IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

Rayndalf

29 Jan 2021, 19:45

webwit wrote:
29 Jan 2021, 15:51
Chyros wrote:
29 Jan 2021, 13:45
Not integrated dome, that's 1st gen Cherry MY.
Someone should go back in time, and kill it right there, like Hitler.
It's a really cool industrial colored G80-3000 (or GH80-3000) compatible case. MY is a crime, but you can rebuild it.

apb

02 Feb 2021, 00:22

any ideas? all I have is the front from a posting in local classifieds. will update as I find out more.
macintosh512kmusickeyboard.jpg
macintosh512kmusickeyboard.jpg (20.74 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
forgot to mention that it comes with a Mac 512k in the posting so I assume it's ADB. hopefully the filename made that obvious enough. I'm thinking it's for music or something
seller won't sell it separately from the mac. I've got a picture of the back now. Guy didn't want to take a cap off but sent a picture of the back FCC ID didn't give much info. It's ADB.
IMG_20210201_154650.jpg
IMG_20210201_154650.jpg (26.66 KiB) Viewed 1224 times

User avatar
kps

02 Feb 2021, 01:45

Keypad for use with score software called Music Publisher. https://web.archive.org/web/20180708212 ... ic=74103.0

User avatar
LazerCat

02 Feb 2021, 10:38

I bought this ALR branded NMB board off eBay because I think it might come with space invaders. The "AQ6ZG" part I was able to find on the wiki which confirmed my assumption, but I'm confused about the rest of the FCC ID which I can't seem to find anything on. Now I'm thinking it might be a dome with slider variation. Any thoughts?

Screenshot_20210201-201659~3.jpg
Screenshot_20210201-201659~3.jpg (229.13 KiB) Viewed 1176 times
Screenshot_20210201-201653~2.jpg
Screenshot_20210201-201653~2.jpg (315.61 KiB) Viewed 1176 times

4_404

02 Feb 2021, 14:06

LazerCat wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 10:38
I bought this ALR branded NMB board off eBay because I think it might come with space invaders. The "AQ6ZG" part I was able to find on the wiki which confirmed my assumption, but I'm confused about the rest of the FCC ID which I can't seem to find anything on. Now I'm thinking it might be a dome with slider variation. Any thoughts?
As far as I know, any NMB boards with 3 digits in the FCC ID instead of 4 are domes (apart from some RT-101s). That board also doesn't seem to have the distinctive space invaders PBT keycaps. It also has a very curved case, which suggests membrane to me. I may wrong though (in this case I'd like to be).

User avatar
LazerCat

02 Feb 2021, 14:13

Thank you, I'll post it when I get my hands on it!

John Doe

03 Feb 2021, 00:52

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154315730410

anybody could identify what switches this should be? Seems it interested alot as 10 bids so far.

4_404

03 Feb 2021, 01:06

John Doe wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 00:52
https://www.ebay.com/itm/154315730410

anybody could identify what switches this should be? Seems it interested alot as 10 bids so far.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=93529.0

User avatar
hellothere

03 Feb 2021, 16:21

Love the key caps.

trent1017

03 Feb 2021, 22:16

Hi! I just joined the forums because I have found an Ebay listing (that I have hence purchased). I know I will probably find out when I have it in my hands, but I would love to have some idea on what to expect before it arrives at my doorstep. I want to figure out what make it is, and more importantly, what kinds of switches it has. Thank you in advance for your help! Image
Image
Image

John Doe

04 Feb 2021, 01:04

Foam & foil?

User avatar
JP!

04 Feb 2021, 01:19

John Doe wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 01:04
Foam & foil?
I second this. Key Tronic Foam & Foil.

Lekrafter

04 Feb 2021, 17:44

Yep f&f for sure.

User avatar
ddrfraser1

06 Feb 2021, 22:56

Anyone know what Batman was typing on in Batman Returns?
Batman keyboard.PNG
Batman keyboard.PNG (2.96 MiB) Viewed 744 times

User avatar
kps

08 Feb 2021, 17:07

ddrfraser1 wrote:
06 Feb 2021, 22:56
Anyone know what Batman was typing on in Batman Returns?
Something pretty darn old, since it's a punch-card style layout (but not actually a punch card keyboard). In case the whole console is original rather than a prop-shop job, it might help to check nearby frames for more legible toggle switch legends.

User avatar
ddrfraser1

08 Feb 2021, 18:38

kps wrote:
08 Feb 2021, 17:07
ddrfraser1 wrote:
06 Feb 2021, 22:56
Anyone know what Batman was typing on in Batman Returns?
Something pretty darn old, since it's a punch-card style layout (but not actually a punch card keyboard). In case the whole console is original rather than a prop-shop job, it might help to check nearby frames for more legible toggle switch legends.
I had the same thought but this is basically the only/best shot in the movie that I could find.

User avatar
kps

09 Feb 2021, 00:08

Brightening a little, I'm leaning toward the keyboard being from an EBCDIC data entry terminal, maybe key-to-tape. It has a bunch of card-style operations (SKIP, REL, DUP, LEFT ZERO) but also CTRL and DISPLAY. EBCDIC because the key left of numpad 4 is ‘|’ and ‘¬’ which is an EBCDIC pair (4F/5F) and the key below that is the EBCDIC record mark ‘‡’. If you have the film, what's the key between space and RESET?

The keycaps do look very IBM but it could also be a third-party IBM-compatible.

Chippy

09 Feb 2021, 03:35

Image

model on the bottom is HY05D, brand seems to be start, switches are cherry black, keycaps are doubleshot. I know what this keyboard is, but cannot find any information about except for a single bilibili video. I am wondering if anyone has any sort of insight as to history of this thing.

User avatar
Polecat

09 Feb 2021, 03:56

Chippy wrote:
09 Feb 2021, 03:35

model on the bottom is HY05D, brand seems to be start, switches are cherry black, keycaps are doubleshot. I know what this keyboard is, but cannot find any information about except for a single bilibili video. I am wondering if anyone has any sort of insight as to history of this thing.
Terminal keyboard, DEC clone probably, I asked about those a few weeks back (partway down the page):

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=5700&p=475460

Case is Focus-style, even has the slots for the dust cover clips. Same seller has/had several listed, and one even had a "5001" (as in Focus FK-5001) badge instead of Start. I think some of them had modular plugs but this one looks like a DIN. I got "special offers" from the seller/ebay after clicking on them a couple times, I think $10 off, but I didn't buy one, MX doesn't do much for me.

Chippy

09 Feb 2021, 04:21

Polecat wrote:
09 Feb 2021, 03:56
Chippy wrote:
09 Feb 2021, 03:35

model on the bottom is HY05D, brand seems to be start, switches are cherry black, keycaps are doubleshot. I know what this keyboard is, but cannot find any information about except for a single bilibili video. I am wondering if anyone has any sort of insight as to history of this thing.
Terminal keyboard, DEC clone probably, I asked about those a few weeks back (partway down the page):

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=5700&p=475460

Case is Focus-style, even has the slots for the dust cover clips. Same seller has/had several listed, and one even had a "5001" (as in Focus FK-5001) badge instead of Start. I think some of them had modular plugs but this one looks like a DIN. I got "special offers" from the seller/ebay after clicking on them a couple times, I think $10 off, but I didn't buy one, MX doesn't do much for me.
Hmm okay, I still cannot seem to find any other pics of the keycaps, which appear to be thin dcs doubleshot with thicker legends. This is the only video I can find on the chinese version similar to what I have https://www.bilibili.com/video/av926244766/

User avatar
Polecat

09 Feb 2021, 04:54

Chippy wrote:
09 Feb 2021, 04:21

Hmm okay, I still cannot seem to find any other pics of the keycaps, which appear to be thin dcs doubleshot with thicker legends. This is the only video I can find on the chinese version similar to what I have https://www.bilibili.com/video/av926244766/
Check out the MX (Futaba) caps here to see if they might be a match:

wiki/Focus_FK-8000

That's just a wild guess, but if Focus built these keyboards they might use the same caps.

Chippy

09 Feb 2021, 05:00

Yeah not seeing any with these keycaps, super odd. I know they are probably common as hell in china, just bizarre I cannot find any pics of another board with them. I will take the board apart and clean it when I get it in.

User avatar
Lalaland124

09 Feb 2021, 09:24

Heyo, does anyone know what switches this keyboard has :3?
Attachments
105_1284297737.jpg
105_1284297737.jpg (52.57 KiB) Viewed 512 times
105_860934484.jpg
105_860934484.jpg (26.8 KiB) Viewed 512 times

Jan Pospisil

09 Feb 2021, 09:29

Looks like a Bull branded Zenith, iirc Zeniths with this square tree logo are rubber domes.
edit: I think it's a "Zenith SK-2000RE".

User avatar
leetuser

12 Feb 2021, 09:21

Does anyone know anything about the Packard Bell T0303? I can't find anything at all.
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (425.95 KiB) Viewed 395 times
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg (173.04 KiB) Viewed 395 times
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg (181.39 KiB) Viewed 395 times

xxhellfirexx

12 Feb 2021, 09:42

leetuser wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 09:21
Does anyone know anything about the Packard Bell T0303? I can't find anything at all.
Its some BTC foam and foil judging from the feet and back panel.

wiki/BTC_53_series

xxhellfirexx

12 Feb 2021, 09:45

Lalaland124 wrote:
09 Feb 2021, 09:24
Heyo, does anyone know what switches this keyboard has :3?
Silitek rubber domes.


viewtopic.php?t=8236

User avatar
leetuser

12 Feb 2021, 10:04

xxhellfirexx wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 09:42

Its some BTC foam and foil judging from the feet and back panel.

wiki/BTC_53_series
Thank you. That certainly fits the description.

User avatar
Lalaland124

13 Feb 2021, 13:44

Found this old 1982 Philips Keyboard:

Anyone know what switches those are?
Attachments
Screenshot_20210213-134345__01.jpg
Screenshot_20210213-134345__01.jpg (212.44 KiB) Viewed 283 times
Screenshot_20210213-134112__01.jpg
Screenshot_20210213-134112__01.jpg (336.13 KiB) Viewed 283 times

Findecanor

13 Feb 2021, 15:38

Lalaland124 wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 13:44
Found this old 1982 Philips Keyboard:

Anyone know what switches those are?
viewtopic.php?p=478505#p478505

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”