IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

Muirium
µ

31 Dec 2018, 19:04

owcze wrote: Hi, i've come again with request for identification. I know these photos are not ideal but it's all I have. Any help appreciated.
Looks a bit like a Mitsumi keyboard to me, with maybe Mitsumi miniature mechanical switches. But I’m shite at ID (I don’t eBay) so wait for a better opinion. What says Mitsumi most of all to me is the grid pattern around the navigation blocks. Those switches are mx compatible, which could agree with the oddball surely non-original caps on the numpad and up arrow…

PlacaFromHell

31 Dec 2018, 19:59

Noobmaen wrote:
IMG_3473.jpg
Does anyone know what this is? The keycaps are vaguely similar to Siemens and RAFI but have a more rectangular shape.
I saw similar keycaps on Stackpole switch grid calculators.

Findecanor

31 Dec 2018, 20:41

owcze wrote: Hi, i've come again with request for identification. I know these photos are not ideal but it's all I have. Any help appreciated.
I think DTK is a keyboard brand, so it is likely that you should be able to find more about it by googling the model number on the back of the label. That particular DTK keyboard is not in the wiki but the two in the Wiki have model numbers starting with three letters, where the third letter is K.

There are many keyboards that look similar to the middle one. The label lacks the manufacturer's name but the FCC ID is there, and there is a web service at fcc.gov somewhere where you can enter the ID and find the manufacturer and model number.

owcze

31 Dec 2018, 21:36

Findecanor wrote: There are many keyboards that look similar to the middle one. The label lacks the manufacturer's name but the FCC ID is there, and there is a web service at fcc.gov somewhere where you can enter the ID and find the manufacturer and model number.
I googled the FCC number and is says it's registered for Deyi Technology Co Ltd so i think it's Deyi foam and foil wiki/Deyi_foam_and_foil.
Findecanor wrote: I think DTK is a keyboard brand, so it is likely that you should be able to find more about it by googling the model number on the back of the label.
Sadly the label on the back is so blurry I can't read anything. I'm going to bother the seller even more for photos without keycaps. The third board has nothing but a void waranty sticker with date 08/88 so for now it is unidentifiable.
Muirium wrote: Looks a bit like a Mitsumi keyboard to me, with maybe Mitsumi miniature mechanical switches. But I’m shite at ID (I don’t eBay) so wait for a better opinion. What says Mitsumi most of all to me is the grid pattern around the navigation blocks. Those switches are mx compatible, which could agree with the oddball surely non-original caps on the numpad and up arrow…
Thanks for your lead.

Polecat

31 Dec 2018, 21:58

owcze wrote:
Findecanor wrote: I think DTK is a keyboard brand, so it is likely that you should be able to find more about it by googling the model number on the back of the label.
Sadly the label on the back is so blurry I can't read anything. I'm going to bother the seller even more for photos without keycaps. The third board has nothing but a void waranty sticker with date 08/88 so for now it is unidentifiable.
DTK was an abbreviation for Datatech, if that helps. Their earlier keyboards often had Alps switches, but this one is more likely slider over membrane.

__red__

31 Dec 2018, 23:57

So I came across this keyboard on my travels... it's buckling spring. Anyone recognize it? ;-)
k2.jpg
k2.jpg (263.65 KiB) Viewed 7137 times
k3.jpg
k3.jpg (155.87 KiB) Viewed 7137 times

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

01 Jan 2019, 00:23

__red__ wrote: So I came across this keyboard on my travels... it's buckling spring. Anyone recognize it? ;-)
k2.jpg
k3.jpg
Wcass built this.

__red__

01 Jan 2019, 04:04

mike52787 wrote: Wcass built this.
Small World :lol:

I'd better do a teardown and review of it :twisted:

RinoPog

03 Jan 2019, 11:40

Hey my guys, recenty got sent a picture of an old terminal keyboard by the looks of it - need some help on identifying it.

This is the only pic i got, from browsing around it looks like a DEC keeb with Hi-Tek switches.
Attachments
DEC.jpg
DEC.jpg (269.86 KiB) Viewed 7010 times

bronz

03 Jan 2019, 20:09

Can anyone please help me identify this 2 keyboards, and more information ??

PHILIPS 12 NC
PGA S01021

Can anyone please help me identify this 2 keyboards, and more information ??

Keybug

04 Jan 2019, 10:01

Research question:

Is there a Cherry-made fullsize vintage WKL board that has a 1u LED-window key between Alt and Ctrl on both sides? I mean like the Monterey K104, but the inserted keys both contain LEDs?

Thanks!

Keybug

04 Jan 2019, 10:04

The PGA board above should be Ortek, usually with ALPS clones...

hansichen

04 Jan 2019, 11:04

Keybug wrote: Research question:

Is there a Cherry-made fullsize vintage WKL board that has a 1u LED-window key between Alt and Ctrl on both sides? I mean like the Monterey K104, but the inserted keys both contain LEDs?

Thanks!
You probably spotted the G80-1600 on kleinanzeigen ;)

Keybug

04 Jan 2019, 13:53

Yep, on top of that Epson PC. 1600, of course, I kept thinking 1550, which of course doesn't exist, though I've harvested from some 1600s in the past...

hansichen

04 Jan 2019, 14:07

Keybug wrote: Yep, on top of that Epson PC. 1600, of course, I kept thinking 1550, which of course doesn't exist, though I've harvested from some 1600s in the past...
Actually a 1550 does exist, it's a winkey version of the Krankenkassenkartenboard (G80-150x series). This is a picture of one: Image

Hypersphere

04 Jan 2019, 15:00

Health insurance card board?

Dingster

04 Jan 2019, 15:01

Hypersphere wrote: Health insurance card board?
Yep, has a card reader on the right.

Keybug

04 Jan 2019, 15:24

Cool, don't think I've ever seen one.

kps

05 Jan 2019, 00:31

RinoPog wrote: Hey my guys, recenty got sent a picture of an old terminal keyboard by the looks of it - need some help on identifying it.

This is the only pic i got, from browsing around it looks like a DEC keeb with Hi-Tek switches.
Iskra Delta Partner

OleVoip

05 Jan 2019, 20:28

Noobmaen wrote: Image
Does anyone know what this is? The keycaps are vaguely similar to Siemens and RAFI but have a more rectangular shape.
This used to be a German army keyboard for a PC that does encrypted communication. Switches should be Sasse, cf. https://www.flickr.com/photos/triplehaa ... 2282157173
Last edited by OleVoip on 07 Jan 2019, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.

ProfTroutington

06 Jan 2019, 00:03

anybody know what switches are in a tandata td4000?

Lanrefni

06 Jan 2019, 10:55

ProfTroutington wrote: anybody know what switches are in a tandata td4000?

From what I found on this page- https://madmount.com/tandata/ it looks like the 4000 was Cherry MX,not sure which switch type though.

hansichen

06 Jan 2019, 11:04

Lanrefni wrote: From what I found on this page- https://madmount.com/tandata/ it looks like the 4000 was Cherry MX,not sure which switch type though.
That's some slider over dome with cross mount stem. The caps could be MX compatible but they don't have to be.

Dingster

07 Jan 2019, 20:35

Anyone able to tell me anything about these caps?

Myoth

07 Jan 2019, 20:49

Dingster wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 20:35
Anyone able to tell me anything about these caps?
I recall correct hypkx as some of these but in german layout. I think everything is dye-sub except the cyrilic letters which are engraved. If you can get these for cheap, go for it ! they're amazing :D
Spoiler:
EDIT : Now that I take another look at it, they might be all dye sub, the cyrilic letters look more faded, like a dye-subbed in a light colour would look like. BTW, that is not russian, right ? what language are these keycaps for ?

Dingster

07 Jan 2019, 20:51

Got them :)
Hopefully the seller doesnt pull the same thing as he did with his beamsprings :p

Myoth

07 Jan 2019, 20:53

Good luck !

(not sure if you saw that I edited my post, but I figure I'd let you know in this one)

Dingster

07 Jan 2019, 20:56

Myoth wrote:
Good luck !

(not sure if you saw that I edited my post, but I figure I'd let you know in this one)
Im 100% sure they are for serbocroatian or might actually be russian. Overall layout is YU ISO.

Dingster

07 Jan 2019, 21:02

Myoth wrote:
Good luck !

Its serbian cyrillic. They look amazing tbh :)

fohat
Elder Messenger

07 Jan 2019, 21:03

That Code key is also considered desirable.

If you buy the typewriter, be sure to look under the space bar. It will not be compatible with a Model M, but sometimes you find a little spring around the space bar barrel which stiffens it up by a good it. That can be a big help, and I like having a heavier space bar.

Return to “Keyboards”