Ravcore Edge – an affordable Kailh Blue keyboard

hook

28 Nov 2016, 19:06

I was just picking up a μSD card and a fan for my new ARM server, when I saw a few mechanical keyboards in the shop and just needed to goof around with them a bit.

Amongst the standard gaming bunch, this one stood out – a Ravcore Edge (short for Raven Core, it seems) :

I haven’t had much time with it, but it was pretty pleasant to type on and I quite enjoyed the sound – It wasn’t as high-pitched at all as I imagined blues would be. It also felt and sounded much better than all other gaming keyboards I tried so far. (I’m not looking for a gaming keyboard, but that’s what you easily get in shops when it comes to mechanicals.)

It uses Kailh Blue switches. There is a back light, but only red. It seems you can dim it and select which keys should light up (I didn’t manage to try as it wasn’t connected). Some might like it that it has a USB port and audio in and out jacks as well on board.

…and here’s the surprise: this Polish keyboard costs around 100 € (it was discounted to 80€) and felt – to a noobie like me at least – of better quality than the more expensive and well known Logitech (Omron Romer-G), Roccat (Cherry MX Brown) and Razer (Razer Green) which I managed to try in the same hour.

https://www.ravcore.com/en/product/edge-2

Caveat Emptor: I am by far not an experienced reviewer of mechanical keyboards, so if you have experience with it, do share.

Return to “Keyboards”