Capsense help

just_add_coffee

28 Mar 2017, 19:42

I'm using Capsense 0.9.0 with an F107 and I want to Cut, Copy, Paste, etc., with one assigned key. It doesn't seem to work; however, assigning alpha-numeric keys works fine.

Also, I cannot figure out how to set Macros. The pdf on http://downloads.cornall.co/ibm-capsense-usb/ didn't seem to help with this.

Please help. Thank you!

Ratfink

28 Mar 2017, 19:49

I've never figured out how to make those work except as macros. Maybe that's the intent: assign the key to Cut, then make a macro so that Cut sends Ctrl+X.

just_add_coffee

28 Mar 2017, 19:58

Ratfink wrote: I've never figured out how to make those work except as macros. Maybe that's the intent: assign the key to Cut, then make a macro so that Cut sends Ctrl+X.
I cannot figure out how to make the macro. The first image above is what I'm looking at and nothing that I've tried seems to work.

just_add_coffee

28 Mar 2017, 22:59

Bueller

just_add_coffee

29 Mar 2017, 02:50

Is it possible to use another firmware? Maybe something that's been updated within the last 2 1/2 years?

just_add_coffee

29 Mar 2017, 06:23

I finally got it.

As Ratfink said, you've gotta assign a key to either Copy, Cut, or Paste. I did that in Column 13.
capsense1.jpg
Next, in the Macros tab, select either Copy, Cut, or Paste in the Trigger on dropdown menu and leave everything else at the top alone.

The tricky part is bottom section with Command and Value. You have to select Assign Mods and then either L Ctrl or R Ctrl, press +, select Press, and finally, c and C (or x and X, or v and V).
capsense2.jpg
Not exactly the most intuitive interface ever devised. And xwhatsit never got around to including any instructions on his site regarding configuring macros.

And thank you to everyone here who helped, which includes Ratfink and no one else. Probably should've asked on /r/mechanicalkeyboards or GeekHack instead.

Return to “Keyboards”