Topre 45g vs 55g

igro

19 Aug 2011, 18:04

Good time of the day deskthority user!

Can you tell me the difference in tactile action of 45 vs 55 g switches? Which one gives the most "bump"? I've never tried a topre switch before and now i feel that the time has come to buy one even weighted keyboard. Any input is welcome.

RiGS

19 Aug 2011, 19:10

The bump is lighter on the 45g.
The 55g has a much more pronounced bump, and it is not possible avoid bottoming out while typing.

Topre switches compared to the Cherries have a smoother frictionless feel, and the tactile bump is at the top of the switch, then the resistance quickly drops and you end up bottoming out them, though the landing has a nicer feel.

Mrinterface

27 Aug 2011, 12:54

These are my personal preferences and might help you ( I own 3 topre keyboards : 1 55g uniformly weighted, 1 variable weighted and 1 Happy Hacking keyboard with 45 g weighting ):

1. I don't really like the weighted topre realforces. This is a personal preference though. Also for gaming it is much better to have uniformly weighted keys since I tend to accidentally press the 'a' key a lot when gaming on a weighted topre.
2. The 55g switches on a topre keyboard are a bit too hard to press in my opinion. I like the 45g weighting much better ( Like the one on my happy hacking pro 2 ) My fingers get less tired on a 45g weighted topre.

Currently I am looking for an all 45g weighted white tenkeyless realforce ( yes, white : since I can't read the legends on a black topre which is a pain when entering passwords for instance ).

Regards.

heliar

16 Nov 2011, 17:43

that helps me too.

ripster

16 Nov 2011, 19:11

Engineers really fucked up with the a and ; keys being weighted - it's called the HOME ROW for a reason!

Japanese Topre Engineers must not be able to touchtype, let alone WASD game.

Return to “Keyboards”