IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

User avatar
☃☃☃

02 Mar 2018, 22:04

Those look like vintage slider over membrane.

User avatar
Daniel Beardsmore

02 Mar 2018, 22:04

That's [wiki]Mitsumi KSR Type[/wiki].

User avatar
mecano

02 Mar 2018, 22:39

☃☃☃ wrote: Is this thing at all noteworthy?

Image
only worth the package you should put it in and send it to me (I pay shipping)
Maxi Switch… really, the S key is upside down btw.

User avatar
snufflecat

02 Mar 2018, 23:24

☃☃☃ wrote: Those look like vintage slider over membrane.
Daniel Beardsmore wrote: That's [wiki]Mitsumi KSR Type[/wiki].
Thanks guys!

User avatar
Daniel Beardsmore

03 Mar 2018, 00:16

☃☃☃ wrote: Is this thing at all noteworthy?

Image
It's certainly unusual. It appears to be either Maxi Switch foam and foil or Maxi Switch reed. The former is rare, and I don't know if the latter has been seen in a keyboard (neither type seems to be on the wiki at all, but I had this recollection that those could be both reed and foam and foil).

In my mind, everything is notable to some degree, even cheap rubber dome keyboards. Either by themselves, or as a pool of knowledge, it's all valuable data to someone. Sometimes, you don't see the information that is staring you in the face for some time.

User avatar
Keybug

06 Mar 2018, 21:06

What switches might this Bull keyboard have and is it likley to be standard DIN or proprietary?

The keycaps look somewhat Fujitsu-y to me but that's just a hunch.

Quite the beauty!

User avatar
Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

06 Mar 2018, 21:09

Keybug wrote: What switches might this Bull keyboard have and is it likley to be standard DIN or proprietary?

The keycaps look somewhat Fujitsu-y to me but that's just a hunch.

Quite the beauty!
Rubber dome.

User avatar
Keybug

06 Mar 2018, 21:15

Possibly ... ;)

rich1051414

06 Mar 2018, 21:51

Keybug wrote: What switches might this Bull keyboard have and is it likley to be standard DIN or proprietary?

The keycaps look somewhat Fujitsu-y to me but that's just a hunch.

Quite the beauty!
My guess would be cherry mx black. The keycaps look like Cherry profile. Probably AT or XT, and not proprietary. Not certain about any of this, the model number KBU-2126 pulls zero results on google.

User avatar
Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

06 Mar 2018, 22:22

I've owned an almost identical Honeywell Bull, even had the same LEDs on top. Mine was a (very bad) rubberdome.

Not mine, but similar: https://get.google.com/albumarchive/113 ... mbBr8_95cV

User avatar
mike52787
Alps Aficionado

07 Mar 2018, 01:07

Keybug wrote: What switches might this Bull keyboard have and is it likley to be standard DIN or proprietary?

The keycaps look somewhat Fujitsu-y to me but that's just a hunch.

Quite the beauty!
definitely mx black with OG cherry keycaps. A very nice board.

User avatar
Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

07 Mar 2018, 01:21

As confirmed by kbdfr on another thread, this keyboard is Cherry MX Black.

User avatar
Brett MacK

07 Mar 2018, 01:49

Hey I managed to snag this lot on ebay, was wondering if anyone knew what the bottom right one is? It is similar to a lot of different designs, was curious if anyone knew for certain. This is the best picture of it.
unkown.JPG
unkown.JPG (208.16 KiB) Viewed 1373 times
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-7-vintage- ... 2749.l2649

User avatar
Noobmaen

07 Mar 2018, 01:58

Brett MacK wrote: Hey I managed to snag this lot on ebay, was wondering if anyone knew what the bottom right one is? It is similar to a lot of different designs, was curious if anyone knew for certain. This is the best picture of it.
unkown.JPG
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-7-vintage- ... 2749.l2649
wiki/Datacomp_DFK-501F/502F

User avatar
Brett MacK

07 Mar 2018, 02:04

Noobmaen wrote:
Brett MacK wrote: Hey I managed to snag this lot on ebay, was wondering if anyone knew what the bottom right one is? It is similar to a lot of different designs, was curious if anyone knew for certain. This is the best picture of it.
unkown.JPG
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-7-vintage- ... 2749.l2649
wiki/Datacomp_DFK-501F/502F
You are the best, thanks a lot :)

User avatar
Chyros

07 Mar 2018, 07:03

That is one nice haul btw Oo .

User avatar
kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Mar 2018, 08:13

Keybug wrote: What switches might this Bull keyboard have and is it likley to be standard DIN or proprietary?
Blaise170 wrote: As confirmed by kbdfr on another thread, this keyboard is Cherry MX Black.
Quite obviously the German version of the French one I own (see the switch there):
keyboards-f2/bull-keytronic-keyboard-t9607.html#p202861
No clue about its technical characteristics, though.

User avatar
Keybug

07 Mar 2018, 17:47

Chyros wrote: That is one nice haul btw Oo .
Hm, not meaning to be pessimistic, but the left-hand column sort of sucks, doesn't it? (Peerless, Qtronix, Mitsumi, Dell RD?)

On the right, there's that Datacomp Futaba (quite nice condition, so a good find) at the front. Would the one in the middle have ALPS SKCM? Blues? That would make the whole lot worthwhile, I guess. And the Everex has space invaders?

User avatar
Keybug

07 Mar 2018, 17:50

Lol, I always still struggle with identifying keycaps at first sight, just don't seem to have an eye for them. They do look like Cherry now that I know they are! They'll probably be more or less identical to the grey ones on my Commodore PC-10 keyboard.
kbdfr wrote:
Keybug wrote: What switches might this Bull keyboard have and is it likley to be standard DIN or proprietary?
Blaise170 wrote: As confirmed by kbdfr on another thread, this keyboard is Cherry MX Black.
Quite obviously the German version of the French one I own (see the switch there):
keyboards-f2/bull-keytronic-keyboard-t9607.html#p202861
No clue about its technical characteristics, though.

User avatar
Chyros

07 Mar 2018, 21:16

Keybug wrote:
Chyros wrote: That is one nice haul btw Oo .
Hm, not meaning to be pessimistic, but the left-hand column sort of sucks, doesn't it? (Peerless, Qtronix, Mitsumi, Dell RD?)

On the right, there's that Datacomp Futaba (quite nice condition, so a good find) at the front. Would the one in the middle have ALPS SKCM? Blues? That would make the whole lot worthwhile, I guess. And the Everex has space invaders?
The Qtronix is a Scorpius dome with slider, which I've found to be pretty good. The Epson is Peerless, yes, but it's not an ugly one.

User avatar
Brett MacK

11 Mar 2018, 23:57

Keybug wrote:
Chyros wrote: That is one nice haul btw Oo .
Hm, not meaning to be pessimistic, but the left-hand column sort of sucks, doesn't it? (Peerless, Qtronix, Mitsumi, Dell RD?)

On the right, there's that Datacomp Futaba (quite nice condition, so a good find) at the front. Would the one in the middle have ALPS SKCM? Blues? That would make the whole lot worthwhile, I guess. And the Everex has space invaders?
You hit them all right on the money. I am pretty happy with the haul. I going to do a full restoration and conversion on the leading edge keyboard, and clean and sell the data comp, and space invader board. I should get a free DC-2014 out of the deal haha. I am also pleasantly surprised with the Epson keyboard, the peerless switches might be my favorite light tactile switch. They are almost soft to type on, very nice for a semi mechanical switch.

User avatar
Daniel Beardsmore

12 Mar 2018, 00:12

Peerless is curious — certainly a nice try. They have the distinction of being a true "quiet click" switch, with a click that is both clear and distinct but also very subtle. One disadvantage for me is the relatively long pretravel, just as with the Model M (FKB4700 seems directly based on the Model M, but is so much quieter, offering a really nice compromise for quieter environments).

The big problem with mine is the horrendous binding on large keys (they must need lubricant) and that the space bar stiffening spring is misaligned and I can't press space at all. Plus I broke the case at some point.

memcpy

12 Mar 2018, 18:13

Hello

I just got hold of a IBM 122 key keyboard, and I'm mainly wondering if it's an Model M or Model F. (or maybe something completely different...)
It has the part number "6111086", but that does not show up anywhere on the net when searching. Could be due to the Norwegian layout perhaps?
The Keyboard
The Keyboard
keyb.jpg (576.34 KiB) Viewed 1214 times
Part Number
Part Number
partno.jpg (86.27 KiB) Viewed 1214 times
I've been using a regular Model M for a while, but the keys on this one feels different.
Any ideas?

User avatar
FXT
XT

12 Mar 2018, 18:16

Pretty sure you lucked out and that's actually an F122.

User avatar
Noobmaen

12 Mar 2018, 18:17

memcpy wrote: Hello

I just got hold of a IBM 122 key keyboard, and I'm mainly wondering if it's an Model M or Model F. (or maybe something completely different...)
It has the part number "6111086", but that does not show up anywhere on the net when searching. Could be due to the Norwegian layout perhaps?

I've been using a regular Model M for a while, but the keys on this one feels different.
Any ideas?
Metal backplate on the IBM 122 key keyboards means it's a Model F

User avatar
Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

12 Mar 2018, 18:17

Model F for sure. Metal back plate and model number starting with 6 are the surefire signs.

memcpy

12 Mar 2018, 18:37

Thanks for the replies! That is good news. :)
I will go ahead and get me one of those soarer's converters I've been reading about.

User avatar
digital_matthew

12 Mar 2018, 20:40

Congrats on the F122! As someone who uses one of these beasts as a daily driver I know you won't be disappointed. And the Soarer's Converter will let you remap all of those extra keys. Very handy! :)

Ivalop750

13 Mar 2018, 19:07

Hi guys, it's my first post here. I have tried to find information about these keyboards but I have not found much, someone knows something about them?
Fujitsu PN N860-8725-T000
https://gyazo.com/c63882568f71fc4b9e5f081a7373b34f


Chicony KB-2936

https://gyazo.com/b6c4e24d2ffa79d30a2c1747f8ca99ff
https://gyazo.com/4398d823be1b184351df91ce285e604e

For this one I don't know the model

https://gyazo.com/892ccc7b8f1ef6f96557e0f0ec1ce6bf

The last one

https://gyazo.com/abc52bdc8d76dd8d19402211c408b2f2

Thank you guys!

User avatar
Noobmaen

13 Mar 2018, 19:27

Ivalop750 wrote: Hi guys, it's my first post here. I have tried to find information about these keyboards but I have not found much, someone knows something about them?
Fujitsu PN N860-8725-T000
https://gyazo.com/c63882568f71fc4b9e5f081a7373b34f


Chicony KB-2936

https://gyazo.com/b6c4e24d2ffa79d30a2c1747f8ca99ff
https://gyazo.com/4398d823be1b184351df91ce285e604e

For this one I don't know the model

https://gyazo.com/892ccc7b8f1ef6f96557e0f0ec1ce6bf

The last one

https://gyazo.com/abc52bdc8d76dd8d19402211c408b2f2

Thank you guys!
1. Rubberdome
2. Rubberdome
3. I think mitsumi hybrid switch or rubberdome
4. I think Amstrad spring over membrane

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”