What kind of keyboard switch is this?

ynih

09 Feb 2011, 06:51

Does anybody know what kind of switching mechanism is in this board? it's SOOO stiff! my fingers get tired just resting on it, because it feels linear and has no tactile response.

The back of the keyboard says: G81-1800LPMUS-2

I don't think the keycaps are anything special, but would like to know what they are though.

Image

Image

User avatar
Brian8bit

09 Feb 2011, 07:04


ripster

09 Feb 2011, 07:09

Please refer to the Cherry Wiki.

Oh wait, WHAT forum is this again? And what country is it is in because I need to look up the age of consent????
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “DESKTHORITY” is hosted or International Law.
Oblig Abusive, Obscene, Vulgar, Slanderous, Hateful, Threatening Pic. No sex though so please don't report me to InterPol.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4147/495 ... 7f61_z.jpg

ynih

09 Feb 2011, 07:15

Lol rip...you're my fav :)

ynih

09 Feb 2011, 07:16

In other words, do these keys just SUCK?

Edit: found something here to read...
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=8576

Guess I'll be packing this in a box and saving it..

User avatar
Ascaii
The Beard

09 Feb 2011, 09:17

ynih wrote:In other words, do these keys just SUCK?

Edit: found something here to read...
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=8576

Guess I'll be packing this in a box and saving it..
the case and caps should be compatible with g80-1800 mechs with black switches. Get a cheap, white g80-1800 and turn yours into a pretty, black mech.

User avatar
sixty
Gasbag Guru

09 Feb 2011, 11:23

Ascaii wrote:
ynih wrote:In other words, do these keys just SUCK?

Edit: found something here to read...
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=8576

Guess I'll be packing this in a box and saving it..
the case and caps should be compatible with g80-1800 mechs with black switches. Get a cheap, white g80-1800 and turn yours into a pretty, black mech.
Depends on the revision. Spacebar is most likely not gonna work out if the board was made after 1998.

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

09 Feb 2011, 11:41

ripster wrote:And what country is it is in because I need to look up the age of consent????
It is hosted in Texas, the center of civilization.

Image

User avatar
Mrinterface

09 Feb 2011, 12:04

ripster wrote:Please refer to the Cherry Wiki.

Oh wait, WHAT forum is this again? And what country is it is in because I need to look up the age of consent????
Welcome Rip! Good to have you around....

itlnstln

09 Feb 2011, 13:57

webwit wrote:
ripster wrote:And what country is it is in because I need to look up the age of consent????
It is hosted in Texas, the center of civilization.

Image
Where did you get that pic of my dad and uncle-brother?

User avatar
daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

10 Feb 2011, 00:00

This site is a highly elaborate troll in order to distract Ripster from whining about arrow keys on the HHKB.

User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

10 Feb 2011, 00:12

itlnstln wrote:Where did you get that pic of my dad and uncle-brother?
I thought they were working at Unicomp?
daskeyboard.gif
daskeyboard.gif (58.43 KiB) Viewed 1751 times

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”