Updated forum software in beta

webwit
Wild Duck

02 Jun 2014, 00:07

Blue will cost extra.

Topre Enthusiast

02 Jun 2014, 09:00

Hey I am no scientist but I noticed that the wiki has a strange error when viewing user pages now. Could it be a result of the upgrade? The new changes are great by the way! Good job, webwit :) (and anyone else who might've been involved)
Error.png
Error.png (64.69 KiB) Viewed 5190 times

7bit

02 Jun 2014, 13:32

I've got the same on my page!
:mad:

One of those error messages appears also when viewing the source:
http://deskthority.net/w/index.php?titl ... ction=edit

webwit
Wild Duck

02 Jun 2014, 13:57

Thanks, should be fixed now!

Daniel Beardsmore

02 Jun 2014, 18:54

Not sure why 002 is stalking me though …

tinnie

02 Jun 2014, 19:06

Because you're single! D:

webwit
Wild Duck

02 Jun 2014, 19:20

For my next trick... (still working on the design)

7bit

02 Jun 2014, 20:03

Will this be optional?
:?

webwit
Wild Duck

02 Jun 2014, 20:09

Yes, you can switch between that view and embedded youtube view.

7bit

02 Jun 2014, 20:17

What I mean: I like the idea of the photos and first few worrds view, but it would be great to also have the traditional view with colored categoies (even though they cost extra. :P )

webwit
Wild Duck

02 Jun 2014, 20:26

If you imagine the picture above with the [Photos] prefixes in green, then the problem I had with that is the topic titles lose focus between all the green text which stands out around them.

7bit

02 Jun 2014, 20:49

Make them green in the traditional view and black in the picture view.

You get extra points if the category is moved to the left column with those useless circles.
:evilgeek:

BTW: Is it possible to have a blank placeholder, or a broken image graphic, if there is no photo?

JBert

02 Jun 2014, 21:24

webwit wrote:For my next trick... (still working on the design)

Meanwhile on Reddit...

I mean, Deskthority.

Muirium
µ

02 Jun 2014, 21:52

Nice idea. And so long as I can turn it off (especially on the forum spy, my main UI) I'll be happy.

Daniel Beardsmore

02 Jun 2014, 21:54

tinnie wrote:Because you're single! D:
So I've gone from being sought after by gay men, to being desired by married family men? I see …

Muirium
µ

02 Jun 2014, 22:05

I'm sure some of them are just wonderful…

Daniel Beardsmore

02 Jun 2014, 22:10

It is a completely lost cause. I'm not even on the Venus/Mars scale.

By the way, the new Mark topics read button doesn't work in Try before you buy or Other languages: nothing happens. Refresh the page and nothing changed. (I don't know why the AJAX request is being sent as GET instead of POST — I guess that's why a random number is being sent, by someone who got their GET and POST mixed up.)

When marking as read does work, the server returns code 200 and the raw string "Forums have been marked read." as the entity body. (WTF?)

When marking as read doesn't work, the server returns code 200, but 0 bytes of entity body. No errors, no "Nothing needed to be done." reply, literally nothing.

webwit
Wild Duck

03 Jun 2014, 01:02

Thanks, actually that button was not supposed to work in old forums yet (outside the tab structure), the backend was not prepared for it. Fixed that.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

05 Jun 2014, 10:19

Since the update when I click on Marketplace, on a random base I get this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function utf8_normalize_nfc() in /home/dtnet/public_html/phpbb_seo/phpbb_seo_class.php on line 764

webwit
Wild Duck

05 Jun 2014, 14:10

I couldn't replicate it but I think I fixed it. Let me know if you still get the error.

Topre Enthusiast

08 Jun 2014, 07:02

Getting an SQL error on all tabs in Marketplace that don't have sub-sections.
Iloveyoudaniel.png
Iloveyoudaniel.png (44.11 KiB) Viewed 4986 times

Compgeke

08 Jun 2014, 10:31

Error happens here too. Nice filename though.

webwit
Wild Duck

08 Jun 2014, 11:34

Thanks, I fixed it.

webwit
Wild Duck

09 Jun 2014, 19:57

In process...
This video shows a couple of things. It shows a thumbnail view, and the ability to toggle to no thumbnails and no text abstracts. It also shows some redone tag labels in the marketplace. And it shows an experiment with Try before you buy moved to the marketplace.

ne0phyte
Toast.

09 Jun 2014, 20:07

That looks nice, webwit! Also: are you blocking the analytics script (Piwik) on your own site with Ghostery? :D

webwit
Wild Duck

09 Jun 2014, 20:09

It's enabled, otherwise it would be strikethrough ;)

woody
Count Troller

15 Jun 2014, 18:39

That new extra, the picture thumbnail and snippet of text - I can change the page layout with the icon (I just want the most simple view, like it was before), but it is neither remembered for my profile, nor when going back in browser history.

Fixable?

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Jun 2014, 18:42

It should be saved in a cookie dtnet_3yukq_layout (value 1, 2 or 3) on domain deskthority.net.

woody
Count Troller

15 Jun 2014, 18:47

I don't keep cookies, for various reasons. Possible with the user profile?
But going back is something else, the cookie is still alive and well then.

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Jun 2014, 22:02

It's not a trivial fix I'm afraid. Can't you allow this cookie in the exception list? It's a genuine use of cookies, to save a persistent user option. Unlike tracking cookies.

Return to “Deskthority talk”