Where do i get these keycaps? (or similar)

kernel

15 Aug 2015, 02:10

Hello, guys.
So i saw the old group-buy on Massdrop with the build-your-own keyboard KC60, and i immediately felt in love with these dye-sublimated keycaps.

This is a screenshot of how they look.

Please, where can i find these? Thanks.

EDIT: I have found similar looking ones on Tao-Bao, is there a way to buy them elsewhere then there?

-kernel

wlhlm
~

15 Aug 2015, 09:35

These are enjoyPBT caps, dyesub Gateron PBT.

They are only available on Taobao at the moment, but it looks like there will be a group buy on Geekhack soon.

kernel

15 Aug 2015, 13:32

Thanks for info, will check it out!

chanlol

15 Aug 2015, 17:29

As i known only one way to get those dyesub keycaps is from Taobao.

cookie

21 Aug 2015, 17:48

These are so beautiful, that is a reason to have printed caps!

http://world.taobao.com/item/4501289043 ... 5kD#detail
wow even with short right shift and FN key, I am in absolute love: http://world.taobao.com/item/5212802006 ... 5kD#detail

Hypersphere

11 Oct 2015, 00:52

In today's mail was a KC60 from Massdrop with Cherry mx browns and dye-sub PBT keycaps. My first impression is that I like the KC60 better than the Poker II and about the same as the Pok3r. The build quality seems better than that of the V60MTS-C, but I prefer the Matias switches to any variety of Cherry mx switch.

My KC60 has white LEDs under all the caps, but I have not yet tried programming the board, and I do not yet know how to activate the LEDs. For the moment, I am using my ATNsoft Key Manager software to remap the KC60 to my semblance of a HHKB layout -- this works extremely well, but it would be nice to have this layout programmed into the board itself.

The keycaps on the KC60 are very good for stock keycaps -- certainly better than the usual stock ABS caps and better than the Vortex PBT caps on the Poker II or Pok3r, but not as nice as the dye-sub PBT caps on Topre RF, HHKB Pro 2, or vintage IBM keyboards. The font on my KC60 caps does not look quite the same as depicted on the Taobao site; for example, the "R" is narrower.

The clearance of the caps on the KC60 needs to be slightly higher to avoid clashing with the LEDs on some keys, such as Tab and Backslash. It would be nice if these caps were available in OEM profile -- I put some Ducky dye-sub PBT OEM profile caps on the KC60, and the higher profile did not clash with any of the LEDs.

Return to “Keyboards”