 05:32

I only speak english so I've never visited this greekhack website people keep talking about.

kps

17 May 2011, 16:32

Crazy9000 wrote:I only speak english so I've never visited this greekhack website people keep talking about.
Αυτό δεν είναι πραγματικά μια σημαντική θέση. Είναι ακριβώς το κείμενο πλήρωσης τρέχει μέσα από ένα δημοφιλές αυτόματο μεταφραστή. Έχω αυτό το παλιό γραφομηχανή Έλληνες, όμως.

By kpschoedel at 2010-06-06

Return to “Deskthority talk”