Tactile Alps clones without tactile leaf?

Lynx_Carpathica

14 Aug 2016, 12:51

I recived this Mac keyboard with my PMacintosh 7500.
And it contains non-clicky, tactile Alps colnes (Are they actually clones, or an other alps-mount brand, like Omron?)
The prev. owner told me that the keys were sticky, so he lubricated them. Yupp, the keyboard was on the top of the computer, and the Mac was swimming in WD-40. Yuck! How could anyone lubricate switches this badly?
The keyboard is called Adesso. Are theese switches common?
Alps.jpg
Alps.jpg (47.48 KiB) Viewed 6629 times
Adesso.jpg
Adesso.jpg (68.77 KiB) Viewed 6629 times

EDIT: I'm going to try to make a better picture. What you can't see, are the contact leaves.

terrycherry

15 Aug 2016, 09:26

Good share post. Waiting for your contact leaves photos with good light. I'm prefer you desloder the switch and take it.
It seems like the Xiang Min KSB series.

Lynx_Carpathica

22 Aug 2016, 10:57

terrycherry wrote: Good share post. Waiting for your contact leaves photos with good light. I'm prefer you desloder the switch and take it.

Sorry, I did not have time so far, and will not have untill Tomorrow night. Sorry for being late :(
I'm not at home.

Lynx_Carpathica

22 Aug 2016, 10:58

Lynx_Carpathica wrote:
terrycherry wrote: Good share post. Waiting for your contact leaves photos with good light. I'm prefer you desloder the switch and take it.

Sorry, I did not have time so far, and will not have untill Tomorrow night. Sorry for being late :(
I'm not at home.
A moderator pwase delete this thread. I dont have time as of now for keyboards.

terrycherry

29 Aug 2016, 05:23

Lynx_Carpathica wrote:
Lynx_Carpathica wrote:

I'm not at home.
A moderator pwase delete this thread. I dont have time as of now for keyboards.
Sad. No chance to see which clone it is. It always a big question about which swithes on FCCID KJXKB205 keyboard.
Hope to see you back soon and enjoy this vintage.

Lynx_Carpathica

04 Sep 2016, 11:30

Today is the day. I'm gonna go fishing with my father, and ASA I come back home, I'm going to desolder one, and will have a look at them. :)

EDIT: The inside looks like simplified alps as far as I can tell. The leaf spring is bent in, giving a verry good tactile feedback.

Lynx_Carpathica

04 Sep 2016, 15:55

Lynx_Carpathica wrote: Today is the day. I'm gonna go fishing with my father, and ASA I come back home, I'm going to desolder one, and will have a look at them. :)

EDIT: The inside looks like simplified alps as far as I can tell. The leaf spring is bent in, giving a verry good tactile feedback.
Weeeeeelllll, I ran into some problems. While desoldering the switches, I dropped it, and the pcb cracked on a few points, just flakes. Can be fix'd... There is no interesting stuff on the bottom on the switches either.

EDIT: Random numbers: 2Exx
XX=19, 20, 13, usw.
The return key is a linear yellow switch, with this: 3E31. It's also heavyer.

Edit2: It can't be possible... My phone broke, so I can't upload a pictore AGAIN.... :cry:
Last edited by Lynx_Carpathica on 05 Sep 2016, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.

terrycherry

05 Sep 2016, 04:55

Glad to see you back to update this.

Please take a look carefully.
Is the green's internal leaves and spring are same as this one?
01.jpg
01.jpg (259.37 KiB) Viewed 6257 times
Is the Linear yellow on both enter and space bar? the internal leaves and spring are same as this one?
Alps.tw_Type_T8.jpg
Alps.tw_Type_T8.jpg (209.39 KiB) Viewed 6257 times

Lynx_Carpathica

05 Sep 2016, 13:43

Will have to check it, but linear only was under the big-ass return key.

terrycherry

05 Sep 2016, 18:58

Is the green switch under the space bar?
Is it something special under the Caps lock?
Can't wait to see your photos if it is possible 8-) .

Lynx_Carpathica

05 Sep 2016, 20:06

There is No tactile leaf, but there is tactile feedback on those switches.
The yellow return one is also in the album, uploaded to OneDrive.
Please stand by, uploading the pics.

Gonna bump the topic when it's ready, and put the link in this reply. ;)

I got myself a replacement board for my GT-i9100 from my friend for free. 8-)

Edit: Where is the bump button?

EDIT2: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlXE1_Pee0XpwhZrVUSyJd8vv4Vd
Anyway... there you go guy(s)! :)
It's a nightmare to put back together while disassmebled...

terrycherry

06 Sep 2016, 20:31

Thanks you so much. It's a very very rare Himake switch. I never seen the alps clone with Himake logo on the switch base because Himake sold the manufacture of switch to Hua-Jie quickly.

Your Himake green and yellow one almost have the same internal with alps.tw Type OA2 but without click leaf and branding.
It's linear not tactile. I think you felt it was tactile because the spring was not stand on the middle tip of the internal of base shell. Try to take out the spring, clean the switch shell and assemble them correctly.
wiki/File:Alps.tw_Type_OA2.jpg

Your keyboard is the re-sold product of Ortek Mac-105 keyboard. There's something special under the Caps lock.
wiki/Ortek_Mac-105

Your photos are better than before but not very clear to see the difference. Try to desloder and clean it up, take a shot like the picture I replied on the post.
Is the yellow base are branding Himake too?

see more infomation
wiki/Hua-Jie_AK_series

Lynx_Carpathica

06 Sep 2016, 22:07

Absolutelly ZERO branding on the switches.
The greens can't be linear. They have never been touched, just lubed.
Also, the feedback is too consistant through the keyboard to be incident.
There was nothing special (not even futaba in this case) under the caps lock.
Tonorrow further investigation will be done.

terrycherry

07 Sep 2016, 05:41

The thing is the used dirty keyboard. Switch should not smooth and feel some tactile feedback. Should clean it completely, not just lubed.
Could you make it clean than capture a clips to hear the sound?

Your yellow one should be the AK-CN2 yellow variant(also the AK-LE, and I think there's have LED on the shell)
wiki/File:Monterey_K110_Hua-Jie_--_switches.jpg
wiki/File:Hua-Jie_spring_comparison_in_ ... y_K110.jpg
wiki/File:Monterey_K110_Hua-Jie_switch_comparison.jpg

I can see the base logo is not Himake on one of the switchas following. What is that?
other branding.jpg
other branding.jpg (617.87 KiB) Viewed 6160 times

Lynx_Carpathica

07 Sep 2016, 06:59

That's bacaouse i shoot it on my tai-hao aruz board, easier to focus :D

terrycherry

14 Sep 2016, 09:41

Oh, goodness. So, are the green and yellow switch having the Himake logo like Tai-Hao Aruz?

Lynx_Carpathica

14 Sep 2016, 14:43

No. I have a Tai-Hao Fame keyboard, and I shoot the picture on that board, becaouse that was on my desk.
The Adesso is in parts currently, waiting for the PCB repair. Will be a piece of cake, if I'm going to have energy for it, after restoring the Tai-Hao. It's not quite ready yét.

terrycherry

16 Sep 2016, 15:04

I got it. Wait for your update. Hope you put the metal leaf and parts on the desk together and shot it. Also the base of the shell.=]

Lynx_Carpathica

22 Sep 2016, 13:23

There they are...
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlXE1_Pee0XpwiO69G-38i6BzReN

I've cleaned the switch, but it still has a very decent tactile feedback. It's very round, and feels very good.

Daniel Beardsmore

21 Mar 2017, 09:41

Interesting, I never saw those pictures. It's a different design again: the stationary contact has two raised contact points instead of the usual one. It may be a better-made version of [wiki]alps.tw Type OA4[/wiki] (where they didn't get two fully distinct contact points).

I don't see any reason for one design to be tactile when the other is not — it makes me curious whether it's just a fluke that it turned out that way, or whether there really is something special.

What's the year on this keyboard? I can't read all the writing on the chip. OA4 seems to be a transition design, and your keyboard seems to likewise be transitional.

Lynx_Carpathica

25 Mar 2017, 11:55

Daniel Beardsmore wrote: Interesting, I never saw those pictures. It's a different design again: the stationary contact has two raised contact points instead of the usual one. It may be a better-made version of [wiki]alps.tw Type OA4[/wiki] (where they didn't get two fully distinct contact points).

I don't see any reason for one design to be tactile when the other is not — it makes me curious whether it's just a fluke that it turned out that way, or whether there really is something special.

What's the year on this keyboard? I can't read all the writing on the chip. OA4 seems to be a transition design, and your keyboard seems to likewise be transitional.
I have no clue where are the parts of the keyboard...

Return to “Keyboards”