At the End of the Day, Which Keyboard do You Actually Use?

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

19 Feb 2016, 05:37

XMIT wrote: I'm still coming to decisions regarding key caps and switches. For example, the other day I put SA Retro on one of my MX Clear boards and now I like it. I couldn't stand it on the Novatouch. So odd.

But I have come to one important decision: TKL is the form factor for me. I like for the arrow keys and nav cluster to always be in the same place and I like function keys. I can maybe tolerate a slightly different bottom row. Maybe.
I agree with this statement. I can do without numpad but I need my nav cluster. I can't stand having to press function keys in order to use pgdwn, home, del, etc. Part of the reason I really want some TKL alps PCB's. I don't like the lock lights on the V80 and a kingsaver is out of my budget.

The other layout I like is the F122 layout actually and its the keyboard I use the most. I'm typing on it right now in fact. I love the room it gives me. Its having a whole layout kingdom with the northern icy enclave of 24 F keys, alpha heartlands, lair of the 10 F keys to the western territories, the city of navigation to the west border, and the soon to be gone digit island to the far west sea. All in front of me every time I type. :mrgreen:

Thumper
knock knock

19 Feb 2016, 09:13

As its currently my only board, i use a b.87 daily at work and at home.
Its a board mixed with blacks, reds, clears, browns and one blue, as i like the light reds on letters for typing, the browns on modifiers and blacks in space/arrows. All the F-Keys and the right home/end/pgup/pgdn block has clears. In esc i have a blue just for the click.
All switches are sip socketed and not lubed.
Keycaps are thick PBT caps from Ducky in Blue/Grey with engraved german letters.

Moufinure

20 Feb 2016, 13:05

Hypersphere wrote: @Moufinure: That's quite a rotation you have there. I like to pull keyboards off the shelves for a change of pace once in a while. After using my silenced HHKB Pro 2 steadily for months, yesterday I switched to my V60 with Matias Click switches -- this thing has plenty of tactile feedback and it is LOUD! I think it rivals or exceeds the decibels emitted by my buckling spring boards, but it is quite fun to type on.
Hmm, compared to some people on this forum, my collection is quite small. (Nobody compares to HaaTa :))

Actually, I'm thinking of expanding my little collection with some ALPS-equipped boards... Just to try it out if I can't test them before buying.

Hypersphere

20 Feb 2016, 15:21

Redmaus wrote:
XMIT wrote: I'm still coming to decisions regarding key caps and switches. For example, the other day I put SA Retro on one of my MX Clear boards and now I like it. I couldn't stand it on the Novatouch. So odd.

But I have come to one important decision: TKL is the form factor for me. I like for the arrow keys and nav cluster to always be in the same place and I like function keys. I can maybe tolerate a slightly different bottom row. Maybe.
I agree with this statement. I can do without numpad but I need my nav cluster. I can't stand having to press function keys in order to use pgdwn, home, del, etc. Part of the reason I really want some TKL alps PCB's. I don't like the lock lights on the V80 and a kingsaver is out of my budget.

The other layout I like is the F122 layout actually and its the keyboard I use the most. I'm typing on it right now in fact. I love the room it gives me. Its having a whole layout kingdom with the northern icy enclave of 24 F keys, alpha heartlands, lair of the 10 F keys to the western territories, the city of navigation to the west border, and the soon to be gone digit island to the far west sea. All in front of me every time I type. :mrgreen:
Sounds like a veritable Middle Earth right there on your desk. You should expand on this in the form of a keyboard saga, "Lord of the Pings". (Ouch, that was really bad -- but I couldn't resist).

fohat
Elder Messenger

20 Feb 2016, 17:01

Hypersphere wrote:
Redmaus wrote:
Its having a whole layout kingdom with the northern icy enclave of 24 F keys, alpha heartlands, lair of the 10 F keys to the western territories, the city of navigation to the west border, and the soon to be gone digit island to the far west sea. All in front of me every time I type.
Sounds like a veritable Middle Earth right there on your desk. You should expand on this in the form of a keyboard saga, "Lord of the Pings".
My feelings, too. Although those last 2 "wests" should be "easts" shouldn't they?

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

20 Feb 2016, 17:27

Oh right navigation island and digit island should be east.

Not sure what I was thinking there.

"Lord of the Pings" :lol:

Hypersphere

20 Feb 2016, 18:21

@Redmaus: Just noticed the name of your mouse.
SlingBlade.jpg
SlingBlade.jpg (58.46 KiB) Viewed 2609 times
"Some folks call it a SlimBlade."

fohat
Elder Messenger

20 Feb 2016, 21:43

Redmaus wrote:
"Lord of the Pings" :lol:
Hard to challenge 8.25 pounds and 200 square inches (3.75 kg and 1300 square cm in non-Imperial measure).

JinzoDefiler

20 Feb 2016, 21:49

I actually did give my Model M the name of Rambler. It's named for the Car and not the song.

Muirium
µ

21 Feb 2016, 13:28

Pity. The song's better.

illitirit

21 Feb 2016, 22:05

@Hypersphere:

Just want to thank you for your rings. I recently purchased them from your ebay store and with the combination of your rings + krytox 206 / 1506 I have fallen in love again with my 55g HHKB. Its so perfect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QNcpkEYnI8

JinzoDefiler

21 Feb 2016, 22:36

Muirium wrote: Pity. The song's better.

Actually was thinking of this song. I've never heard of the other but it does sound really awesome! Man love that guitar work.

Return to “Keyboards”