Issues with IRC

adhoc

30 Jun 2014, 23:41

I've honestly never discussed with a person more limited than you on the internet. I honestly fear for you. I wish you best of luck in your future endeavours because I've got a feeling you'll need it.

ne0phyte
Toast.

30 Jun 2014, 23:57

EDIT: I'm really active in #deskthority too and except for spammers and obvious trolls it's quite nice. We don't have discussions about keyboards that often (compared to OT), but if someone joins with a question people are usually trying to help.
Signal to noise got worse, yes, but then again the few active people are the ones keeping the channel alive.

DerpyDash_xAD

01 Jul 2014, 00:52

Adhoc: be aware, the least edgy part of Europe is more edgy than the most edgy part of the USA. But] that was still a dick move. He was correct to call you out.

Citation: I'm part American. I have family ex-US Army and ex-Air Force. I have lived there, and promptly returned to my Queen!
Last edited by DerpyDash_xAD on 01 Jul 2014, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel Beardsmore

01 Jul 2014, 00:53

adhoc wrote: I've honestly never discussed with a person more limited than you on the internet. I honestly fear for you. I wish you best of luck in your future endeavours because I've got a feeling you'll need it.
I think you really need to refine your sense of humour.

You do realise that it's possible to be funny without dragging the level of conversation down the toilet, right? (And without lots of swearing, but I'll let Eddie Izzard off as his humour is intelligent.)

Maybe we should sentence adhoc to watch intelligent comedians, men and women.

Daemon Raccoon

01 Jul 2014, 01:31

adhoc wrote: [...]I have to protect ALL THE LADIES (of which there are 0 on IRC)!
Hello, I am a woman.

Daniel Beardsmore

01 Jul 2014, 01:35

Careful, adhoc might rupture a blood vessel from the shock.

Dubsgalore

01 Jul 2014, 01:51

woah! a woman?

Daniel your avatar is confusing me everytime i see it :? :lol:

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Jul 2014, 02:06

Daniel Beardsmore wrote: Maybe we should sentence adhoc to watch intelligent comedians, men and women.
:evilgeek:

Daniel Beardsmore

01 Jul 2014, 02:19

=D

adhoc

01 Jul 2014, 07:06

Daemon Raccoon wrote:
adhoc wrote: [...]I have to protect ALL THE LADIES (of which there are 0 on IRC)!
Hello, I am a woman.
Not sure why youre claiming this, but you are not. You said yourself you are neither he nor she.

adhoc

01 Jul 2014, 07:08

Daniel Beardsmore wrote:
adhoc wrote: I've honestly never discussed with a person more limited than you on the internet. I honestly fear for you. I wish you best of luck in your future endeavours because I've got a feeling you'll need it.
I think you really need to refine your sense of humour.

You do realise that it's possible to be funny without dragging the level of conversation down the toilet, right? (And without lots of swearing, but I'll let Eddie Izzard off as his humour is intelligent.)

Maybe we should sentence adhoc to watch intelligent comedians, men and women.
Im the type of person who enjoys C K Louis and youre the type that would call him trash. See the difference is I dont call you trash or toilet, but I suppose when you do it youre real classy.

Daniel Beardsmore

01 Jul 2014, 09:11

Yeah I'm voting Troll on this one.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

01 Jul 2014, 09:30

oh I like where this is going. Keep rolling

JBert

01 Jul 2014, 11:40

bhtooefr wrote: Regarding the incident this morning (in US Eastern time), here's the line that made me realize that there was a problem big enough to post about:
09:05 < swaggin_mcswaggi> well i mean why would you need a gf if you got your own set of tits and pussy right?
This being in the context of sexual reassignment surgery. And, you yourself said that that comment was meant to reduce women to sexual characteristics. (Plus, the rape joke you made before then, that you admit to in this thread...) That's not exactly the kind of sentiment that is welcoming to half the world population, and why exclude people from IRC by turning it into a "good old boys" club built on sexism?
Ehr, I don't see how that single line explains how Ops would help with that. You need to call that person out, not just slap a ban with only a summary reason. I can imagine that you did respond quite vocal, so that would be the right thing.

Of course, you were just quoting out of context. How long did this really keep going after calling someone out for being senseless/tasteless?

adhoc

01 Jul 2014, 11:48

JBert wrote: Ehr, I don't see how that single line explains how Ops would help with that. You need to call that person out, not just slap a ban with only a summary reason. I can imagine that you did respond quite vocal, so that would be the right thing.

Of course, you were just quoting out of context. How long did this really keep going after calling someone out for being senseless/tasteless?
We were discussing the procedure for some time, completely normally (as if you can discuss it "abnormally"). Then I typed this one single line as a joke and he went mad because of it. That was pretty much it.

"Ban those whose humour I don't find funny!"

Either way, you've achieved IRC going from 8-10 active users to 7-9. Good job :roll: With all of your political correctness one would think a person such as you OP would not toss around words like "white nerd", but I suppose it's okay because it fits your moral grounds, which are the whole and absolute definition of life.
Daniel Beardsmore wrote: Yeah I'm voting Troll on this one.
Why are you even vocal at all? You weren't there, you're judging things based on one single line pasted from IRC. What does even make you think you have the info to establish an opinion? I can paste a line from IRC to make anyone here look like a complete douche or a saint.

Daemon Raccoon

01 Jul 2014, 14:40

adhoc wrote: Not sure why youre claiming this, but you are not. You said yourself you are neither he nor she.

:?:
IRC wrote: 2014.06.30 11:47:02 < bhtooefr> I'd personally like to see this community be something other than a cishet white male nerd club
2014.06.30 11:47:47 * daemonraccoon is not het nor male. (she is white though)
I am not a heterosexual male. I am a woman.

adhoc

01 Jul 2014, 16:04

Well my IRC client doesn't save logs for some reason. I'm pretty sure you said you're neither a he or she, to which I asked what is that supposed to mean, but due to no answer I assumed transgender or something like that, due to the butthurtness you and your other snowflake bht showed while we discussed about not you, a bit more not about you and then one line that MIGHT include you, of which I couldn't even know will affect you.

Either way, this sums it up nicely : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3h6es6zh1c

Seriously now, I do not want more butthurt snowflakes, so bye bye and good luck in life, because you'll need it with such sensitivity.

Muirium
µ

01 Jul 2014, 16:09

Gender's pretty daft, really. A woman who's pregnant with twins can have more dicks than you, adhoc!

adhoc

01 Jul 2014, 19:17

Muirium wrote: Gender's pretty daft, really. A woman who's pregnant with twins can have more dicks than you, adhoc!
I would love to answer you, but then this discussion might be:

-an incident,
-homophobic,
-a banable offence,
-demeaning to women (poisonous attitude),
-a reason for bht to show you a piece of freedom and
-more.

For some reason it might also insult Mexicans, Russians* and other minorities which Mr. Freedom will add to his list as his understanding of the actual running joke slowly develops.

*Just kidding, Russians are white nerds (or was it trash?) that can handle the jokes according to bht's universal human tagging classification system™ which everyone must follow, as was explained on IRC.

DerpyDash_xAD

01 Jul 2014, 19:49

Screw it, we all like keyboards and there are too few of us to be douchbags to others. I'm not saying that we should baby others but let's try to be less sensitive and less offensive, a civil war of Deskthoritaria is unneeded.

Daniel Beardsmore

01 Jul 2014, 20:03

¿Que!

Dubsgalore

01 Jul 2014, 20:55

Muirium wrote: Gender's pretty daft, really. A woman who's pregnant with twins can have more dicks than you, adhoc!
this just blew my mind wow

adhoc

23 Jul 2014, 11:22

Return to “Deskthority talk”