IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

macmac9900

21 Nov 2020, 09:45

Hi all I was introduced to the world of mechanical keyboards recently by Chyrosan22 😅. Because of him I was inspired to search through my local ad listings for vintage keyboards. The Alps branded keyboard on top caught my attention however I can't seem to find out what model it is. Would anyone happen to know anything about the other keyboards as well? Thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-11-21-16-37-06-98_bb71f92a87515742bfe522efc6c7e253.jpg
Screenshot_2020-11-21-16-37-06-98_bb71f92a87515742bfe522efc6c7e253.jpg (956.87 KiB) Viewed 681 times

roselios

22 Nov 2020, 04:33

Hi, help me what is keyboard on top?
Attachments
Screenshot_20201122_132859.jpg
Screenshot_20201122_132859.jpg (298.92 KiB) Viewed 569 times

Jan Pospisil

22 Nov 2020, 11:46

roselios wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 04:33
Hi, help me what is keyboard on top?
The odd top row layout and chunky arrow keys make me think maybe Datacomp?
(not this one, but similar perhaps? wiki/Datacomp_DFK515)

Can't you ask the seller for a photo of the back label at least? Or to pop a cap?

roselios

22 Nov 2020, 14:34

Jan Pospisil wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 11:46
roselios wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 04:33
Hi, help me what is keyboard on top?
The odd top row layout and chunky arrow keys make me think maybe Datacomp?
(not this one, but similar perhaps? wiki/Datacomp_DFK515)

Can't you ask the seller for a photo of the back label at least? Or to pop a cap?
okey bro, and this seller so slow lol

roselios

22 Nov 2020, 14:38

Jan Pospisil wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 11:46
roselios wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 04:33
Hi, help me what is keyboard on top?
The odd top row layout and chunky arrow keys make me think maybe Datacomp?
(not this one, but similar perhaps? wiki/Datacomp_DFK515)

Can't you ask the seller for a photo of the back label at least? Or to pop a cap?
i have one more photo
Attachments
Screenshot_20201122_233623.jpg
Screenshot_20201122_233623.jpg (251.59 KiB) Viewed 498 times

User avatar
Polecat

22 Nov 2020, 20:07

roselios wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 14:38

i have one more photo
Looks like a DEC LK201 (terminal keyboard)

wiki/DEC_LK201

User avatar
Yurnero

22 Nov 2020, 20:42

Okay, I think I wasted like a solid hour trying to find any info about this but FCC and Model searches have left me completely empty-handed ._ . My gut is telling me it's probably going to end up being a rubber dome but there is a tiny lingering hope that says it might have Alps under the caps.
Attachments
msedge_pBlaD4gAr3.png
msedge_pBlaD4gAr3.png (597.86 KiB) Viewed 417 times
msedge_3WqK0glKQm.png
msedge_3WqK0glKQm.png (1.71 MiB) Viewed 417 times

User avatar
Polecat

22 Nov 2020, 20:53

Yurnero wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 20:42
Okay, I think I wasted like a solid hour trying to find any info about this but FCC and Model searches have left me completely empty-handed ._ . My gut is telling me it's probably going to end up being a rubber dome but there is a tiny lingering hope that says it might have Alps under the caps.
Slider over something, not Alps

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133351874286

Jan Pospisil

22 Nov 2020, 21:03

Nice caps tho.

roselios

23 Nov 2020, 03:01

Polecat wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 20:07
roselios wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 14:38

i have one more photo
Looks like a DEC LK201 (terminal keyboard)

wiki/DEC_LK201
yep, and top panel look down no top in dec lk201 lmao

User avatar
Polecat

23 Nov 2020, 03:11

roselios wrote:
23 Nov 2020, 03:01
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184204288684

Same layout exactly, could be a different version or for a DEC terminal clone?

roselios

23 Nov 2020, 05:47

Polecat wrote:
23 Nov 2020, 03:11
roselios wrote:
23 Nov 2020, 03:01
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184204288684

Same layout exactly, could be a different version or for a DEC terminal clone?
maybe

gichtl

23 Nov 2020, 11:58

Anybody knows this keyboard equipped with 2U arrow keys?

Image

(Found on https://www.nj.com/sports/2020/05/remem ... -ever.html)

Razerban

24 Nov 2020, 17:11

gichtl wrote:
23 Nov 2020, 11:58
Anybody knows this keyboard equipped with 2U arrow keys?

Image

(Found on https://www.nj.com/sports/2020/05/remem ... -ever.html)
I saw this one on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/143856701229
It's not the same but daaaaaamn those arrow keys are gorgeous!

User avatar
ddrfraser1

24 Nov 2020, 17:57

Razerban wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 17:11
daaaaaamn those arrow keys are gorgeous!
They almost have a religious quality to them don't they?

roselios

25 Nov 2020, 01:15

Hi help me
Attachments
Screenshot_20201125_101134.jpg
Screenshot_20201125_101134.jpg (369.08 KiB) Viewed 94 times
Screenshot_20201125_101158.jpg
Screenshot_20201125_101158.jpg (269.35 KiB) Viewed 94 times

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”