Custom ALPS PCB and plate

JollySkeletor

15 Mar 2017, 13:45

I just got my hands on some orange alps in good condition - does anyone know of an alps compatible pcb + plate floating around? So far i've only seen the planck (me and ortholinear don't get on well). Thanks in advance.

pfoff

15 Mar 2017, 13:56

Hasu's alps64? Don't know if it's still available, though.
Last edited by pfoff on 16 Mar 2017, 03:03, edited 1 time in total.

Menuhin

15 Mar 2017, 14:51

If "Floating around" = available for grab in the market, you are correct.

Planck PCB + its Alps plate is the only ready to ship kit for Alps build.

Other than that, I highly recommend Hasu's Alps64 PCB + custom plate from yourself, e.g. Lasergist cutting 1.3mm plate from one of those on the Alps 60 board plates thread. Alps64 is more versatile in its layout support, despite the lack of flashy feature, e.g. totally not a single LED support, of cause no underglow, not compatible with hotswap Holtite receptacles. It's still the most popular option.

Other options will be in production:
Let's Split PCB + cut / print your own plate
Infinity PCB + MassDrop plate - but you have to wait for the next MassDrop

Other options in marketplace, may or may not be in production again:
Korean Duck's Eagle PCB (60%) + custom plate
Korean LeeKu's earlier PCB work (3000 and 1800) + custom plate

Have I missed anything?

Applet

15 Mar 2017, 15:47

what keycaps are you planning to use? I'd recommend sorting that out before ordering a plate, universal plates does not really work with alps

JollySkeletor

15 Mar 2017, 15:51

i've got some caps from an AT101

TeaLeaf

15 Mar 2017, 22:39

If you plan on using caps from an AT101 with Hasu's PCB you could use one of the plate designs here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82916.0
But just note that only the first plate design has been tested and if you do use Lasergist to get the plate cut you need to email them if you want the thickness to be 1.2mm instead of 1mm.

Return to “Keyboards”