5000 AZERTY Keyboards NOS

inozenz

14 May 2021, 13:01

I texted the seller on different accounts and its funny how he tells every single of my accounts different numbers.
One account he said 4k for everything on another 2,5k for everything and the last fake account he said 3,5k.

I want to make him sweat a little and psychologicly pursue him to drop the price even lower. So when i call him he has to take the offer i want to suggest.

Regarding group buys, sure we could do such a thing but all this market resrearch takes too much time, we kinda have to act fast.
And if you think about it.. lets say you buy 100 keyboard with an investment of 50€, which is not the end of the world. theoretically even if you sell a single board for 10€, which is reallllly low you would still make 950€ profit.
And if you cant get rid of the boards you would only have to sell 5 of them to get your money back, excluding shipping costs and other fees that will come with the boards.

Quail_lord

14 May 2021, 14:22

Thats a pretty good call, and would you try to get the individuals investing to get shipping from your storage?

Lalaland124

14 May 2021, 14:51

Agree - However I think it would be good to take at least a look at some of them, as again we don't really know why he sells them for so cheap right?
Would be bad if a lot of them turn out to be broken

inozenz

14 May 2021, 15:09

Lalaland124 wrote:
14 May 2021, 14:51
Agree - However I think it would be good to take at least a look at some of them, as again we don't really know why he sells them for so cheap right?
Would be bad if a lot of them turn out to be broken
Defenitly, i would go there personally and check all the containers befor i buy anything. Even pick a few sample boards and check the internals.

My guess is, this dude bought a garage or something similar and there happened to be a few of these containers laying around he has defenitly no clue what he got on his hands.
We are talking about around 10tons of "trash" in his eyes. He is just trying to get rid of this as quickly as possible and make a few bucks off of that.

fohat
Elder Messenger

14 May 2021, 15:20

inozenz wrote:

I texted the seller on different accounts
The more interest and enthusiasm that he sees, the more value he will perceive in his merchandise.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

14 May 2021, 15:22

inozenz wrote:
14 May 2021, 15:09
[…] My guess is, this dude bought a garage or something similar and there happened to be a few of these containers laying around he has defenitly no clue what he got on his hands.[…]
Most certainly. The guy obviously deals with used cars and machines, the name of his business includes "metal trading".

inozenz

14 May 2021, 15:31

Quail_lord wrote:
Thats a pretty good call, and would you try to get the individuals investing to get shipping from your storage?
The storage is on the farm of my parents. it is a barn that we aren't really using. It's dry and dust free, protected from weather and sunlight.

Yes, exactly. My thought was:
1. we collect the money
2. we check the goods
3. decide wether to buy it or not. Here we have 2 options.
a. we say no and everyone gets his money back / end of story
b. we buy the boards
4. we get the boards to "Velbert" the city my parents have there farm
5. i invest a weekends sorting out good and bad boards
6. among all those contributors we fairly % wise give each good boards aswell as bad ones(for harvesting) depending on the amount they invested. lets say person A bought 100 boards and from all of those 5000 boards are 500 bad condition. Person A has to get 10 bad condition boards and 90 good condition boards.
7. after we got the list ready and talked about shipping fee and packaging fee with those that contributed. I would immadiatly start shipping out.

I don't have to do all of this alone. If someone wants to join me when i go to the sellers place they are free to join. Also if someone wants to join me on any of those steps i mentioned be my guess. I am more then happy to treat you guys to a kebab and we dine together while we do the "work".

Two things i want to mention if we really get to the point of buying all these keyboards.
1. The only thing that is free is storage and labor(but understand that i am not willing to spend 24/7 checking if the board is good or bad, only from weekend to weekend). I happily provide you guys with these two.
2. Packaging and shipping will be paid as extra.

Also keep in mind 1 board is around 1-2kg, Shipping can get very expensive but the boards are cheap as hell.
Do the calculations beforehand! For someone from the US it might be not so smart to buy 1k boards, maybe 10 is enough. I don't know each person has to think for themselfs.

I think this is more then transparent and fair for any party.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

14 May 2021, 15:44

fohat wrote:
inozenz wrote:

The more interest and enthusiasm that he sees, the more value he will perceive in his merchandise.
fohat is right, as so often.

Don’t tease the guy and let the fake accounts either tell him they’re not interested any more or suggest a ridiculous low price.

Lalaland124

14 May 2021, 15:47

inozenz wrote:
Quail_lord wrote:
The storage is on the farm of my parents. it is a barn that we aren't really using. It's dry and dust free, protected from weather and sunlight.

1. we collect the money
2. we check the goods
b. we buy the boards
6. among all those contributors we fairly % wise give each good boards aswell as bad ones(for harvesting) depending on the amount they invested. lets say person A bought 100 boards and from all of those 5000 boards are 500 bad condition. Person A has to get 10 bad condition boards and 90 good condition boards.
7. after we got the list ready and talked about shipping fee and packaging fee with those that contributed. I would immadiatly start shipping out.

I don't have to do all of this alone. If someone wants to join me when i go to the sellers place they are free to join. Also if someone wants to join me on any of those steps i mentioned be my guess. I am more then happy to treat you guys to a kebab and we dine together while we do the "work".

Two things i want to mention if we really get to the point of buying all these keyboards.
1. The only thing that is free is storage and labor(but understand that i am not willing to spend 24/7 checking if the board is good or bad, only from weekend to weekend). I happily provide you guys with these two.

Also keep in mind 1 board is around 1-2kg, Shipping can get very expensive but the boards are cheap as hell.
Do the calculations beforehand! For someone from the US it might be not so smart to buy 1k boards, maybe 10 is enough. I don't know each person has to think for themselfs.

Sounds fair and pretty good. Depending on the timing we (theoretically speaking) get the boards, I'm potentially down to help you. I don't have much to do in the next month's anyways so maybe I could help you with sorting out the keyboards, depends on how everything works out in the end ;)

inozenz

14 May 2021, 15:49

kbdfr wrote:
14 May 2021, 15:44
fohat wrote:
inozenz wrote:

fohat is right, as so often.

Don’t tease the guy and let the fake accounts either tell him they’re not interested any more or suggest a ridiculous low price.
Don't worry i got you. If every buyer he presents a number says no and says he wants to have the price lower, lets say 1,8k and then one seller comes and says hey 2,2k seems fair. He will jump on the offer and we get to safe 300 bucks.
Doesn't matter how many interested person there are, if every fish he encounters doesnt bite the bait, the fisherman will get frustraited and be happy for every worm he catches.

Lalaland124

14 May 2021, 15:54

I just hope that all the boards come with space invader so that we don't accidentally buy like 2000 rubber dome boards with them as well :D

inozenz

14 May 2021, 15:57

Lalaland124 wrote:
14 May 2021, 15:47
inozenz wrote:
Quail_lord wrote:

1. we collect the money
2. we check the goods
b. we buy the boards

Sounds fair and pretty good. Depending on the timing we (theoretically speaking) get the boards, I'm potentially down to help you. I don't have much to do in the next month's anyways so maybe I could help you with sorting out the keyboards, depends on how everything works out in the end ;)
If you from far away and got a tent we can spend a weekend together(not int he same tent xD), put some chicken wings and steaks on the bbq, this little project could be fun :D

inozenz

14 May 2021, 15:58

Lalaland124 wrote:
14 May 2021, 15:54
I just hope that all the boards come with space invader so that we don't accidentally buy like 2000 rubber dome boards with them as well :D
thats what step 2 is for :D

Lalaland124

14 May 2021, 16:04

inozenz wrote:
14 May 2021, 15:57
If you from far away and got a tent we can spend a weekend together(not int he same tent xD), put some chicken wings and steaks on the bbq, this little project could be fun :D
Count me in🙋‍♂️

hellothere

14 May 2021, 17:05

I signed myself up. $70. That's probably about $15 for a keyboard and the rest for shipping to the US.

I don't have anyplace for storage, really. I could put a bunch on my back patio and there probably wouldn't be to much of a problem until monsoon season ... but I have desert critters, my dogs, and my own and neighborhood cats roaming around.

inozenz

14 May 2021, 18:06

hellothere wrote:
14 May 2021, 17:05
I signed myself up. $70. That's probably about $15 for a keyboard and the rest for shipping to the US.

I don't have anyplace for storage, really. I could put a bunch on my back patio and there probably wouldn't be to much of a problem until monsoon season ... but I have desert critters, my dogs, and my own and neighborhood cats roaming around.
That's good to know. I just need to seperate your payment in the list. Maybe 10 boards are even cheaper then you think.

Also guys you only need to store as much as you buy.bfor the time being we have no storage issue.

headphone_jack

14 May 2021, 20:20

It would be silly to try and piecemeal large chunks of the boards to people all over the world, especially on this limited timeframe. Get all 5k to a community member, and we can make plans from there. At the moment all we should be worried about is fundraising and logistical transport to a single person who we can trust not to sell them at a massive markup once they get their hands on the boards.

inozenz

14 May 2021, 20:29

headphone_jack wrote:
14 May 2021, 20:20
It would be silly to try and piecemeal large chunks of the boards to people all over the world, especially on this limited timeframe. Get all 5k to a community member, and we can make plans from there. At the moment all we should be worried about is fundraising and logistical transport to a single person who we can trust not to sell them at a massive markup once they get their hands on the boards.
That is what i am aiming for.
I am just checking who would be willing to pay, which amount.
And after that distribute to who ever contributed.

HalfSlav

14 May 2021, 22:05

Damn, what a find :o ! How can I sign up??

edit:nvm, found it :D I'm in for 50eur, and more if needed to get to the needed amount

Go-Kart

14 May 2021, 22:27

inozenz wrote:
Quail_lord wrote:

1. we collect the money
2. we check the goods
b. we buy the boards

This is good. You're doing the Lord's work.

inozenz

14 May 2021, 22:28

I added country to the table, to have an overview on which major countrys we have to ship to.
Also added additional infos and general infos.
If any of you can provide a proxy service contact me or write it on the table and describe your service.

Mandarbmax

15 May 2021, 01:00

I am very excited by this! May the organizers of this glorious escapade go down in keyboard history! Does anyone want me to make a discord for all this?

inozenz

15 May 2021, 01:29

Mandarbmax wrote:
I am very excited by this! May the organizers of this glorious escapade go down in keyboard history! Does anyone want me to make a discord for all this?
It would be nice to have a whatsapp group or any other direct messaging app with all the contributers.

Mandarbmax

15 May 2021, 01:33

inozenz wrote:
Mandarbmax wrote:
It would be nice to have a whatsapp group or any other direct messaging app with all the contributers.
Well you just say the word and I'll whip up a discord server in a jiffy. I don't know enough about whatsapp to help set that up though.

inozenz

15 May 2021, 01:35

Mandarbmax wrote:
inozenz wrote:
Mandarbmax wrote:
Well you just say the word and I'll whip up a discord server in a jiffy. I don't know enough about whatsapp to help set that up though.
DO IT!!!!

Mandarbmax

15 May 2021, 01:40

inozenz wrote:
15 May 2021, 01:35
Mandarbmax wrote:
inozenz wrote:

DO IT!!!!
It is made. Here is an unlimited link to the server: https://discord.gg/9FTQhfV7uq
As people come in I can customize it further to suit our needs.

Mandarbmax

15 May 2021, 03:07

As per Inozenz on the discord he will attempt to negotiate a provisional price tomorrow or so and then next weekend he will attempt to inspect the merchandise with as many other members in the area as are free so that a through inspection can be done.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

15 May 2021, 07:47

For general information, the layout is apparently Belgian AZERTY.

inozenz

15 May 2021, 11:47

I feel like i have the need to clarify a few things on the google table.
Or maybe i didin't understand this whole thing correctly.

The keyboard price will be around 0,55€ - 0,65€/keyboard (just an estimate).
It is essentially free.
Now, if you toss into the table, lets say 300€ this will get you around 600 Keyboards.
In these 300€ you are only covering the keyboard and transportation to storage cost, nothing else!
These keyboards need to be shipped after that and here comes the real hefty money you might have to spend.
Lets say you are from the US and you invest these 300€ you would need a shipping container to get your 500 keyboards, this will most likely cost you another 500€-1000€.
And i don't know if i as a private person am allowed to do this.

1Unit weights around 1,5kg-2kg, with 500 keyboards i would have to ship 1000kg of keyboard to the US.

What i am trying to say is, you can't just toss in money without thinking this through.
I am not responsible for anyone who wants a huge quantity of keyboards without being able to cover the necessary fees that will come with shipping. Or the knowledge on how to handle these huge amount of weight.

I know this is not fair for people who do not live in germany.
Just a quick info i looked up on DHL's page. 31kg, around 15 keyboard would cost 45€ for Italy. To US it would cost 105€ for the same amount.

I saw TheInversKey list 1000$ and i messaged him privatly, he said around 600€ for the keyboards and 400€ for other fees.
But this can't add up, he would have to get 1200 Keyboards, 2400kg of cargo and the price for it would be hefty.
I have never shipped something this heavy to anywhere and i don't even know if i can, please tell me that my worrys are unnecessary and you know a way to get you this amount of keyboards easly.

I added another row to the table(shipping costs) and i would appreciate if you think this throgh and put a reasonable amount to the list. 1 for the keyboards alone and 2 the willingness on how much you would pay for shipping.

And again i am sorry if i shatter some of your dreams but we have to stay reasonable or else you would have to deal with the consequences.

Rayndalf

15 May 2021, 11:53

Guess I need to sell some stuff, I'd love to have how ever many boards ~$100 can buy and ship to me. Knowing what shipping costs maybe I'll need a bit more :lol:

Return to “Keyboards”