Plum Nano75 Electrastatic Capacitive Bluetooth RGB Keyboard

Zombimuncha

06 Oct 2016, 10:46

Can it be set up so that the arrow keys are arrows if you tap them (I guess firing on the upstroke) and only become Alt Ctrl etc if chorded with another key?

geostation

14 Oct 2016, 07:36

is this bluetooth 4 LE? also is there a black/acrylic version thats planned ?

mech greenhand

14 Oct 2016, 15:34

geostation wrote: is this bluetooth 4 LE? also is there a black/acrylic version thats planned ?
Bluetooth 4.0 is underway. It is planned to have the non-backlit nano75 keyboard with 4.0 bluetooth within another 30 days.

Zombimuncha

18 Oct 2016, 09:39

Zombimuncha wrote: Can it be set up so that the arrow keys are arrows if you tap them (I guess firing on the upstroke) and only become Alt Ctrl etc if chorded with another key?
To answer my own question:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41685.0
It's possible via AHK or other OS-level software.
Still, it'd be cool if this was possible in firmware on the Nano75.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

23 Oct 2016, 13:05

Anyone else owning this keyboard?

I your ESC-key constantly white backlit, too?
Just wondering why...

III

23 Oct 2016, 14:47

mech greenhand wrote:
geostation wrote: is this bluetooth 4 LE? also is there a black/acrylic version thats planned ?
Bluetooth 4.0 is underway. It is planned to have the non-backlit nano75 keyboard with 4.0 bluetooth within another 30 days.
Will that be with 45g domes? Also, what's the odds of an plum87 with the same features? This would be a great keyboard to leave at work I think.

mech greenhand

23 Oct 2016, 17:15

III wrote:
mech greenhand wrote:
Will that be with 45g domes? Also, what's the odds of an plum87 with the same features? This would be a great keyboard to leave at work I think.
Yes, 45g non-backlit nano keyboard ... Sorry no news of bluetooth for 87 or 84 keyboards yet.

III

23 Oct 2016, 17:37

Sweet, might just go for the nano then. Is there a manual for it somewhere? If it can be configured to toggle the arrow key cluster (so Fn need not be hold) but still keeping the 6-key cluster behind Fn I think this could be near ideal for me in the office.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

26 Oct 2016, 23:14

Typing on this board for a few days now... impressions are quiet good so far... might write a review in the near future if I find time...

III

17 Nov 2016, 20:49

How's the new revision coming along?

mech greenhand

29 Nov 2016, 17:34

III wrote: How's the new revision coming along?
The new version is now available for ordering.
Have 35g and 45g versions, still coming with RGB backlighting, but with white-gray PBT keycaps, not full white keycap.
New version is with 4.0 bluetooth modular.

Here is the photo.
Attachments
plum nano 4.0IMG_20161124_194742.jpg
plum nano 4.0IMG_20161124_194742.jpg (117.43 KiB) Viewed 8045 times
plum nano 4.0IMG_20161124_195032.jpg
plum nano 4.0IMG_20161124_195032.jpg (135.23 KiB) Viewed 8045 times
plum nano 4.0IMG_20161124_194510.jpg
plum nano 4.0IMG_20161124_194510.jpg (151.16 KiB) Viewed 8045 times

t!ng
Awake Sheep

29 Nov 2016, 17:47

Why no black version?
Or 55g ?

Menuhin

29 Nov 2016, 18:11

t!ng wrote: Why no black version?
Or 55g ?
Exactly my questions for a long time. I want black color version with POM caps.

'NIZ' is the daughter of the boss of PLUM, perhaps she doesn't like anything black in color, or that her fingers are still too weak to type anything above 45g. Or that black color versions will overlap with Noppoo other keyboards.

mech greenhand

30 Nov 2016, 13:00

:D ,exactly plum owner prefers lighter switches, like 35g and 45g....Will ask him why no black versions...

mech greenhand

30 Nov 2016, 14:12

Got a reply from plum, no plans for black models for short recent. Will do finally some day.

III

03 Dec 2016, 19:19

What are those springs for? Are they for every key? Any news on 55g?

mech greenhand

07 Dec 2016, 18:25

III wrote: What are those springs for? Are they for every key? Any news on 55g?
The spring is for each key. The keyboard has 35g and 45g versions. The spring is 10g, so can put it under the keycap to make it heavier. It does not make it exact 55g, just to offer an alternative to try sth different...

No news for 55g versions..

F1LT3R

16 Jan 2017, 20:28

How does one simply "program" this keyboard?

t!ng
Awake Sheep

17 Jan 2017, 15:53

You need the software. PM me for details.

jonnyalex89

28 Jan 2017, 14:17

can someone link me to the software please?

hexpyws

31 Jan 2017, 05:25

Is AliExpress basically the only place to get one of these?

F1LT3R

07 Feb 2017, 08:25

Does anyone who owns this keyboard know whether it is possible to change the colors/brightness of the LEDs?

F1LT3R

07 Feb 2017, 10:13

I found that this is possible!\ to change the LEDs brightness/color and animation! Awesome. Thanks to Randombits for posting the documentation: http://randombits.me/?p=155

Brightness up and down: Fn+? and Fn+>

It also took me a minute to figure out that you need to HOLD Fn+F11 to get it to pair.

So far I'm really enjoying this keyboard. I think I might add lube and a silence mod (pads for the downstroke).

F1LT3R

07 Feb 2017, 10:51

What I am trying to figure out now is how to switch the Ctrl and the Caps Lock keys. The manual says you can do this, which wold be nice as this is what I am used to now from the HHKB. But Fn + F9 seems to switch the Alt + Win only.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Feb 2017, 11:07

how's battery life on this thing?

t!ng
Awake Sheep

07 Feb 2017, 11:19

Just reprogram it in pro mode. I have sent you the software.

Havent tested the battery life yet.

Menuhin

07 Feb 2017, 20:53

matt3o wrote: how's battery life on this thing?
There are not too many Bluetooth mechanical keyboards out there with a small rechargeable battery solution (similar to Hasu HHKB BT controller), this is one of them, apart from the two moderns by Varmilo, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 keyboards etc. I am looking forward to your Bluetooth keyboard creation. :)

I am not sure if the creator / designer / boss of "this thing" will be secretly browsing DT sometimes? ;)
He's also the person who created many other keyboard products such as some of the few modern boards that sport POM key caps in Cherry profile, and one of the consultants for the 2+years long test-usage phase of the first few limited productions of Gateron switches before the production slowly increased to the quantity for consumers after quality has been ensured. He listed out what better materials (compared to Cherry) have been used to produce the Gateron switches, although not directly the boss of Gateron.

Here is probably his blog:
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text=

And this is probably his blog entry about the keyboard when it was still in limited production and testing phase, with Bluetooth 3.0.
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text=

It should have a 3000mAh rechargeable battery inside, and according to the boss / designer, the Bluetooth 3.0 version can be used (tested by continuous typing) for 90 hours when the LED backlighting is off, and when the LED backlighting is on, it can last for about 6 hours.

However, there is no information about battery performance of the improved version with Bluetooth 4.0. One major improvement of Bluetooth 4.0 over 3.0 is energy efficiency, it is said that the performance of BT 4.0 can be 5x or 10x better/longer when compared to BT 3.0.

As a side note, the blog of this person behind PLUM keyboards and who created "this thing" also talked about (probably) not creating anymore MX switch products, and discontinuing his line (or the whole series?) of keyboard with POM key caps, dual mode USB-2.4Hz and with full programmability. :o

Damn... I really like POM key caps (its sound, density, hardness, durability and color, etc other properties over any PBT or ABS) especially in Cherry profile, and keyboards dressed up with them. :(

F1LT3R

09 Feb 2017, 02:56

I am having a lot of trouble getting this keyboard to pair over bluetooth in OS X. Is anyone else having trouble with this?

I have managed to it once and use it for a couple hours. After this it seems pairing became impossible.

Where are the pairing instructions?

Actually.. it seems I can get to pair well if I change the USB port of the Bluetooth device.

F1LT3R

09 Feb 2017, 03:08

Also... why does the Escape flash? Is that a battery warning or something?

t!ng
Awake Sheep

10 Feb 2017, 10:37

IMG_20170210_102125.jpg
IMG_20170210_102125.jpg (615.27 KiB) Viewed 7550 times
The ANSI-DE-layout is working quite good for me. Running over Bluetooth has one problem: If I type too fast some inputs vanish. Maybe I should try another Bluetooth adapter.

I programmed arrow keys to the bottom row like this:
LCtrl = left
RWin = Down
App = Right
Uparrow = Up

It would be so nice to have the correct 1.25 bottom row keys with arrows on them!

Navigation keys are like this:
F9 = Home
F10 = PgUp
F11 = PgDn
F12 = End

My FN-key is on CapsLock realizing my favorite mapping of those keys additionally on:
FN + j = left
FN + k = down
FN + l = right
FN + i = up
FN + u = Home
FN +o = End
FN + h = PgUp
FN + n = PgDn

Mousemovements are programmed like this:
FN + W, A, S, D
FN + E = left click
FN + Q = right click
FN + R = sensitivity up
FN + F = sensitivity down

The rest of missing DE-keys are on:
FN + ü = <
FN + "+" = >
FN + # = |

The "-" key is on the key left to backspace. This one I could replace with the "-" key from the ANSI-layout.
Delete is above backspace under the "Druck" keycap, because I dont have a Row1 Deletekey in that color scheme =(

The keycaps are Cherry Dyesubbed PBT and I cant appreciate the typing experience in combination with those fake Topres enough!

All in all I really enjoy this little friend.

Return to “Keyboards”