Secret Santa 2016! Pairings sent! Shipping early November, e.g. NOW!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

05 Jan 2017, 17:17

shrubbry, vsev, and mecano, please post photos of your gifts!

Scarpia

05 Jan 2017, 21:12

XMIT wrote: shrubbry, vsev, and mecano, please post photos of your gifts!
Also Muirium... :?

vsev

06 Jan 2017, 11:13

Hi I know being very late on this, no particular excuse, just life as we all know it I guess :x
Anyway here are (crappy taken with bad cam) pics from my very well received santa's gifts box !
Box_outside.jpg
Box_outside.jpg (201.83 KiB) Viewed 3974 times
Box_inside.jpg
Box_inside.jpg (235.43 KiB) Viewed 3974 times
Card.jpg
Card.jpg (247.04 KiB) Viewed 3974 times
Wait, ooohh there is one other thing beside the ML board in azerty that I was wondering for a while to acquire one...?
Spoiler:
And a very self-made Beamspring Controller !!! With self made nice cables !!!
Beamspring_Controler.jpg
Beamspring_Controler.jpg (383.62 KiB) Viewed 3974 times
Definitely very pleased with my gifts, many thanks to you again Mecano !!
The controller isn't properly working yet but I've good faith in ! Progressed a bit since we met and will go further with a friend of mine who is more experienced than me into this ;)
Will maybe drink some SPRITZ before doing it all but hey thank also for the prosecco bottle, will enjoy it also for sure :P

andrewjoy

06 Jan 2017, 11:19

Is that the older winkeyless version of that ML ? If so they are pretty sweet in my opinion.

I used it for years in my old job, used to confuse the hell out of people but it kept them away form my desk when i was off on leave !

alh84001
v.001

06 Jan 2017, 12:59

That custom xwhatsit is gorgeous!

vsev

06 Jan 2017, 13:46

andrewjoy wrote: Is that the older winkeyless version of that ML ? If so they are pretty sweet in my opinion.

I used it for years in my old job, used to confuse the hell out of people but it kept them away form my desk when i was off on leave !
Indeed winkeyless version, with ps2 connector, a bit scratchy but I think a little teflon or lube nicely applied will fine this up !
alh84001 wrote: That custom xwhatsit is gorgeous!
Yes it really is something unexpected and lovely, hope to get it properly working soon :)

ohaimark
Kingpin

22 Jan 2017, 04:44

Here's what my F AT looks like after a complete cleanup and fairly non-intrusive ANSI mod:

Thanks again, Snuci!

Also, for those who might be taking apart Model Fs, they go together much easier if you spray the rear foam with teflon dry lubricant. I didn't even need clamps to get it together!

alh84001
v.001

22 Jan 2017, 04:51

Those are some early model M ANSI caps on that AT.

And BTW, I just finished the last of melomakarona I got in my package earlier today. They were delicious, and quite appreciated, as nothing is too sweet for my taste. Thanks once again, santa :)

chuckdee

22 Jan 2017, 05:41

XMIT wrote: shrubbry, vsev, and mecano, please post photos of your gifts!
Shrubbry's profile reveals this interesting factoid- Last Visit: 11 Dec 2016, 13:41

So perhaps something untoward happened? :(

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

22 Jan 2017, 13:08

shrubbry, vsev, mecano, and Muirium still need to post photos or they won't be in the rotation next year and that would be sad. Please, let's hear from you, and see some photos!

vsev

23 Jan 2017, 09:44

Hmm I've posted pics, just few posts up ! About 2 weeks ago, crappy as hell but still...

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

23 Jan 2017, 14:06

vsev wrote: Hmm I've posted pics, just few posts up ! About 2 weeks ago, crappy as hell but still...
Oh yes you did! I didn't update my list when they came in. Sorry for the trouble vsev!

shrubbry, mecano, and Muirium, where are your photos?

andrewjoy

24 Jan 2017, 11:57

I think Mµ is still dealing with family stuff , so we should give him some extra time i think.

mecano

11 Feb 2017, 13:10

Sorry for the late post, I temporized too much, please receive all my apologies for this.
I have no excuses and one reason though.
Because the who who santa me did sent one dreaded thing, yes *that* thing! :D
But really I have no excuses so sorry again and especially to Wodan.

But without further delay, let's have a look of what was inside the box:
SA Round 5 grey caps!!!
SA Round 5 grey caps!!!
IMG_5764.JPG (78.89 KiB) Viewed 3760 times
Greatness there are even Volume caps, I parted recently one of my R1 volume cap to help and trade with a fellow DT member and regretted it a little after so this is incredibly welcome, so is the lock cap and others like stop/run, reset, debug, etc.!!!
Tipro USB controller!!
Tipro USB controller!!
IMG_5765.JPG (107.14 KiB) Viewed 3760 times
Got a tipro with serial controller from Wodan and he remembered and here it is Xmas instant upgrade :)
Homemade silencer grommets
Homemade silencer grommets
IMG_5766.JPG (83.07 KiB) Viewed 3760 times
Still have to test these ones, they are thinner that the thinner ones you can get from your o-ring supplier, homemade and really interesting material, kinda soft solid plastic (delrin?).
Keycap cheat/sorting sheet
Keycap cheat/sorting sheet
IMG_5769.JPG (101.19 KiB) Viewed 3760 times
Nice words and sorting sheets.

and… and…
The dreaded!
The dreaded!
IMG_5768.JPG (98.71 KiB) Viewed 3760 times
Whaaaat!!??!! A Wyse!?! Amazing! Great caps, let's test this, not bad, something a little weird though, mmm I may scavenge switches and part with the caps (<- disrespectful ortholinear builder jerk awfull thoughts)… reading the letter… oh! I can't! Damn, what should I do? Really report I got a rubber dome to others? Mmm let's wait a little, don't want this good fellow to be bashed, even if it's the best rubber dome keyboard in the world it's rubber dome afterall :mrgreen: Ahaha someone has to do it I guess!

Thank you Santa, that was a lot fun!

mecano

13 Feb 2017, 17:10

vsev wrote: The controller isn't properly working yet but I've good faith in ! Progressed a bit since we met and will go further with a friend of mine who is more experienced than me into this ;)
Will maybe drink some SPRITZ before doing it all but hey thank also for the prosecco bottle, will enjoy it also for sure :P
One possible fix may be to add capacitors in between the arduino micro and the mcp4725, I counted on the arduino ones but that may have not been enough.

mecano

07 Mar 2017, 14:34

vsev wrote:
andrewjoy wrote: Is that the older winkeyless version of that ML ? If so they are pretty sweet in my opinion.

Indeed winkeyless version, with ps2 connector, a bit scratchy but I think a little teflon or lube nicely applied will fine this up !
Sorry, forgot to tell you about the scratchyness, it comes from the fact I've put oszillin T6 on the contacts, usually needs two, three months of normal usage to break in again :/ Not that the switches were not registrering or weren't smooth but as it was stored with no use for years I thought it won't harm (but yes it gives scratchyness to switches for a while, after that they are even smoother, I cured brand new mx browns this way).

jakkul

09 Mar 2017, 09:34

this is the sweetest thing I've seen in the internet lately :)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

09 Mar 2017, 10:18

mecano wrote: ...
Thank you Santa, that was a lot fun!
Thanks so much for posting mecano!
I was a little unsure about the Wyse keyboard but it was a nice ISO-FR layout and got really good appraisal "for a rubberdome" so I thought it might tickle you a little bit :)

Return to “Keyboards”