IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

davkol

10 Apr 2018, 07:34

BTC rubber dome (see LED sticker and Esc keycap size).

Walrustein

10 Apr 2018, 07:49

Thanks so much for the answer!

User avatar
Daniel Beardsmore

10 Apr 2018, 09:20

zrrion wrote:
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Does anyone know about either of these? The pcb of the bottom one has "Mistumi 56 8152 a" on it but I wasn't able to find any info on that.
Bottom one, hard to tell. Many Mitsumi keyboards (especially later ones) don't have a proper model number, as seems to be the case there. It reminds me of the unnamed "hybrid" type in the [wiki]Commodore SX-64[/wiki].

The top one appears to be a Texas Instruments TI99/4A keyboard altered to connect to a Sinclair ZX81, hence screwing the old ZX81 keyboard onto the case for reference. I see that ; and Enter have been swapped, too. The switches are [wiki]Futaba MD series[/wiki].

User avatar
Keybug

12 Apr 2018, 22:44

A terminal keyboard, apparently. I'm pretty sure I've seen that picture in this thread before but can't find it now. Any info? Thanks!
Attachments
this.jpg
this.jpg (122.32 KiB) Viewed 807 times

User avatar
green-squid

12 Apr 2018, 22:52

What switches does this bad boy have?
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
ScottPaladin

12 Apr 2018, 23:28

green-squid wrote: What switches does this bad boy have?
Spoiler:
Image
Some variant of Futaba, I think. (Specifically the "sealed linear" that Haata talks about here.)

User avatar
Daniel Beardsmore

12 Apr 2018, 23:38

The only type for which I could not find any part numbers or subseries names!

User avatar
ScottPaladin

12 Apr 2018, 23:46

Those keycaps are pretty killer. Not MX compatible but maybe SKCC....

User avatar
Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

13 Apr 2018, 00:34

Keybug wrote: A terminal keyboard, apparently. I'm pretty sure I've seen that picture in this thread before but can't find it now. Any info? Thanks!
Some kind of DEC LK-201 clone. Usually rubber domes or MX Blacks, though I've seen others like green Alps too.

User avatar
Daniel Beardsmore

13 Apr 2018, 00:47

Blaise170 wrote:
Keybug wrote: A terminal keyboard, apparently. I'm pretty sure I've seen that picture in this thread before but can't find it now. Any info? Thanks!
Some kind of DEC LK-201 clone. Usually rubber domes or MX Blacks, though I've seen others like green Alps too.
I saw a variant on Geekhack recently where that ribbed recess along the top held a key legend, and it was actual LK-201 layout. It turns up over and over but I don't recall anyone ever buying one and documenting it. I have a feeling I've seen a Chinese collector take more photos of one, but I lose track.

User avatar
green-squid

13 Apr 2018, 08:10

ScottPaladin wrote:
green-squid wrote: What switches does this bad boy have?
Spoiler:
Image
Some variant of Futaba, I think. (Specifically the "sealed linear" that Haata talks about here.)
Cool! Do they feel good?

User avatar
zrrion

13 Apr 2018, 09:39

Spoiler:
Image
Not an actual keeb, but I can swear that I've seen the arrow keys and the huge enter on one somewhere.

User avatar
Chyros

13 Apr 2018, 09:48

zrrion wrote:
Spoiler:
Image
Not an actual keeb, but I can swear that I've seen the arrow keys and the huge enter on one somewhere.
Epson BFK

User avatar
kbdfr
The Tiproman

13 Apr 2018, 10:05

zrrion wrote: […] Not an actual keeb, but […]
kbdfr wrote: Well, guys, you've got to live with the fact that most adults shake their heads when you write "keeb" or "keebs" […].
The positive aspect, though, is that it gives you a feeling of belonging to a cool minority.

Which, after all, is probably exactly what you're after :lol:

davkol

13 Apr 2018, 10:12

keebs4weebs

User avatar
subcat

13 Apr 2018, 10:14

Chyros wrote:
zrrion wrote:
Spoiler:
Image
Not an actual keeb, but I can swear that I've seen the arrow keys and the huge enter on one somewhere.
Epson BFK
Not just the BFK, many Japanese keyboards of this era used this layout. You can see the NEC logo in the top right, so they're most likely depicting the PC-98 line of keyboards, which was astronomically popular.
24485254652_204c9b8c6f_k.jpg
24485254652_204c9b8c6f_k.jpg (453.37 KiB) Viewed 663 times

User avatar
Mr.Nobody

13 Apr 2018, 11:47

An IBM Multistation but now with Alps switches. The switches are clicky and they seem to be compatible with Alps mount, anyone knows anything about this board?
Attachments
TIM图片20180413174048.png
Here is the screenshot from the seller(the board has sold)
TIM图片20180413174048.png (482.24 KiB) Viewed 637 times

User avatar
green-squid

13 Apr 2018, 11:48

Alps plate springs, boy

User avatar
E3E

13 Apr 2018, 11:49

Mr.Nobody wrote: An IBM Multistation but now with Alps switches. The switches are clicky and they seem to be compatible with Alps mount, anyone knows anything about this board?
It's an IBM Japan 5576-001 for the Taiwan market

User avatar
Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

13 Apr 2018, 14:55

subcat wrote:
Chyros wrote:
zrrion wrote:
Spoiler:
Image
Not an actual keeb, but I can swear that I've seen the arrow keys and the huge enter on one somewhere.
Epson BFK
Not just the BFK, many Japanese keyboards of this era used this layout. You can see the NEC logo in the top right, so they're most likely depicting the PC-98 line of keyboards, which was astronomically popular.
24485254652_204c9b8c6f_k.jpg
NEC indeed, most likely depicting this specific line:

Image

ball00n

13 Apr 2018, 15:43

So, I found this keyboard for sale, but I don't know what switches it has.
https://image.ibb.co/gEQvcS/IMG_20180413_153102_1.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/cRnK47/IMG_20180413_153114_1.jpg

Reminds me of topre and since the board was made in japan it could be a clone of some sorts.

User avatar
Drclick

13 Apr 2018, 16:15

Mr.Nobody wrote: An IBM Multistation but now with Alps switches. The switches are clicky and they seem to be compatible with Alps mount, anyone knows anything about this board?
The seller have 2 of them, I took this one.I will try to build a 60% keyboard with these switches. :D

User avatar
Daniel Beardsmore

13 Apr 2018, 19:46

ball00n wrote: So, I found this keyboard for sale, but I don't know what switches it has.
https://image.ibb.co/gEQvcS/IMG_20180413_153102_1.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/cRnK47/IMG_20180413_153114_1.jpg

Reminds me of topre and since the board was made in japan it could be a clone of some sorts.
Round mount was a common Japanese style (Topre, Mitsumi, Brother etc) but normally you have one protrusion/notch pair instead of two, but Topre does use two. See [wiki]Mitsumi simplified[/wiki] for an example of the more common style.

I've not seen this style before, but it's definitely Japanese-looking.

User avatar
hansichen

13 Apr 2018, 19:48

Drclick wrote:
Mr.Nobody wrote: An IBM Multistation but now with Alps switches. The switches are clicky and they seem to be compatible with Alps mount, anyone knows anything about this board?
The seller have 2 of them, I took this one.I will try to build a 60% keyboard with these switches. :D
I'm jealous, I love these keycaps. I wish someone would do a cherry dyesub set with such legends. Please post pictures of your build once it's finished

User avatar
PlacaFromHell

15 Apr 2018, 10:33

I can't find this Compaq model

Image

Is worth for 5 USD?

User avatar
green-squid

15 Apr 2018, 10:40

yeah. 5 bucks, what the hell.

User avatar
PlacaFromHell

15 Apr 2018, 10:42

green-squid wrote: yeah. 5 bucks, what the hell.
But I don't know even what I'm buying :? I may get it for 2 USD if I can but I don't want another foam and foil keyboard lying arround my house.

User avatar
Noobmaen

15 Apr 2018, 10:42

PlacaFromHell wrote: I can't find this Compaq model


Is worth for 5 USD?
wiki/Compaq_Enhanced_Keyboard

User avatar
Chyros

15 Apr 2018, 10:43

PlacaFromHell wrote:
green-squid wrote: yeah. 5 bucks, what the hell.
But I don't know even what I'm buying :? I may get it for 2 USD if I can but I don't want another foam and foil keyboard lying arround my house.
Very much looks like Key Tronic foam and foil, actually.

User avatar
hansichen

15 Apr 2018, 10:44

As Noobmaen already posted, it's not worth the money at all

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”