Hey, it's alive!!! Feedback on ideas wanted....

Mrinterface

12 Oct 2011, 19:53

Hi,

After being ill for quite some time I finally feel good enough to implement a few of my (many) ideas ( beside open sink :-) )

I thought I'd share two of them with you :

1. I am currently writing a keyboard simulator ( like the one on www.mrinterface.com/simulators ) only this time it is going to be native. This means the program will run in the background and generate the click sound of a selected keyboard type each time you press a key. It is written in Java so it should run on all major platforms. Preliminary tests show this is a feasible solution for people loving the sound of a certain keyboard but aren't able to get one. :-)

2. The native keyboard simulator also gives me the opportunity to write something that will run in the background and using a speech synthesizer speak out any word that is typed. In my opinion this will really help typing blind since you don't have to look at the screen anymore, the computer will voice the words you type.

Any feedback on both ideas is welcome. I just started writing code for these ideas because I'd like to learn a new programming language( I selected Java because it is multiplatform and clean OO )

Regards.

webwit
Wild Duck

12 Oct 2011, 20:04

Cool! I'm already running the HHKB Professional 2 Silent app, works perfectly! (staying ahead of ripster one bad joke at a time...)

Mrinterface

12 Oct 2011, 20:07

webwit wrote:Cool! I'm already running the HHKB Professional 2 Silent app, works perfectly! (staying ahead of ripster one bad joke at a time...)
Har har har.....

I do agree we have to stay ahead of Ripster.... :-)

webwit
Wild Duck

12 Oct 2011, 20:16

Personally I'm waiting for the HHKB Pro 2 Silent Camouflage edition, the stuff of real ninjas.

ndp

12 Oct 2011, 21:33

Mrinterface wrote: ...
1. I am currently writing a keyboard simulator ( like the one on http://www.mrinterface.com/simulators ) only this time it is going to be native. This means the program will run in the background and generate the click sound of a selected keyboard type each time you press a key. It is written in Java so it should run on all major platforms. Preliminary tests show this is a feasible solution for people loving the sound of a certain keyboard but aren't able to get one. :-)
Cool! I can really imagine myself, at work, typing on my HHKB with the sound of the white alps in the headphone!

ripster

12 Oct 2011, 21:53

Webwit beat me to it!

"Native Keyboard Simulator" is not the preferred nomenclature.

It's "Indigenous Keyboard Simulator".

itlnstln

12 Oct 2011, 22:03

I can imagine someone typing with a blindfold using feature number 2. Truly ninja.

Return to “Keyboards”