Cherry springs

fossala
Elite +1

05 Nov 2011, 10:06

I like the clears I just got of biniris but the normal springs are too heavy and the brown springs sometimes don't bounce back up. Is there any other spring options?

mintberryminuscrunch

05 Nov 2011, 10:16

Black springs
Its called panda.. or so

fossala
Elite +1

05 Nov 2011, 10:20

How much lighter is it and does anyone want to sell me 60 of them?

fossala
Elite +1

05 Nov 2011, 11:58

I am going to give the clear springs a bit longer. I seem to be typing quite well and fluid with them. Just need to see if I can get used to the weight.

mintberryminuscrunch

05 Nov 2011, 12:16

The clear springs aren linear afaik. And the blacks should be lighter. I have plenty left u can have for shipping only. But im not sure if i can send them in an envelope.

BiNiaRiS

08 Nov 2011, 07:42

fossala wrote:I like the clears I just got of biniris but the normal springs are too heavy and the brown springs sometimes don't bounce back up. Is there any other spring options?
The stem not bouncing back is due to the leaf inside the switch housing. This happens a lot more on brand new boards because the leaf hasn't been broken in. Pop open the switch and push the leaf back so it doesn't fight with the stem and you won't have that issue. If it's just sticking a little, just use the switch a lot and most of the time it will loosen by itself and it won't be a problem anymore.

fossala
Elite +1

08 Nov 2011, 09:35

I have persevered with just clears and I'm now loving them.

ripster

11 Nov 2011, 17:22

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:The clear springs aren linear afaik. And the blacks should be lighter. I have plenty left u can have for shipping only. But im not sure if i can send them in an envelope.
All cylindrical compression springs are linear.

It's called Hooker's Law.

Hah, Hooker's Law is "Cash Only".

mintberryminuscrunch

11 Nov 2011, 22:34

only for linear springs.. still ignorant

ripster

12 Nov 2011, 18:45

Enlighten me!!!!

ripster

12 Nov 2011, 20:15

Spring it on me!

ripster

12 Nov 2011, 20:15

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:only for linear springs.. still ignorant
Springtime for Hitler!

And Germany!

ripster

13 Nov 2011, 07:46

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:only for linear springs.. still ignorant
Not just linear springs!

http://barrygoldberg.net/fark/hookes_law.gif

mintberryminuscrunch

13 Nov 2011, 13:42

to not drive this any further
i'm not even sure if cherry clear springs are linear or progressive so i wrote "afaik" to anyone with further knowledge to come in.
BUT not all cylindrical springs are linear (ask your car) and hence argumenting with Hook's law wich only applies to linear springs.. and posting random stuff you dont understand to...

btw. the only thing your seem to be able to proof is Goodwin's Law ;)

ripster

13 Nov 2011, 19:48

You sir, are an ignorant slut.

This is a keyboard forum, not a car forum.

Hooke's Law FTW!

In case you're ESL here's a graph.
cherry black force diagram.jpg
cherry black force diagram.jpg (56.13 KiB) Viewed 2583 times
In case you're Asian ESL here's a graph.
Cherry Red Force Diagram.jpg
Cherry Red Force Diagram.jpg (63.71 KiB) Viewed 2583 times
I thought all Germans took Physics?

ripster

15 Nov 2011, 16:49

And to be ABSOLUTELY sure the force diagram for these is determined by the springs I did this simple test.

1. Removed Cherry Spring from a Cherry MX Red
2. Put a key on it. It ALMOST depresses - the key weighs .8g (see Geekhack Key Ref Wiki for details)
3. Add a 1 Yen coin that weighs 1.00g on top (see Geekhack for details, coin pics are BANNED)
4. The switch collapses. Indicating at MOST 2g of force is added by the switch leaves.

See my subforum at Geekhack for details. I'm too lazy to deal with posting pics at TWO different forums.

fossala
Elite +1

15 Nov 2011, 16:52

I don't want to start trouble but why is the rip-o-meter banned on deskthority?

ripster

15 Nov 2011, 17:04

Please stay on topic or I'll have to report you.

Return to “Keyboards”