IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

Polecat

08 Sep 2020, 00:30

PlacaFromHell wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 21:27

Thanks guys. I guess I should get it with his Focus FK-7200
I wouldn't expect "good" Alps switches in this one. Ergo boards didn't become common until the mid-'90s, and Windows keys not until 1996 or so. By then it was bamboo white or simplified, or some version of clones. Of course some people like those, nothing wrong with that.

hellothere

08 Sep 2020, 02:03

davkol wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 11:58
hellothere wrote:
07 Sep 2020, 08:38
his ad said something like, "Looks like white Alps, but can't confirm," which, of course, is code for, "They're not Alps switches."
The opposite happened to me twice. It was green and blue Alps respectively. They were just dirty.
Speaking of, I have an Adesso non-ergo keyboard that's sitting a couple feet away from me. There were at least two posters here that thought they had won the lottery because they had the same color switches my Adesso has: neon green. Oooh! Rare Alps find! Then someone pointed out that they had four tabs :{

coolrainbow20

08 Sep 2020, 18:01

Hello guys, does somebody know more about that keyboard:

Link to images: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

What's that switch?
From my understanding it's some kind of alps or alps clone. It has a black slider and feels like a pretty light tactile rubber dome switch, almost linear. But unlike many other, this require it to be pressed all the way down to be registered. The key caps are double-shot abs key caps, which can be identified by the two color mold and by comparing the color change on the top with the side of the key cap.

The slider design looks exactly like this: [wiki]wiki/SMK_Alps_mount[/wiki]

BTW: this is my first post on the forum.

PlacaFromHell

08 Sep 2020, 23:16

ntv242 wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 22:35
coolrainbow20 wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 18:01
Hello guys, does somebody know more about that keyboard:

Link to images: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

What's that switch?
From my understanding it's some kind of alps or alps clone. It has a black slider and feels like a pretty light tactile rubber dome switch, almost linear. But unlike many other, this require it to be pressed all the way down to be registered. The key caps are double-shot abs key caps, which can be identified by the two color mold and by comparing the color change on the top with the side of the key cap.

The slider design looks exactly like this: [wiki]wiki/SMK_Alps_mount[/wiki]

BTW: this is my first post on the forum.
I think this is some kind of dome with sliders. yes the caps have alps mount but they are different than normal skcm alps or skcm clones.
It looks exactly like the sliders of a Sunshine keyboard I had years ago. Nothing special, just rubberdomes and a membrane.

snuci
Vintage computer guy

09 Sep 2020, 00:08

hellothere wrote:
20 Aug 2020, 21:00
@josh68 http://vintagecomputer.ca/morrow-md-3p- ... e-computer. Still looking for switch type. I like the dials.

Nope. Nothing easily findable. A couple examples here had tall cream Alps.
Here's the switch on my keyboard linked above. I don't know what these switches are.
Morrow_keyboard.jpg
Morrow_keyboard.jpg (543.59 KiB) Viewed 441 times

hellothere

09 Sep 2020, 02:21

Looks really close to a Futaba, but not quite.

EDIT: Did a quick trip around the internet and Morrow didn't stick with one switch. They did use vintage Futaba switches and "newer" SMK, too.

bozart

09 Sep 2020, 17:08

This video shows you how to clean the keys on your computer keyboard : http://ohmondieu.ovh/video-comment-nett ... rdinateur/ :lol:

CawlScolds

15 Sep 2020, 06:09

I found the old keyboard my dad used, to work on Lotus everyday even before MS Excel and Win95 became a thing, I just remember I used to smash it a lot as a kid when I had to wait 10 minutes for a Fallout savegame to load (on a 486 w/ 16 MB RAM...) only to find out the file got corrupted, used it until 2001, tried it and still all keys are working fine except for 2 or 3 that require extra pressure to activate.
Any ideas what kind of switches these are? They have AB2 written on them and what does the A-->X switch on the bottom do?
Attachments
KEYBOARD.jpeg
KEYBOARD.jpeg (237.63 KiB) Viewed 253 times
KBSWITCH.jpeg
KBSWITCH.jpeg (213.34 KiB) Viewed 253 times

zrrion

15 Sep 2020, 06:30

That looks like a KPT switch or a KPT clone of some sort. The A>X switch is used to change the protocol between AT and XT. If you have a converter to use it on a modern computer you should leave it set to AT.
The BAE+ISO left shift is an interesting combination that you don't see a lot of.

Yasu0

15 Sep 2020, 17:58

This is on its way to me. Unlike the sight unseen Harris purchase, I have a pic. Until it arrives this is all I have.. I figure its from a medical machine or ATM, probably horrible, but what the heck. The thrill of the unknown is fun.

Any body have any guesses what is it?
Attachments
gptecno.jpg
gptecno.jpg (21.95 KiB) Viewed 179 times

Jan Pospisil

20 Sep 2020, 19:26

From the keycap roundness I assume this is a Siemens keyboard. Anyone know the model?

Return to “Keyboards”