Amcol keyboard?

sandric

04 Oct 2015, 21:01

Hey there. Does anyone knows anything about this keyboard?
I found it here http://dnepropetrovsk.dnp.olx.ua/obyavl ... 505578a3bf - this is smth like Ukrainian ebay, but I can't find no info whatsoever about it. Anyone know is it mechanical or membrane? If yes - what switches. Thx.

Findecanor

04 Oct 2015, 21:35

Hmm.. Hard to tell. Someone would probably think of Acer, but none of theirs that I know of are a direct match.
A search on the FCC ID gave the manufacturer's name as "Limtech Industrial Co" in Taiwan, filed in Aug 1991. I have never heard of them before. :(

The "plate" behind the keys looks grey. Sometimes plate-mounted switches do get a grey plate but if it was a rubber dome keyboard with the barrel plate as part of the case top then it would also look grey.

I would not bet on it being mechanical. Maybe if it was really inexpensive, it would be worth buying in the chance that the keycaps would be Alps-compatible. Keyboards with Alps-compatible sliders over rubber domes are not that unusual.
Last edited by Findecanor on 05 Oct 2015, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

terrycherry

05 Oct 2015, 06:02

I'm 90% sure it's mechanical and the switch might be the TEC switch(ALPS mount).
Because the manufacture of "Limtech Industrial Co" always make keyboard with TEC switch and the FCCID with "ISNJK-XXX".
I owned the "ISNJK-268" keyboard which has the white slider of TEC switches!
And alps.tw owned the "ISNJK-168/268/RB88" keyboard which has the white and yellow slider of TEC switches!
You should buy and try it!
I hope to see that "SNJK-323" keyboard with yellow slider on some keys!

sandric

05 Oct 2015, 15:46

Well, mine is not mechanical(. Simple membrane one, although its keycaps is pretty strange ones - it has little piece inside that make it looks like mechanical alps switch one if you pop out button... Pretty strange, even looks like they wanted it to looks like mechanical haha))).
Good that I gave not much for it - smth like 4 bucks.

terrycherry

05 Oct 2015, 16:10

oh, but 4bucks still a great deal with it!
Alps membrane have many variants. What is the slider like? Take any picture,please.

sandric

09 Oct 2015, 09:20

Hm, I don't know why, but it looks like my reply was not posted, and I realized it just now, may be I pressed some other button.. Anyway, I made those photos for anyone who is also found that kb (although as I found its pretty hard), here they are, and sorry for a little blur in photos, I did my best)):

That white thing is total mystery for me :D

Chyros

09 Oct 2015, 09:42

That's the slider, no? Oo

Also, the mold on the casing is way too big for the slider, it would appear. Are these very wobbly by any chance?

sandric

09 Oct 2015, 10:00

Well, yes, its slide up and down, top connect to keycap, bottom pushes on rubber, or what you ment? Wobbly you mean when pressing button - if yes then no, keypressing is smooth and pretty easy, I like that in keyboards. Or I didn't understood your question?))

Chyros

09 Oct 2015, 11:07

sandric wrote: Well, yes, its slide up and down, top connect to keycap, bottom pushes on rubber, or what you ment? Wobbly you mean when pressing button - if yes then no, keypressing is smooth and pretty easy, I like that in keyboards. Or I didn't understood your question?))
Yeah, that's called the slider. With wobbly I meant its sideways stability; when you wiggle the button back and forth rather than pressing it down, does it move a lot?

sandric

09 Oct 2015, 11:33

Chyros wrote:
sandric wrote: Well, yes, its slide up and down, top connect to keycap, bottom pushes on rubber, or what you ment? Wobbly you mean when pressing button - if yes then no, keypressing is smooth and pretty easy, I like that in keyboards. Or I didn't understood your question?))
Yeah, that's called the slider. With wobbly I meant its sideways stability; when you wiggle the button back and forth rather than pressing it down, does it move a lot?
Oh, now I get it. Well, I think yes, I think you can say so, although I think I have not so much exp. to compare, but it woggles. To compare just to some degree I would say it woggles more then apple pro kb, like that one Image, sorry if its not tell you much, but thats what I currently using (which I actually likes that I believe will fell strange to all here, haha).

terrycherry

09 Oct 2015, 15:02

sandric: Thanks for the good quality picture. I'm shocked when I see that alps membrane switches which are simple indeed without any mechanical parts!
Not like "Alps moulded spring over membrane" and "Alps spring over membrane".
Your keyboard switch clone more like the "Tai-Hao membrane"!
reference: http://kbd.rzw.jp/membrane/kachen_kb-8000/#more-2295

I never seen that variants before your posted the keyboard. It could be call "Alps slider over membrane".
It should be linear,right?

sandric

09 Oct 2015, 16:25

Linear, what you mean? Oh, dear, I need to dig into dt wiki haha)). If you mean if its linear time of pushing, I have no clue, I haven't even tried to plug it into computer, I have no din to ps/2 right now..

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

09 Oct 2015, 16:29

I've never seen that variant either, but I know there are lots of Alps clones. And quite a few we have yet to see.

Hypersphere

09 Oct 2015, 16:31

"Linear" in the context of mechanical keyboards refers to a simple spring compression mechanism where the force (F) required to compress the spring is directly proportional to the displacement distance (x) , F = kx. This is Hooke's law.

sandric

09 Oct 2015, 16:38

Oh, now I see, thanks for explaining, Hypersphere. Well, I can not say anything about that then, since that one has no spring - only rubber dome, so I think its linearity is equal to anything similar to rubber dome membrane, also there's no mechanism, as that is not mechanical kb, although looks like that young lady tries really hard to look like one)).

sandric

09 Oct 2015, 16:52

Oh, I recently found out on geekhack from one message (I created similar theme there too when I was thinking to buy or not that kb), that smbd my want to get those keycaps. Anyway, if you want those, I can give those to you since I have nothing to do with this kb anyway, if you willing to pay delivery - I found out recently that delivery rates from Ukraine is pretty high IDK why, so I assume you from europe, other way it will costs a lot)). Just in case anyone wants though, just write me and I will send those to you, no problem for me.

Muirium
µ

09 Oct 2015, 19:42

Lovely caps. You should really demand money for them! I'd take them, but it feels like stealing!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

09 Oct 2015, 21:03

sandric where are you located? Please add your country of residence to your profile. :-)

gogusrl

10 Oct 2015, 09:12

he said Ukraine in his last post. Those caps look awesome, anyone called dibs on them yet ? :)

sandric

13 Oct 2015, 14:23

Oh, yes, thanks gogusrl, its Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk. Already added location to account, sorry for that.

zzyjayfree

06 Jul 2021, 15:43

A little late to the party, but I have a local seller posted this on kijiji( Canadian version of Craigslist) I’ll update once I have it. Seller is too afraid to remove the caps to check.

Return to “Keyboards”