My switch collection

Chyros

02 Apr 2016, 14:44

Here's what I've amassed so far! Thanks so much to the people who helped me build this collection! :D

See how many you can recognise ;) .

Chyros

02 Apr 2016, 14:48

Oops, link fixed xD .

HAL

02 Apr 2016, 14:57

Boah :o

Scarpia

02 Apr 2016, 16:03

This is impossible, but I'll play. Row for row, I see, roughly:
(I won't try to list all the colors, as I'm colorblind and it's impossible for me to see in a photo like that)

1) Cherry, Razer, ???
2) Alps, ???
3) Acer, Matias, Tai Hao?, USw
4) Omron, ???, Futaba, Space Invaders, Alps SKFL
5) ??????? and various non-MX Cherries
6) Same as row 5
7) Kailh
8) Gateron, Noppoo?, ???
9) Greetech?, Outemu, ???!?!

Great collection Chyros-- even if I can't recognize half of them :)

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

02 Apr 2016, 16:10

Here is my MX compatible collection:

It doesn't have my Alps compatible or assorted other (RAFI, SMK, Mitsumi, etc). Nice collection Chyros!

Scarpia

02 Apr 2016, 16:54

Nice board, Blaise! Next step: add relegendable (or custom dyesub!) keycaps with each switch type printed on the keys themselves :)

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

02 Apr 2016, 17:04

Adn then organize a DT tour!

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

02 Apr 2016, 17:08

Well I currently have them all desoldered again but I did have clear keys on it. I've now got Gateron Greens on it and the switches will go on my Rapoo since I can't stand it and it's pretty much worthless. But I don't wanna derail Chyros' thread. :P

Chyros

02 Apr 2016, 19:18

Scarpia wrote: This is impossible, but I'll play. Row for row, I see, roughly:
(I won't try to list all the colors, as I'm colorblind and it's impossible for me to see in a photo like that)

1) Cherry, Razer, ???
2) Alps, ???
3) Acer, Matias, Tai Hao?, USw
4) Omron, ???, Futaba, Space Invaders, Alps SKFL
5) ??????? and various non-MX Cherries
6) Same as row 5
7) Kailh
8) Gateron, Noppoo?, ???
9) Greetech?, Outemu, ???!?!

Great collection Chyros-- even if I can't recognize half of them :)
Nope, quite a few wrong actually ;) . Although of course it's not the highest quality photo so it's pretty hard to see some of them xD . Here's a list for those interested, hopefully it'll be useful for people to help with switch identification in the field or on eBay :D .

1) Cherry MX, Razer, unknown brown clone, Aristotle, TJA, Nixdorf black
2) Alps SKCL/SKCM, Kaiche blue
3) Alps SKBL/SKBM, Matias, Alps clones
4) Omron, KPT, upside-down KPT clone, Acer, SMK 2nd gen, Space Invaders, Alps SKFL, NEC ovals
5) Siemens STB-11, SteelSeries QS1, Romer-G, Cherry MY, Key Tronic foam and foil, Tokai & Kwanda, Sasse, MEC, Mitsumi standard & miniature, Fujitsu magnetic reed
6) Cherry ML short & tall, M8, Mitsumi blue bar, Alps common mount & SKFS, Futaba low-profile, simplified & complicated, SMK, Hell on Earth switch, Alps SKCC, Cherry M5, ASM magnetic reed & metal contact
7) Kaihua
8) Gateron, TTC, Greetech
9) Noppoo, Outemu, Cherry "mousetrap" SPDT & SPST, Honeywell magnetic reed
Last edited by Chyros on 02 Apr 2016, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

02 Apr 2016, 19:27

What is your favorite switch of each category?

Ex favorite linear switch, favorite tactile, etc

Chyros

02 Apr 2016, 19:45

Redmaus wrote: What is your favorite switch of each category?

Ex favorite linear switch, favorite tactile, etc
  • Fav clicky: Alps SKCM blue, capacitive buckling spring
  • Fav tactile: Alps SKCM orange/salmon, Topre
  • Fav linear: Alps SKCL green, Honeywell Hall effect 55g
Seems like I'm an Alps fan, come to think of it xD . Note that I haven't included switches that I don't have in a keyboard since loose switches are a very poor way to judge keyfeel properly.

scottc

02 Apr 2016, 19:47

Get this man a beam spring, stat!

Scarpia

02 Apr 2016, 19:47

Ha! I knew I was in over my head there, but a fun challenge nevertheless :)

Chyros

02 Apr 2016, 20:11

Scarpia wrote: Ha! I knew I was in over my head there, but a fun challenge nevertheless :)
No man, you probably got more right than most people would ;) .
scottc wrote: Get this man a beam spring, stat!
I'm working on it xD . Not so easy to get one though, especially if you don't have a lot of money :p .

terrycherry

04 Apr 2016, 15:50

Lots of MX switch and Alps swith you had. I'm collecting the clone of them. Hope you can help to identify which keyboard have them.
I can see some rare new switches you maybe brought from Daniel. I hope to have one of them,especially the 1960s Cherry switch.

alh84001
v.001

18 Sep 2016, 09:31

@chyros any new arrivals in the last 6 months? I don't think I see SKCM Amber in the pic, so that would be one :)

Further looking at Alps, SKCM Brown and SKCM Cream undamped are missing from more "common" ones. And I would put old and new SKCM blacks there, although they look the same.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

18 Sep 2016, 10:48

@Chyros
Did already have these two switches?
IMG_20160918_104347.jpg
IMG_20160918_104347.jpg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 4606 times

Chyros

18 Sep 2016, 12:58

alh84001 wrote: @chyros any new arrivals in the last 6 months? I don't think I see SKCM Amber in the pic, so that would be one :)

Further looking at Alps, SKCM Brown and SKCM Cream undamped are missing from more "common" ones. And I would put old and new SKCM blacks there, although they look the same.
Yes, I have a few new ones, including SKCM Amber. Don't worry, I didn't take that out of my Apple keyboard, that'd be sacrilege :) . SKCM Brown is in that picture, but SKCM Cream isn't, I have neither a keyboard nor a loose switch of that. I don't have a loose pine SKCM Black switch actually, I have a whole board with them though. One of them is an SKBL Black iirc.
hypkx wrote: @Chyros
Did already have these two switches?
IMG_20160918_104347.jpg
No =o . They look tasty though :D . Don't have the MX lock either!

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

18 Sep 2016, 15:43

I have some more from then, will probably build a 60%board out of them and sell the remaining switches, I will message you when I have them all desoldered. It wasn't that easy to get that lock switch, so he stays at my keyboard :) .

Chyros

18 Sep 2016, 16:41

Thanks! :)

Maybe I should post a new photo and/or a list of the switches I've collected so far, as well.

devucci

18 Jun 2019, 04:54

Hello Chyros!
I have a strange switches here.... They are some kind of a alps clones but i am nowhere near to any idea what kind of alps clone are they.. can u take me a hint? :)
Thanks!
Attachments
2019-06-18 04.48.10.jpg
2019-06-18 04.48.10.jpg (4.41 MiB) Viewed 3817 times
2019-06-18 04.46.36.jpg
2019-06-18 04.46.36.jpg (2.71 MiB) Viewed 3817 times

Chyros

18 Jun 2019, 07:12

They look like KPT clones actually, never seen that variety though Oo .

Return to “Keyboards”