IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

User avatar
Chyros

22 Jun 2020, 06:53

I have a Gear with them as well. It's gonna be a sweary one xD .

davkol

22 Jun 2020, 12:43

I have swapped APC/Tai-Hao leaves (from older models though) into Alps SKCM Black and it improved the tactility quite a bit. The keyboards had okay doubleshot keycaps as well, but that's about it.

4_404

22 Jun 2020, 12:55

davkol wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 12:43
I have swapped APC/Tai-Hao leaves (from older models though) into Alps SKCM Black and it improved the tactility quite a bit. The keyboards had okay doubleshot keycaps as well, but that's about it.
I really like the older mechanical APCs (I have and Orteck MCK-101 with some branded/unbranded ones, best clones I've tried), but the membrane based ones are really only good for the novelty, the caps and possibly the click leaves.

krazy_bunny_gal

22 Jun 2020, 15:58

any ideas what this is? yellow alps suggest its not bad

only information on the back sticker is "north america 9281 17 01-01"

mode1ace

22 Jun 2020, 20:00

Dunno, are those caps doubleshot? The lettering sure looks sharp.

juspek

22 Jun 2020, 23:23

Looks like keyboard from Micro-Term 420 terminal https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... _keyboard/

krazy_bunny_gal

23 Jun 2020, 16:08

cheers for the help juspek :D

Razerban

23 Jun 2020, 16:24

The layout reminds of the Wyse 85 terminal and DEC LK201 Keyboards.

Lekrafter

25 Jun 2020, 02:57

Hey what's this?
Screenshot_20200624-205609_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20200624-205609_eBay.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 852 times

User avatar
Jesseg

25 Jun 2020, 03:12

Lekrafter wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 02:57
Hey what's this?
Screenshot_20200624-205609_eBay.jpg
Looks like datacomp, I know some of those came with green and blue alps, I have one of the 515AT's and that had blue alps and the same arrow keys.

User avatar
Polecat

25 Jun 2020, 04:02

The bold arrow keys say Datacomp, but that Caps Lock keycap suggests something other than Alps. I'm guessing Futaba MA switches, but that's only a maybe.

edit: looks like a Datacomp DFK-501:

wiki/Datacomp_DFK-501F/502F

uttindar

25 Jun 2020, 20:23

Could be also wiki/Datacomp_DFK555 it looks the same (I have one right now). Futaba MA switches inside.
Also I have a problem connecting it to PC for some reason and some users on this forum had similar issue.

User avatar
Polecat

29 Jun 2020, 04:01

Just found this DFK-515, apparently there *were* Alps Datacomps with the big step on the Caps Lock key:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133413851267

User avatar
Chyros

29 Jun 2020, 11:09

Polecat wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 04:01
Just found this DFK-515, apparently there *were* Alps Datacomps with the big step on the Caps Lock key:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133413851267
Yes, absolutely! Also:

Gnho

30 Jun 2020, 22:15

Anyone has experience with this one?

Image

The seller says it's Harris C1100 but I can't figure out what switches are in it. Thanks!

BadCrab

01 Jul 2020, 01:31

What sort of switches do you all think this Panasonic Business Partner 150 uses? I can't find any info through Google/Wiki on this specific model, but the Business Partner 286 used primarily Blue Alps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Busi ... 4215411472

kelvinhall05

01 Jul 2020, 02:41

BadCrab wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 01:31
What sort of switches do you all think this Panasonic Business Partner 150 uses? I can't find any info through Google/Wiki on this specific model, but the Business Partner 286 used primarily Blue Alps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Busi ... 4215411472
I can almost guarantee that is some sort of dome/scissor switch.

BadCrab

01 Jul 2020, 04:04

Makes sense, the caps are very short. Cheers

User avatar
Jesseg

01 Jul 2020, 04:32

Gnho wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 22:15
Anyone has experience with this one?

Image

The seller says it's Harris C1100 but I can't figure out what switches are in it. Thanks!
This looks a bit like NMB (space invader), but I could be wrong

Gnho

01 Jul 2020, 06:32

Jesseg wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 04:32
Gnho wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 22:15
Anyone has experience with this one?

Image

The seller says it's Harris C1100 but I can't figure out what switches are in it. Thanks!
This looks a bit like NMB (space invader), but I could be wrong
Interesting... I guess we will see when it arrives (from Egypt, God damnit)

User avatar
Chyros

01 Jul 2020, 07:24

I think it's KT F&F off the top of my head.

User avatar
Jesseg

01 Jul 2020, 08:33

Chyros wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 07:24
I think it's KT F&F off the top of my head.
Looking at the the big old style numbers you might be right actually..

Gnho

01 Jul 2020, 09:28

Never have an F&F. I know some people really hate it... I suppose I should start looking for an xwhatsit

Alectardy98

08 Jul 2020, 03:53

I have made two posts here and each time the bright minds in this sub have been able to find the answer to the questions I have. I wonder If you guys can get this one. This is a keyboard that I found from the movie the Matrix 1999. Do you guys know what it is?'

I really want to remake this keyboard and make this keycap set!
Attachments
Capture (1).PNG
Capture (1).PNG (2.08 MiB) Viewed 203 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (933.68 KiB) Viewed 203 times

Findecanor

08 Jul 2020, 04:21

Tank's keyboard in the Matrix has been ripped from (or is a replacement part for) a Macintosh PowerBook. I first read that info over on The Replica Prop Forum many years ago, but I can't find the old thread now.
(You're not the first person who have asked here) ;)

skorpionrazor

10 Jul 2020, 08:07

I've just seen this in sale. According to the seller is a Datamax At/xt keyboard model 71018 but I can't find any information about it. The whole area next to arrow keys is really weird.

Do you know what kind of switches are these?

Image

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”