Vector Deskthority Logo

matt3o
-[°_°]-

12 Jan 2014, 09:46

Sorry guys I was in a hurry yesterday.

Here's the final version. This is basically identical to the original. I just added few subpixels spacing here and there.
deskthority-logo.png
deskthority-logo.png (26.37 KiB) Viewed 5040 times
The attached SVG contains both the original version with text objects (that will work only if you have the font installed) and the traced version (that will work anywhere).

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Attachments
deskthority.svg.zip
(3.41 KiB) Downloaded 277 times

QWERTim

16 Jan 2014, 21:49

If you're looking for some more DT key caps, think I can dig out the original. Any thoughts on individually numbered key caps for club members? Can print full colour now!

webwit
Wild Duck

17 Jan 2014, 00:04

@matt3o
Perfect, great work!

@QWERTim
I really liked your previous DT keys, both the white with black text and black with white text. Need more.

mtl

18 Jan 2014, 15:58

colors.png
colors.png (17.1 KiB) Viewed 4941 times
I think the above design would be acceptable to SP. It was made by taking the legend proof SP sent me for the SA-profile Vim cap (to help eliminate any sizing problems) and scaling matt3o's Deskthority logo into the available legend area. I widened the gap between the D and T a bit to ensure a 0.5mm space between lines per 7bit's instructions.

The DT was centered by reserving some blank space to the right of the T, though the legend could be made a hair bigger if we allow for it to be off-center to the right. I don't think that would look bad at all:
sizes.png
sizes.png (9.54 KiB) Viewed 4941 times
Any preferences?

7bit

18 Jan 2014, 16:04

Maximised!
:-)

Centered is not centered!!!
:mad:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 Jan 2014, 17:05

"Max" looks perfect

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

18 Jan 2014, 17:19

Max looks pretty good! We need a proper double shot deskthority key, and it's been a long time since a novelty keycap gb.

mtl

18 Jan 2014, 17:36

Max it is! :D I will send it to SP on Monday.
Attachments
dt-logo.zip
(323.92 KiB) Downloaded 230 times

mr_a500

18 Jan 2014, 17:48

I love the idea of a doubleshot Deskthority keycap, but these keycap buys are always for Cherry boards. I own over 50 keyboards, but only one that's Cherry - an ugly unusable WYSE terminal keyboard.

I wish something could be done for buckling spring keycaps - nice doubleshot one-piece BS keycaps.

scottc

18 Jan 2014, 18:03

mr_a500 wrote:I love the idea of a doubleshot Deskthority keycap, but these keycap buys are always for Cherry boards. I own over 50 keyboards, but only one that's Cherry - an ugly unusable WYSE terminal keyboard.

I wish something could be done for buckling spring keycaps - nice doubleshot one-piece BS keycaps.
This would be wonderful! Black on cream, anyone?

ماء

18 Jan 2014, 18:32

Nice logo,The keycap with SA Profile DS ABS/Dye PBT would be good 8-)
GB Through 7bit :?

Soarer

18 Jan 2014, 18:57

I'd really like to have just the 'D', for the home row, in DCS, as well. Got far too many novelty F-row caps already!
Colours to match Dolch, or just black/white, not too fussed.

mtl

05 Feb 2014, 21:46

SP has the "Max" SVG and confirmed that it is good to go. :D

Muirium
µ

05 Feb 2014, 21:56

This is going into Round 5?
Sweet!

webwit
Wild Duck

05 Feb 2014, 22:39

We should get them complimentary from SP. :mrgreen:
A lot of their business is because of dt co-founder sixty and OTD. Sixty asked around some years ago at OTD how and where they got their custom keys, and then started a custom order for SP keycaps and shared the process, which introduced custom keycap orders outside Korea into the wide world. The rest is history. Except that in recent years dt member 7bit organizes the biggest keycap group buys in the world, which on itself should make them give us free dt caps!

QWERTim

09 Feb 2014, 18:51

webwit
Wild Duck

09 Feb 2014, 18:55

No, those are great! We need more of them. :mrgreen:

Return to “Deskthority talk”