My Review of the Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate Edition (Blank Key-caps)

anon420

24 Jul 2016, 13:03

Removed.
Last edited by anon420 on 24 Jul 2016, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

24 Jul 2016, 13:57

This keyboard isn't related to Germany in any way at all. Only the name gives it a German appeal.

Also ...
The German designed Das Keyboard 4 Professional is the Mercedes Benz of mechanical keyboards. While the Das Professional 4 certainly isn’t cheap, its well thought out features make it a popular choice among enthusiasts. A premium design and a high level of craftsmanship has awarded Das keyboard praise from its customer base.
Is this a paid review or did you get the keyboard for free?
Overly positive reviews always make me suspicious, sorry.

And the Pok3r received a lot of hate for very similair lasered keycaps ...

I couldn't find any information on the thickness and material of the keycaps, maybe you can pop one off and add a picture to your review.

shreebles
Finally 60%

24 Jul 2016, 14:05

Shameless plug indeed, reflinks included.

Sorry, I will not read more from your blog.

One reason is that it's plastered with reflinks (get a job, damn).

Another reason is statements that are inaccurate or incorrect, or completely subjective, including:
a 4° incline, offering a nice ergonomic typing experience
Shaking my head... Please do not talk about ergonomics just because "it feels good".

http://ergo.human.cornell.edu/ahtutoria ... sture.html
I can only recommend 60% keyboards for portable productivity. Most serious gamers will only be frustrated by this keyboard layout.
Most serious (read:pro) gamers have no idea such form factors exist, because they are paid to use the products their sponsor gives them. Most gamers I know that have tried 60% have no issues gaming with it, in fact it's quite practical because few games really require arrow keys and a 60% gives you a lot more space for the mouse. Just ask r/mk if any serious gamers have issues with 60% keyboards, this is completely fabricated!
Cherry MX blue switches feel soft under the typist’s fingers.
???
The keys are laser cut and this means you cannot smudge off the key writing.
Laser cut backlit caps are very quick to wear down or even wear off the writing completely.

Examples: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48 ... msg1074428

Please, take your advertising elsewhere. This is a forum for serious input device enthusiasts.

scottc

24 Jul 2016, 14:10

Yeah, the review does not seem objective at all to me given how rugged and well-built the Das is in reality (spoiler alert: it just isn't). Also there's an Amazon referral link at the bottom littered throughout the entire article (wow) without prior warning, which is particularly poor form.

I'm pretty sure the keycaps are the standard low-quality lasered ABS that come with almost every stock keyboard. The statement from the review:
The professional edition comes with laser etched key-caps, historically this type of printing lasts a long time.

I'm sorry, but this is unfortunately just objectively false since laser etching is renowned for not being a durable legend printing method. Details about other more reliable methods can be found on the wiki: wiki/Keycap_printing

If you really want a durable set of keycaps, they would have to be double-shot or dye-sublimated, but definitely not lasered.

Meh. Obvious shill review.

rootwyrm

24 Jul 2016, 15:50

Does the FTC know about your illegal operation? You're required by law to disclose that Das paid you for a fake-review. Or are you going to claim the "native advertising" route? Either way, how much did they pay, out of curiosity?
Unless you were stupid enough to think a free keyboard was anywhere near enough payment for a shitshow like yours. I mean, this is at least a $5,000 shill job. Especially with the risk of getting banned from actually respectable forums.

ohaimark
Kingpin

24 Jul 2016, 15:51

His name is anon420. He smokes weed erry day. He don't care about no FTC or permaban.

chzel

25 Jul 2016, 00:43

rootwyrm wrote: Does the FTC know about your illegal operation? You're required by law to disclose that Das paid you for a fake-review. Or are you going to claim the "native advertising" route?
Why the f :evilgeek: :evilgeek: would he care? Why do a lot of Americans assume they are the centre of the universe and everyone must abide by their laws? The man is in New Zealand. On the other side of the globe. Literally. FTC is just 3 random letters to him.

Edited for profanity, lest I break any law!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

25 Jul 2016, 00:45

anon420 wrote: Removed.
Hmm was the DAS 4 so crap or what? :o

scottc

25 Jul 2016, 00:45

chzel wrote:
rootwyrm wrote: Does the FTC know about your illegal operation? You're required by law to disclose that Das paid you for a fake-review. Or are you going to claim the "native advertising" route?
Why the fuck would he care? Why do a lot of Americans assume they are the centre of the universe and everyone must abide by their laws? The man is in New Zealand. On the other side of the globe. Literally. FTC is just 3 random letters to him.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

adhoc

25 Jul 2016, 08:45

I find Das 4 as appealing as chlamydia. There is not a single redeeming factor to it.

shreebles
Finally 60%

25 Jul 2016, 08:51

scottc wrote:
chzel wrote:
Why the fuck would he care? Why do a lot of Americans assume they are the centre of the universe and everyone must abide by their laws? The man is in New Zealand. On the other side of the globe. Literally. FTC is just 3 random letters to him.
Couldn't have said it better myself!
True but... Maybe the law isn't so different in New Zealand?

Maybe it's not allowed there to post shill reviews either?

Maybe they have the equivalent of a Verbraucherschutzzentrale :) (consumer advice center)

y11971alex

25 Jul 2016, 09:02

Muirium, perhaps this should be moved into Reviews forum?

shreebles
Finally 60%

25 Jul 2016, 09:13

No, that was hardly a review. That was advertising. The thread should be moved into the "stuff we don't want" subforum. Or, simply, deleted.

y11971alex

25 Jul 2016, 10:56

After reading the actual review on another website (instead of just the title), I have come to the same conclusion.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

25 Jul 2016, 11:16

Oh wow that REALLY backfired... Basically giving members of a true enthusiasts forum an occasion to collectively proclaim their disregard for the DAS KEYBOARD products.

shreebles
Finally 60%

25 Jul 2016, 11:32

For me it's not so much the product I despise but his intention.

He knows the topic of mechanical keyboards has been gaining traction in the past few years, especially but not exclusively in the PC Gamer crowd.

He has no deep knowledge of the topic which shows in his articles, hence why he comes here and asks our opinion.

And now he wants to start a review site that depends on paid product reviews.
People have heard that you can earn money on the internet and now every idiot is trying it.

I just found this on his blog. I don't remember it being there but according to Google Cache it was there 4 days ago. So he didn't add it just now but still doesn't make the whole thing better.
Affiliate Disclaimer
KeyboardAuthority.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
I hate this kind of shit, he is just here to fish information to bolster his phony review site.

I say ban, he is trying to make money from information that comes out of the community.

Return to “Keyboards”